Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    I guess so, but I would be ringing them before that 24 hours is anywhere near up! :yes:
    If all goes well I might be getting an interview, but I am going out all day, so I wont be near my computer

ReputationRep:
    lulz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    If all goes well I might be getting an interview, but I am going out all day, so I wont be near my computer

I'd call as soon as possible, just to have the security of having an interview Should only take a few minutes on the phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattgeezer)
    Any idea what a bakery assistant does?
    Uniform?
    Also do you get paid extra for unsociable hours?
    Cheers
    I'm a bakery assistant. I generally work 4 hour shifts either first thing in the morning or in the evenings.

My evening (5-9) shifts mostly involve slicing bread for sale the next day, manning the counter and generally overseeing the department and making sure it is tidy before I go home.

In the mornings I'll either restock the pre-packed bread as it arrives or pack the products that the bakers make in the store depending on what other people are working that day.

It's a good job but a bit boring in the evenings as I am generally on my own for the last two hours.

My uniform is the same as most other people in the store (no whites) but with the addition of a hat and apron.

I don't get an unsociable hours bonus but I only work when the store is open or one hour before. I think if you did actual nights then you might. Sundays are paid as normal but bank holidays get you a bit extra.

If you have any more questions just ask

It's my last day tomorrow!

Yaaaaay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    It's my last day tomorrow!

Yaaaaay!
    gratz how long did it take you to get a confirmation letter from sainsburys to confirm that your leaving? Ive given in mine last week and i havent recieved any acknowledgement or anything.

(Original post by tokyorose888)
    gratz how long did it take you to get a confirmation letter from sainsburys to confirm that your leaving? Ive given in mine last week and i havent recieved any acknowledgement or anything.
    Thanks

I got my confirmation letter on the day. (Because the PTM manager is my direct manager..). It basically detailed the conditions of ending my contract of employment, my last shift, payment, personal records. It was a generic template.

I would have thought you would have had some sort of confirmation already.. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Oh to see the day I get to take home one of those letters and sign myself off from life at Sainsbury's.

January-April next year I recks. Not too long. Not that I'd count the weeks/days or anything, once I know for sure if/when I'm heading on back to my abandoned mineshaft somewhere down under... haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Thanks

I got my confirmation letter on the day. (Because the PTM manager is my direct manager..). It basically detailed the conditions of ending my contract of employment, my last shift, payment, personal records. It was a generic template.

I would have thought you would have had some sort of confirmation already.. :confused:
    me too, ive given it in on saturday, was going to give it to my manager but this personnel worker said that she'll take it as its supposed to be given in to personnel. I havent worked since then, except for sunday so maybe they might tell me on saturday? lol

Also did they give you a reference yet for your time there? (or maybe we need to rquest one through writing?)

ive stated that my last day will be september the 5th (given in 4 weeks notice), so if i dont turn up after that, they cant blame me for anything right?

(Original post by tokyorose888)
    me too, ive given it in on saturday, was going to give it to my manager but this personnel worker said that she'll take it as its supposed to be given in to personnel. I havent worked since then, except for sunday so maybe they might tell me on saturday? lol

Also did they give you a reference yet for your time there? (or maybe we need to rquest one through writing?)

ive stated that my last day will be september the 5th (given in 4 weeks notice), so if i dont turn up after that, they cant blame me for anything right?
    I would speak to the PTM manager to confirm he/she has received it. Chances are it's been taken upstairs and someone's forgotten about it. I don't think HR wait, in most cases if you haven't been on shift, they write to you. But I guess with Sainsbury's you can never tell what's company policy and store policy? :rolleyes:

I didn't ask about references, because I didn't need one. But it's good you mentioned it. Because I know Orange are going to check my references at some point, and at the moment, I haven't confirmed it with them; I just put the stores details on my references sheet. :o: :confused:

If you stated the final day in your resignation letter, then that would have been confirmed in your letter (that you should have/be getting). If you have given it in, then there is nothing more you can do.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot do giftcards!

:rolleyes:

1. How do I allow a customer to use a giftcard to pay some of the balance, and then use their credit card to pay for the rest of the balance?

2. What if they want to add £30 to their giftcard via their ctredit card, how would that work?

REP AVAILABLE! :woo:

(Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I cannot do giftcards!

:rolleyes:

1. How do I allow a customer to use a giftcard to pay some of the balance, and then use their credit card to pay for the rest of the balance?

2. What if they want to add £30 to their giftcard via their ctredit card, how would that work?

REP AVAILABLE! :woo:
    1. Once you are at the payment screen, select 'Gift Card', swipe it and a prompt will appear with the balance. From there, you can key in the amount you wish to spend on it. Once you've done that, you'll be left with the remainder balance, simply continue with the credit card as normal. Once you've done this, you'll also get an extra receipt (Gift Card Balance). Just thought I should let you know, as you'll get the occasional customer stare at you waiting for it

2. I'm not too sure on this bit. However, I think you'll scan the barcode, it'll come up with a prompt on how much (£5 etc), once you've done that, it'll ask you to swipe the card. It'll then add the £5 etc to this card. It will show up on the receipt (I believe) as a generic Gift Card Top Up! Or it's via POS menu. Select 'Gift Card', it'll have an option for 'Balance', 'Top Up' or 'Transfer Balance'. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I had an investigation yesterday. A bag from self serve went missing.

The SS coin bag didn't have a string on it so it couldn't be put into the metal box otherwise the coins would fall out, so it got left in a bag. I went round picking up the bags, but didn't see the one in the siansbury's bag (It disguised itself well!). Apparently, someone came at 4am and took the bag -all caught on CCTV. There was a minor issue with the lack of dual control, but words have been saind about that. Apparently they lost £150.

Not particularly worried because I didn't take the money, but if anything does happen and the duty has nothing done to him, i'll follow it up - because he was supposed to check the number of bags.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    I had an investigation yesterday. A bag from self serve went missing.

The SS coin bag didn't have a string on it so it couldn't be put into the metal box otherwise the coins would fall out, so it got left in a bag. I went round picking up the bags, but didn't see the one in the siansbury's bag (It disguised itself well!). Apparently, someone came at 4am and took the bag -all caught on CCTV. There was a minor issue with the lack of dual control, but words have been saind about that. Apparently they lost £150.

Not particularly worried because I didn't take the money, but if anything does happen and the duty has nothing done to him, i'll follow it up - because he was supposed to check the number of bags.
    Don't be a snitch!

ReputationRep:
    Who's dressing up for the BBQ promotion days tomorrow and friday! Get to go to work in shorts and tee-shirt, and i might buy a hat with them corks on, and take in a blow up crocodile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Who's dressing up for the BBQ promotion days tomorrow and friday! Get to go to work in shorts and tee-shirt, and i might buy a hat with them corks on, and take in a blow up crocodile
    I would if I was working.... we have a giant cardboard BBQ at the moment, it made me lol

ReputationRep:

I didn't know anything about it :')

Its annoying only going to work on the weekends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    I would if I was working.... we have a giant cardboard BBQ at the moment, it made me lol
    We have one of them too :yes: Its amezin.

(Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    I didn't know anything about it :')

Its annoying only going to work on the weekends.
    Haha, they have been telling us for a while now, im sure all our weekend staff know.

Im not sure if everywhere is doing it, it is a national thing though, dress up in like beach wear because of some promotion on BBQs.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, they have been telling us for a while now, im sure all our weekend staff know.

Im not sure if everywhere is doing it, it is a national thing though, dress up in like beach wear because of some promotion on BBQs.
    is it for friday and saturday?

and alsoo, did your stores do anything for the tennis? If they did, then it probably is a sainsburys all over thing.
    Ill find out tomorrow :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    is it for friday and saturday?

and alsoo, did your stores do anything for the tennis? If they did, then it probably is a sainsburys all over thing.
    Ill find out tomorrow :')
    Nope, nothing for the tennis. We dressed up for the 140th birthday, and we did our own charity one the other day. But yeah, Fri/Sat as far as i know.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.