Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by NEW-GUY)
    i worked there in 2007, would the interview have changed much from then do you think ?
    not sure sorry!

i worked there in 2007, would the interview have changed much from then do you think ?
    Yeah, the interview is completely different now.

ReputationRep:
    The interview process has completly changed since '07.

Can someone help me please Im a Checkout Team Leader and next week I have my sign off test - I know they ask you relevant questions about youre department but what and Ive heard they ask you questions about other depts aswell!!!
    I only care about my dept, Ive done all the health & safety, food safety courses you name it ive done it but I didnt take it is as they werent really relevant to my dept.

What shall I do!

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Yeah, the interview is completely different now.
    can you give me an idea of that a typical sainsburys interview now would consist of ?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm just cottoned on after looking at my previous grocery order for last friday that something was delivered that I didn't order. They must have tapped the skew number into the gun because it didn't arrive as a sub. I ordered 2 Flake yogurts & 2 mini eggs yogurts & got 2 Wispa yogurt & 2 mini eggs ones.
    I was thinking up until now that I ordered the wrong ones, until I just signed into my account & checked fridays delivery.
    I cant say anything as it will drop the shopper in the doo doo! But how annoying, no one likes the Wispa ones in this house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Hmmm just cottoned on after looking at my previous grocery order for last friday that something was delivered that I didn't order. They must have tapped the skew number into the gun because it didn't arrive as a sub. I ordered 2 Flake yogurts & 2 mini eggs yogurts & got 2 Wispa yogurt & 2 mini eggs ones.
    I was thinking up until now that I ordered the wrong ones, until I just signed into my account & checked fridays delivery.
    I cant say anything as it will drop the shopper in the doo doo! But how annoying, no one likes the Wispa ones in this house.
    Blasphemy! Send them to me.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the next payday is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    Does anyone know when the next payday is?
    18th I think?

Yep next Friday. Woot
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :rofl: my saturday shift is so short i think i may as well put a gun to my head now

apparently i did 23 hours worth of work last friday. i think i need to stop doing them favours since they can't be arsed to do anything themselves. ie making 3 hours of work last 9 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gav008)
    The interview process has completly changed since '07.

Can someone help me please Im a Checkout Team Leader and next week I have my sign off test - I know they ask you relevant questions about youre department but what and Ive heard they ask you questions about other depts aswell!!!
    I only care about my dept, Ive done all the health & safety, food safety courses you name it ive done it but I didnt take it is as they werent really relevant to my dept.

What shall I do!

x
    I heard they ask you your MAC and MCM score.

ReputationRep:
    can you give me an idea of that a typical sainsburys interview now would consist of ?
    We arn't really allowed to go into details about job interviews as it is against the forum rules, but they use all the usual "obvious" questions, like who are we, what do we do, why us etc.

ReputationRep:
    I dont believe it, what's going on. Just had shopping delivered & again I have these darn Wispa yogurts that I didn't order! But this time I got those instead of Mini eggs ones! Last week it was instead of Flake ones. This week I got the flake ones fine. (I ordered 2 flake & 2 Mini eggs) So I am completely puzzled!???
    I will have to mention it at work tomorrow. Although I am going to feel really bad. But it might be a problem with the hand guns giving a random item!

ReputationRep:
    I've got my induction on Monday. Looking through other threads it seems that it is basically filling out forms and watching dvds. I'm working in a new store that opens in a months time and as far as i know, Sainsburys don't even have the keys to it yet. I wonder when i'll get to see it inside.

ReputationRep:
    A quick question;

If your store was to burn down, what would Sainsbury's do to those that are currently employed there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    A quick question;

If your store was to burn down, what would Sainsbury's do to those that are currently employed there?
    Contact all stores in the region to make them aware of the situation and ask if there are any vacancies or room to accomodate more staff (even if a store hasn't got the budget for more employees they'd probably be compensated). And then on an individual basis offer positions (as similar as possible to one they already have in job position and hours) to all effected employees at other branches close to the store that's burnt down (so that the staff are spread moreorless evenly over about 10-15 stores). Probably offer long term or short term unpaid leave and optional redundancies/early retirement to everyone too.

If the store is being rebuilt then offer them the opportunity to move back there after or they can stay at that present store if that branch can continue to accomodate them.

That was just a wild guess, but I'd imagine the procedures in place would be something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday a supervisor showed me the overtime book and basically was like which one do you wanna do. In a way that made it impossible for me to refuse pretty much. I picked tuesday afternoon, and they then asked me what else! I told them no Im not doing two!

So anyway, a while later I sudden remember my resit A2 Biology exam on wednesday morning, and realise that I need the afternoon to revise really!! So I tell the supervisor, she gets all funny saying oh well youll have to sort it out when you're next in because you have to do it now because its on the wall and the schedules. So on my way out I checked the wall and the schedules, it wasnt on either. So I crossed my name out in the overtime book, so hopefully someone else will take it.

Was that a really bad thing to do? Will I get in trouble for it? I just think its very wrong that they see our study leave as a chance to make us all work loads of overtime.

It wasn't a bad thing to do but don't do it too often. If you're not sure, you just need to be confident enough to say "no thanks" or say you aren't sure and you'll need to check when you are free. You are under NO obligation to accept any overtime at any time of the year; don't let them pressure you into thinking otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    A quick question;

Why, what are you planning? :eek: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    Why, what are you planning?
    Oh, I saw a news story a while back about a Waitrose store burning down and what they did for the staff, and I kept meaning to ask someone.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.