Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    A memo was passed around to your managers where they are able to accommodate those that want to watch football, can do so, as long as that person isn't absolutely required. You'll have to make it up elsewhere though.
    Oh right thats sounds alright then. I don't expect to watch all of it. However the stores closes at 4 so would like to think I could see the 2nd half. We shall see.

Haha at the cameras, dunno if the ones in our store are anywhere near the checkouts!

ReputationRep:
    Thought this list might be useful to those of us on checkouts. (All numbers definitely valid in Sainsburys)

Fruit

Bananas 3223 or 4011
    Tangerines 4450
    Satsumas 3029
    Limes 7665
    Lemons 994
    Oranges 659
    White Grapes 2370
    Red Grapes 2424
    Tomatoes 3151 or 4063

Apples

Braeburn 4101
    Bramley 4210
    Pink Lady 4128
    Basics 4747
    Cox 4105
    Royal Gala 4173
    Empire 4124
    Granny Smith 4139
    Golden Delicious 4021

Squash

Butternut Squash 6156
    Butternut Squash Organic 5678
    Coquina Squash 1571

Pears

Conference 3017
    Rocha 3024
    Comice 4414
    Taste the Difference 4002
    Forelle 4418
    Packham 4421

Potato

Baking 1212
    New 895
    Sweet 4091

Grapefruit

White 4294
    Pink 4027
    Red 4288

Punnets

Peach 2523
    Nectarine 8648
    Plum 1035025

Peppers

Red 1601
    Yellow 789
    Orange 1816
    Green 1908

Less Common Fruit

Red Plum 8020
    Apricots 4218
    Kiwi 4030
    Cherries 8099

Vegetables

Broccoli 7023 or 3082
    Onion 4665
    Red Onion 4082
    Beef Tomato 3061
    White Cabbage 7092
    Red Cabbage 7054
    Spring Onion 1373
    Parsnip 4672
    Carrots 4562
    Cauliflower 758
    Red Cauliflower 4568
    Fennel 5135
    Courgettes 4067
    Marrow 3124
    Med Avocado 7658
    Large Avocado 6828
    Celeriac 7016
    Ginger 4612
    Leek 4629
    Cucumber (the 78p one!) 395113
    Peas (loose) 2189

Other

Mushroom 7306
    Garlic 6118

Finally...

Misc Bakery Item (Any Price) 4113
    Misc Newspaper (Any Price) 8280

Please add any more you know!

ReputationRep:
    have you memorised them all??:eek: I remembered oranges and peppers, but everything else I had no idea. And going into the PLU menu never seemed to take too long, but my scales never responded the first time.

ReputationRep:
    I have a list, but I know off the top of my head the 20-25 most common ones. I couldn't cope with having to use the menus all the time! Some of the fruit are easy as they have the number on the stickers...though I know a fair few of them through using them so often anyway.

ReputationRep:
    some interesting sainsbury's news for you guys
    World’s first supermarket beekeeper starts work at Sainsbury’s
    Supermarkets can offer a wide variety of careers, from retail management to food technology, to engineering. However, Sainsbury's is about to increase the repertoire of jobs available as it recruits retail's first ever beekeeper.
    Bee expert Robin Dean, has been recruited to set up and then maintain a network of ‘bee hotels' at 38 stores across London, as the company aims to help the UK's dwindling population of solitary bees. The initiative is part of the company's ‘Respect for the Environment' programme.
    will put off people with apiphobia from shopping there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otu1987)
    Misc Bakery Item (Any Price) 4113!
    On the receipt that comes up as Misc Grocery. We tend to use it when self service decides to be naughty and stop working.

ReputationRep:
    I have a list, but I know off the top of my head the 20-25 most common ones. I couldn't cope with having to use the menus all the time! Some of the fruit are easy as they have the number on the stickers...though I know a fair few of them through using them so often anyway.
    I can't tell the difference between the apples or w/e, but when I see the colour of the label I know the number off the top of my head.

7092 is white cabbage.

I have something telling me that 1903 is lottery for the Kiosk (Although you can use it at any till *nod) -shrug-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    some interesting sainsbury's news for you guys

will put off people with apiphobia from shopping there
    I will actually seriously consider quitting if they did that in my store. I hate bee's and I am petrified of them:mad::mad::mad:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=Oo-3H7J5row&feature=watch_response 8-)

ReputationRep:
    On the receipt that comes up as Misc Grocery. We tend to use it when self service decides to be naughty and stop working.
    Hmm, doesn't it say Misc ISB II ? Thats what our receipts say for 4113 (where ISB = In-Store Bakery)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=Oo-3H7J5row&feature=watch_response 8-)
    Wow... that's pretty catchy, lets hope Sainsbury's doesn't get hold of it and start playing it down the loudspeaker! haha

and... good list of plu's! We have a list of numbers for most common things stuck on every till, but when we get our new ones, they won't fit on there. It really did help with productivity (so it seemed!)

ReputationRep:
    It's bad enough being stuck on the till beside the self checkout!

*Prays he isn't there on next shift..*

ReputationRep:
    It's bad enough being stuck on the till beside the self checkout!

*Prays he isn't there on next shift..*
    Have you swiped your nectar card?? :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I got another job interview elsewhere, but I think even if I got it I'd have to stay at Sburys cos it isn't enough hours. Blah?

ReputationRep:
    Thought this list might be useful to those of us on checkouts. (All numbers definitely valid in Sainsburys)
    3107 also works for oranges.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for using, thank you for using...

You've done it now!! :woo:

Agree about the bee thing I think they're **** scary are bees, I actually had one in store the other week juuuuust casually paying a little visit to my till! Stupid thing. Only reason I didn't go nuts and kill it is cos it was a honey bee!!

Uhmmm so yeah I won't be at Sainsbury's for much longer!! Just don't know when I'm handing in my notice (but I actually will do that, because I don't dislike anyone who works there and the current checkout manager has only just started on checkouts, wouldn't like to leave her with bad taste she seems nice!)
    :p:

FINALLYY!! Looks like I'll be doomed to work in Coles instead... lol

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, doesn't it say Misc ISB II ? Thats what our receipts say for 4113 (where ISB = In-Store Bakery)
    Oh so it does. I take back w/e I said.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I want to ask about dropping a day from my contract but I don't know how to go about it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I want to ask about dropping a day from my contract but I don't know how to go about it...
    Go and speak to HR is probably best..which day is it?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Go and speak to HR is probably best..which day is it?
    The day nobody wants to do. :awesome: But I can't help it really.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.