Turn on thread page Beta

Sainsburys thread MK ll watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisdf)
    Does Sainsburys pay extra for unsociable hours like some companies? Because the store is open until 8PM Mon-Wed and 9PM on Thursdays and Fridays. I am contracted to do 5:30-9:30 on a Friday night, so basically I can't really do anything on a Friday until October. :mad:
    Ahahahaha you are joking! Sainsburys does not pay any extra for anything, ever!
    You'll get used to it, I've been doing 5-9 and 6-10 on weds and fridays for nearly 2 years now, BY MYSELF You can still go out after!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Does Sainsburys pay extra for unsociable hours like some companies? Because the store is open until 8PM Mon-Wed and 9PM on Thursdays and Fridays. I am contracted to do 5:30-9:30 on a Friday night, so basically I can't really do anything on a Friday until October. :mad:
    I do 9pm til 7am on Thursday and Friday and 10pm til 8am on Saturday. That's my social life completely gone, so I'll swap you!! I get paid night shift premium (£1.50 I think) for all my hours so I assume it's something extra after 9pm, but I don't know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I do 9pm til 7am on Thursday and Friday and 10pm til 8am on Saturday. That's my social life completely gone, so I'll swap you!! I get paid night shift premium (£1.50 I think) for all my hours so I assume it's something extra after 9pm, but I don't know?

Oh god that's awful. :eek: They could space those shifts out a bit throughout the week, surely?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Oh god that's awful. :eek: They could space those shifts out a bit throughout the week, surely?
    I wish I would rather do 8 hour shifts but nah.

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished my induction. I now begin Till training at a store over 30 miles away from where our new store will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordOfTheIsles)
    Finally finished my induction. I now begin Till training at a store over 30 miles away from where our new store will be.
    My three day induction was all held at a store about 20 miles away from me. You can be reimbursed for travel expenses at the end of it though, took me a few weeks of persistant asking though.

ReputationRep:
    Does no one have any help for my question:???

The interview process has completly changed since '07.

Can someone help me please Im a Checkout Team Leader and next week I have my sign off test - I know they ask you relevant questions about youre department but what and Ive heard they ask you questions about other depts aswell!!!
    I only care about my dept, Ive done all the health & safety, food safety courses you name it ive done it but I didnt take it is as they werent really relevant to my dept.

What shall I do!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    First shift tonight Does anyone know when the next pay day is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.beth.x)
    Friday! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.beth.x)
    Payday is this Friday, but you probably won't get anything as the cut off date was last week.

ReputationRep:
    crap mortal kombat II in sainsburys? F**KKKK yesss lool

ReputationRep:
    I have a customer assistant nightshift interview coming up? They said it will be an hour long, what can I except? any tips would be great.

Thanks in advance!

(Original post by rafer88)
    I have a customer assistant nightshift interview coming up? They said it will be an hour long, what can I except? any tips would be great.

Thanks in advance!
    DVD and then a one-to-one interview from what I've heard.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, does anyone know what a GM Team Leaders responsibilities are? Like what's a typical day for a GM Team Leader?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    customer assistant on night shift? is your store 24 hours then? :woo:

We're getting a new starter tomorrow. They were sacked from a different supermarket...? I dunno, I just feel that is silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshliz)
    Hey guys, does anyone know what a GM Team Leaders responsibilities are? Like what's a typical day for a GM Team Leader?
    i'd love to answer this but i've never understood what my team leader does, it just seems like they do the rota and the das, but manages to leave one person on the department on a saturday.
    also, does not know much about the department or what goes on at the entertainment side. and of course makes her sound the boss in front of customers i'm dealing with by telling me what i already know and what to do that i would do anyways.

i imagine it would be like any other team leader; go to meetings, rota, das, general helping out on department, safe and sound, training, making department 'legal', read emails.

ReputationRep:

Um no... Usually just after 10pm because thats 'night'

ReputationRep:
    I've just applied Anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you???

Also... i have a 2 week holiday in august... will this count against me alot? Do they ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessikar)
    I've just applied Anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you???

Also... i have a 2 week holiday in august... will this count against me alot? Do they ask?
    It depends on the store. They took two days to reply to me but that was for a new store so normally they'll probably take longer.

During the interview, they should ask if you have any holidays booked. They say its not a problem but in reality i don't know how much it effects their decision (if at all). A friend of mine applied when they had holidays booked in the second week of training but they still got the job.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Paid And unbelievably its (almost) the right amount! :woo:

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.