Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    We have one of them too :yes: Its amezin.

Haha, they have been telling us for a while now, im sure all our weekend staff know.

Im not sure if everywhere is doing it, it is a national thing though, dress up in like beach wear because of some promotion on BBQs.
    Our store is doing a summer dress theme >_<

I would be glad to be working on the shop floor though and not getting harrased by customers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Don't be a snitch!
    Thing is though, he should have checked. If I lose my job over it (Which is unlikely), I will follow it up to ensure that someone follows up his negligence in checking there where 13 money bags.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Our store is doing a summer dress theme >_<

I would be glad to be working on the shop floor though and not getting harrased by customers.
    Yep, this is what im looking forward too. And getting strange looks when pulling roll cages through the shop in my own cloths. Its like being in school!!:yes:

ReputationRep:
    I have a stalker and it's quite worrying.
    I got an email from a 50 year old saying:
    "I can't tell you what I would love to do to you every time I see you working in Sainsburys"
    Don't want to go to work now

ReputationRep:
    ...and once again I'm not in the loop. Good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wannabe)
    "I can't tell you what I would love to do to you every time I see you working in Sainsburys"
    If it bothers you, tell someone... :cool:

That's not good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSJ)
    lulz
    ^^
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I would be cracking up if I received that. I've received a fair few friend requests on Facebook from customers I regularly . Needless to say i've rejected them all.

But yeh, report it to your line manager and show them that email.

How did they get your email?

Sure it isn't someone just winding you up?
    How would they get your email?

Let someone know about it if it worries you though.

ReputationRep:
    dress up in summer clothes here for me too, looks like its happening everywhere, thought it was just the Saturday, but its tomorrow too.
    anyone else get scared that they may go up in non uniform on the wrong day? i'm in at 7am tomorrow and gonna feel wierd if i don't see night shift in their own clothes, i'll feel like 'i hope someone in non uniform comes in shortly'.

what counts as summer clothes, i'm just wearing shorts and a bright t-shirt, no hawaii shirts for me. shame no flip flops allowed though

what kind of promotion is on the BBQs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    ^^
    :rolleyes:
    you know its the most useful comment on this thread :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSJ)
    you know its the most useful comment on this thread :p:
    :yes: just 3 letters say soooo much

ReputationRep:
    looking forward to the summer theme tomorrow.

i'm the greeter for both days at my store, dunno how its gonna work though, because we sold out of BBQs today lol

ReputationRep:
    sorry if anyone has said, but whats the offer for BBQ's?
    i saw some beach bucket bbq's on my way out last week...

ReputationRep:
    Anyonw know the sick policy please? Still on probation..

ReputationRep:
    Tell a manager. NOW.

Have they been doing anything else besides the emails? If there's more maybe a word from the police would go down well.

ReputationRep:
    they aren't going to be like proper strict on the summer theme are they?
    I was just going to wear normal clothes...

I'm not sure quite how I would react to that. I only have one main email address however, so I would have first thought it would have been a friend messing around..

But like others have said, please do let someone (outside of this forum) know. I know I'm perhaps thinking too much in to this, but we don't know what sort of individuals we are living with, and what obscene fetishes some have. So if only for personal security, report this to your manager, or a colleague you can confide in at work. So if there happens to be anyone oddly asking around for you, it can be monitored. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by questionsquestions)
    Anyonw know the sick policy please? Still on probation..

you don't get paid sick pay im afraid

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if you still get given something when you serve a mystery customer on a till and get 100%? One of the supervisors tonight told me I did late last month but I didn't get a chance to ask more about it because I was serving customers at the time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.