Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Foulish)
    I prefer late nights.I avoid mornings, not because its early, but because the people who work in the mornings are those that have been working for the company for 20 odd years so try to tell you how to do your job, and generally complain at how the company is going down the drain. Seriously, if you hate it that much gtfo and get a new job.
    Haah, all the morning people in our store look at me like a piece of ****, it makes me feel so awful but they're just grumpy they have a whole shift ahead of them :cool: least I can play outside in the sun and they can't. That's what I tell myself anyway.

I'm HAPPY because they're hiring two new people to work friday and saturdays! I hope one of them is a girl, I feel so outnumbered and it would be nice to have female conversation. But either way I'm happy cos it means we won;t be as stretched. Yaay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Umm, you've kind of gone into the wrong department really. Didn't you even consider the early starts?
    Of course I did, I knew what times the shifts start, but considering I'm used to going to bed at 1am and getting up at 10am, it's not exactly easy to get into. :P Anyway, it's just for overtime, I haven't actually moved to that department.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I hate 9pm starts :awesome: I wish we had 8 hour shifts. Alternatively I'd rather start at 8pm and finish at 6pm. But they're actually trying to get us to do 10pm til 8am. NO THANK YOU. A hell of a lot of people would quit.

I do 10pm till 8am. It's no fun. Well, the store shuts at 10 and opens at 8 most days, so I guess that's good, since there's no customers. We're opening 24 hours soon apparently, but hopefully by then I'll be at uni and not doing 4 nights a week. Yay.

ReputationRep:
    had a contract change recently, 4 contracts in 1 year, i was fine with it on my 3rd contract change but a week after they decided to change it again so not really liking that but i suppose im a slave to the company anyways, it's still the same times but on different days so i do 5pm - 9pm now rather than the 6/7am - 10/11am ive done for 7 months so its all good as im not an early morning person.

still job hunting coming up to 2 years since graduating but with 3.5m unemployed it's going to be real hard. think i may have to make my mark at sainsburys

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it sad when someone has been there for 18 months, & when they leave the managment dont even suggest a leaving card even, let alone anything else.
    We sorted it between us.
    There seems to be a full time/part time devide, in respect?

ReputationRep:
    i have had a customer call to ask for the instore price of a tv, they said it was cheaper online. i did check the price on the handset too and it wasn't the wrong price and the model number seemed to match. didnt look on the website myself to check though.
    When customers do mention online prices are cheaper on electricals, I just say can be cheaper because of fewer overheads and labour.

It can be said the over way round too, if a store isn't ranged for certain items price on those drop until they are sold, so they are store specific items. While it is full price online.

Only way to find out is to check, if your store does not stock it you could ask someone at work to check who has it in stock and check the price from there.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    zzzzzzzzzzz want to leave now please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Isn't it sad when someone has been there for 18 months, & when they leave the managment dont even suggest a leaving card even, let alone anything else.
    We sorted it between us.
    There seems to be a full time/part time devide, in respect?
    Yeh I noticed that too, but my managers are always willing to sign the card we are passing artound.

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Nobody knows about Measure 25... this is shocking.

Basically. It's test purchasing as someone said rightly earlier. It's coming in on the 20-something-th of May.

The purchaser will be 18/19 years old and will look under 25. They will attempt to purchase an age-restricted product, and I'm told that it WON'T BE ALCOHOL.

It will be something like:
    - XBOX/Wii/PS3 etc games with an age restriction on
    - Magazines (like ones that come with games and stuff that are age restricted etc)
    - DVD/Blu-ray
    - Knives (or any cutlery - be aware of the spoons!)
    - Glue
    - Solvents
    - Pesticides/plant growth stuff
    - Matches (be aware - most stores don't have a till prompt unless it's kiosk)
    - Cigarette Lighters
    - Fire lighters, lighting fluid

All those kinds of things. Be very vigilant. Apparently it's "2 strikes and out". Supposedly you won't know if you fail the first purchase but another will follow and if you fail the second one you can get fired?!

I think this sounds like Sainsbury's really taking it a bit too far with the whole Think 25 thing but yeah here we go!

As I said. The purchaser will be 18/19, look under 25 and will produce upon application ASK a valid ID that they must present when they are out test purchasing.

Don't forget your Record of Challenges and Refusals book too...

Good luck everybody! May turn into a TSR competition, how many colleagues can a store lose by Measure 25?

Justin King was on the news the other day claiming to create hundreds of new jobs... by introducing Measure 25 so present colleagues get fired for their mis-haps with ID'ing customers! LOL

I knew refusing to be till trained was a good idea.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    That is a ridiculous idea! I'm so glad I don't work on the checkouts. Instead of firing them why don't you retrain them?!

ReputationRep:
    Why don't Sainsbo's tell people about things like Measure 25?! They never tell us anything. It's quite ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh and another thing. Is there such thing as an international driving licence? I asked some kid for ID a few weeks ago and he produced one of those. He was acting a bit dodgy and it looked a bit fake so I buzzed a supervisor and she said it was ok, but I'm 90% certain it was fake.

ReputationRep:
    Was it this?: http://fakeidentification.co.uk/fake...tification.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    Was it this?: http://fakeidentification.co.uk/fake...tification.php
    Yeah. I bloody knew it was fake. It was deemed ok because it had holograms or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    Wow! Nobody knows about Measure 25... this is shocking.

Basically. It's test purchasing as someone said rightly earlier. It's coming in on the 20-something-th of May.

The purchaser will be 18/19 years old and will look under 25. They will attempt to purchase an age-restricted product, and I'm told that it WON'T BE ALCOHOL.

It will be something like:
    - XBOX/Wii/PS3 etc games with an age restriction on
    - Magazines (like ones that come with games and stuff that are age restricted etc)
    - DVD/Blu-ray
    - Knives (or any cutlery - be aware of the spoons!)
    - Glue
    - Solvents
    - Pesticides/plant growth stuff
    - Matches (be aware - most stores don't have a till prompt unless it's kiosk)
    - Cigarette Lighters
    - Fire lighters, lighting fluid

All those kinds of things. Be very vigilant. Apparently it's "2 strikes and out". Supposedly you won't know if you fail the first purchase but another will follow and if you fail the second one you can get fired?!

I think this sounds like Sainsbury's really taking it a bit too far with the whole Think 25 thing but yeah here we go!

As I said. The purchaser will be 18/19, look under 25 and will produce upon application ASK a valid ID that they must present when they are out test purchasing.

Don't forget your Record of Challenges and Refusals book too...

Good luck everybody! May turn into a TSR competition, how many colleagues can a store lose by Measure 25?

Justin King was on the news the other day claiming to create hundreds of new jobs... by introducing Measure 25 so present colleagues get fired for their mis-haps with ID'ing customers! LOL
    With the matches thing, it could be argued that it is the stores fault for allowing the sale as there is no prompt. (Rather than being till specfic, its item specific. The matches down the bleach aisle do not have a prompt, but the kiosk ones do).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    one tricky question is: "would you like a shirt or polo shirt?". Another toughy being "Do you prefer jackets or a jumper?"
    I didn't know what to do at that point.
    I would suggest the long sleeve polo, and the jacket. The jumper attracts hair like a magnet, and that silly waisecoat thing they have makes you look like a pixie.

that is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    That is a ridiculous idea! I'm so glad I don't work on the checkouts. Instead of firing them why don't you retrain them?!
    Online drivers have to ask for ID too. *Assumes you are an online driver*.

Online drivers don't get observed or anything though.

I don't get why Sainsbury's constantly tries to trip its own employees up. I guess it's to keep us on our toes but it just makes you feel like a monkey. I don't understand how some people can work with them for 40 years or more - I guess it was very different when they first started.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Online drivers don't get observed or anything though.

I don't get why Sainsbury's constantly tries to trip its own employees up. I guess it's to keep us on our toes but it just makes you feel like a monkey. I don't understand how some people can work with them for 40 years or more - I guess it was very different when they first started.
    I thought the mystery shopper graded them?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.