Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sainsburys thread MK ll watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, recently me and a few other workers were denied holiday due to the fact we had stated a while back eventually we were going to university. So i have received my holiday form with every single day on there denied despite what would have been working there for about 8 of the 12 months of the holiday year. So basically to avoid all the hassle i want to quit as they have denied me the holiday that i have booked and paid for. I had requested next weekend off about 2 months ago which now has been denied so i am going to ring up and tell them i wont be coming back due to the hassle.

I understand it will be a crap reference or none at all so if i was to create a new CV could i completely ignore this last year?

ReputationRep:
    why not work your notice and get a decent reference?

ReputationRep:
    Well the days i wanted were purely so i could revise as i have self taught myself A levels over the year and i had some exams on Mondays and Tuesdays so the weekend would have been nice to have. Could i get a reference on 2 weeks notice?

You could get 'a' reference but it's unlikely to be a good one. You haven't fulfilled your contractual obligations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    I knew refusing to be till trained was a good idea.

LOL they keep banging on about us onliners getting til trained, but nothing has come of it yet.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    what ********* :rolleyes: are they ALLOWED to deny holiday?

i learnt last night that the two people we're getting in on weekends probs wont stay on weekends cos theyre friends with the person that does the rota. What a ******* joke. I hate saturdays. we had to leave a whole sectionlast night there simply wasn't enough people. plus we didn't finish til 7.01 anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    LOL they keep banging on about us onliners getting til trained, but nothing has come of it yet.
    I got "trained". Had a day 9am - 5pm for it, got trained and worked on tills in the afternoon.
    However the store trainer wasn't in that day, so I never got signed off and wasn't given a log in either, so I can't actually go on tills :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hiya everyone

Just a quick question i started working at sainsburys the saturday after last payday. So Next Friday (the 21st of may) will I get paid for all the work ive done in the last 4 weeks or are we paid a month in loo

Help im confused :confused:

Thank you

You'll get paid for all the work you did up until yesterday (Saturday). Any work you did today and any you do this week will be paid on the payday after.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much i can plan away my wages now

ReputationRep:
    I agree about the whole "trying to trip us up" thing!!

Hmmm.

Spazzycazzy - they probably won't do it lol I wouldn't worry. They better not do it, I am planning on not going to Uni this year and sucking up the department manager to promote me a little and give me more hours hahaha! Those hours are MINE. lol

They've trained a few GM people up lol GUTTED. Particularly one of them hates it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    I agree about the whole "trying to trip us up" thing!!

Hmmm.

Spazzycazzy - they probably won't do it lol I wouldn't worry. They better not do it, I am planning on not going to Uni this year and sucking up the department manager to promote me a little and give me more hours hahaha! Those hours are MINE. lol

They've trained a few GM people up lol GUTTED. Particularly one of them hates it :p:

Ooooh I wonder who that is?
    Well I wouldn't worry, they dont seem to be in too much of a hurry to train us. Not looking forward to tomorrow. We always run out of shopping on mondays
    You have Sarah on tills now dont you, she was great in online, a team leader, was a bit gutted when they moved her to checkouts.

ReputationRep:
    Hi lovely Sainsburys workers. :hi: I just wanted to ask, do any of you know what the policy is on transferring? I live in London but go to uni in Birmingham, and I'm looking to apply for a job in London for the holidays, so I'm thinking it would be an advantage if I say during the application that I'm also available to work at Sainsburys during termtime rather than just a couple of months during the summer. Do they generally let you do this?

ReputationRep:
    There's quite a few people at my store that dual store and I'm hoping to do it soon too when I go to uni! Not 100% on how you go about it but I'm just gonna talk to HR. Apparently they're generally ok about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cactussed)
    Hi lovely Sainsburys workers. I just wanted to ask, do any of you know what the policy is on transferring? I live in London but go to uni in Birmingham, and I'm looking to apply for a job in London for the holidays, so I'm thinking it would be an advantage if I say during the application that I'm also available to work at Sainsburys during termtime rather than just a couple of months during the summer. Do they generally let you do this?
    As theamazingdfghdfgdfgdfgdgdfg said, talk to your HR manager about getting a dual contract where you can work in more than one store.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, just looking for a bit of advice from someone in the know.

I've been offered a temporary summer job at sainsburys but I can't start for another 3 weeks and I let them know this at the interview and they said it probably wouldn't be a problem with me starting a bit later. But when I rung up today the HRS people said the only available induction is 25th May and the guy seemed to suggest if I didn't accept this I lost the job. Eventually when I explained what the store said he said he'd email the store and ask them if they had another date for me and they would contact me.

I just wondered what kind of flexibility they have with inductions and whether people reckon it's just HRS being clueless (I know they have a bit of a bad reputation!), because otherwise I don't get why the store would have offered me the job knowing full well when I can start?

Help!?!

ReputationRep:
    Hey don't worry about my last comment, just rung back and got the job I didn't think the store would be so keen to budge but apparently they've sorted out an induction on the 15th June for me! 9am-7pm its 10 hours long! What do you actually do in that time lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.beth.x)
    Hey don't worry about my last comment, just rung back and got the job I didn't think the store would be so keen to budge but apparently they've sorted out an induction on the 15th June for me! 9am-7pm its 10 hours long! What do you actually do in that time lol?
    Watch some videos,
    Learn some company vales,
    and get paid for doing it.

Just remember though, whilst you're doing it, you are getting paid :p: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    As theamazingdfghdfgdfgdfgdgdfg said, talk to your HR manager about getting a dual contract where you can work in more than one store.
    It's theamazingconquistadore :closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    Watch some videos, - Which you forget
    Learn some company vales, - Which you forget
    and get paid for doing it. - Which you've already spent
    :p:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.