Sainsburys thread MK ll watch

Announcements
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i just spent a lot of money :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview, got a text 20 mins ago

Would they normally do group interviews??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessikar)
    Got an interview, got a text 20 mins ago

Would they normally do group interviews??
    Usually you are in a group to watch the DVD. Then after the DVD you will have a one to one with usually a manager of a department.

ReputationRep:
    I completed my till training today. I loved it. Time goes quite fast and customers were great and really understanding. I'm working in BWS and i was told i'll be one of the first to be called to do check outs when busy. Will this happen often and so you just drop what youre doing in your department and go and get a key?

(Original post by LordOfTheIsles)
    I completed my till training today. I loved it. Time goes quite fast and customers were great and really understanding.
    Yeah, wait until the novelty wears off and you get a ***** of a customer to ruin your day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Yeah, wait until the novelty wears off and you get a ***** of a customer to ruin your day
    Ha! My trainer said she'll come and see me on Christmas Eve and see if i'm so calm then.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I was only with one other girl for the DVD test, and we were applying for different positions anyway.

Lol, work makes me laugh sometimes. Something unfortunate happened last night.

Oh and those little round pieces of card that are like "only £1!" or that "love tennis" thing... they are so sharp, I headbutted one accidentally and cut my head! What if that had been a customer?! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    If the position is only for 12 hours a week, how easy is it to get more hours???

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, i was wondering if anyone knew what happens if i didn't work my notice period? I'm still in my probation period, but over the 4 weeks, so i can't just leave without any notice. It states in my contract that after 4 weeks employment i must give 4 weeks notice....... I'm really not bothered about a reference, i was just trying to make a bit of money before going back to university. I was just wondering if there was any legal repercussions for breaking my contract? Thanks for any advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ariana123)
    Hi guys, i was wondering if anyone knew what happens if i didn't work my notice period? I'm still in my probation period, but over the 4 weeks, so i can't just leave without any notice. It states in my contract that after 4 weeks employment i must give 4 weeks notice....... I'm really not bothered about a reference, i was just trying to make a bit of money before going back to university. I was just wondering if there was any legal repercussions for breaking my contract? Thanks for any advice.
    alot of students just leave without handing in a notice. You'll just get a letter through the post asking you to attend a disiplinary action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessikar)
    If the position is only for 12 hours a week, how easy is it to get more hours???
    My job was advertised as 12 hours, I said I would like another 4 hours, & got them. They altered my contract during inductions, even though my manager said we can leave it as 12 & just do it as overtime. Glad they did sort the contract then because a couple of months later they cut overtime lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordOfTheIsles)
    I completed my till training today. I loved it. Time goes quite fast and customers were great and really understanding. I'm working in BWS and i was told i'll be one of the first to be called to do check outs when busy. Will this happen often and so you just drop what youre doing in your department and go and get a key?
    Pretty much yes, but when we do the call outs for "All till trained collegues to checkouts" nobody usually comes 8-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Pretty much yes, but when we do the call outs for "All till trained collegues to checkouts" nobody usually comes 8-)
    Add the words "Second Call" and you get a better response, or get the store manager to do it, and everyone comes running! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    ahahahhah this happens loads of times every evening i'm in, nobody ever seems to do anything, at least i'm not till trained :woo:

but still, by far, the funniest thing is "code 10 to the front entrance" because all the managers sprint to the front of the store as someone has tried to run away with a full trolley.....

I've never been in the store when a security code gets tannoyed. I guess 6am is too early for most chavs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    I've never been in the store when a security code gets tannoyed. I guess 6am is too early for most chavs.
    Only code i've ever heard was a code 99 when we where closing and someone didn't like it and decided to pin up the security guard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Add the words "Second Call" and you get a better response, or get the store manager to do it, and everyone comes running! haha
    I'll try that today!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i don't pay any attention to the tannoys, can't hear em!

hate it when managers expect you to do a lot of work yet they barely do any.

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

Does anyone have any knowledge of working as an administration assistant? After my brief stint as a checkout person I'm thinking about applying again.

The schedule is pretty much overnight (7pm to 5am). I'm wondering what sort of stuff it'd involve since the description is a bit vague.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by PJ991)
    Hi.

Does anyone have any knowledge of working as an administration assistant? After my brief stint as a checkout person I'm thinking about applying again.

The schedule is pretty much overnight (7pm to 5am). I'm wondering what sort of stuff it'd involve since the description is a bit vague.
    I've never heard of admin assistants being in overnight, all ours are during the day! The only people in after 11pm are the night shift :woo:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.