The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

4 new starters this month and 2 have left already!
Jessikar
Apparentely it's not the interviewer who chooses, its HR people.

Don't get how this would work? I mean the interviewer didn't write down everything I said so HR wouldn't know anything apart from test answers which defeats the point of me having a one-to-one interview, doesn't it?
RogueTrombonist
Don't get how this would work? I mean the interviewer didn't write down everything I said so HR wouldn't know anything apart from test answers which defeats the point of me having a one-to-one interview, doesn't it?

I don't know. It was just something i read on here a few days ago. Sorry:h:
Reply 5183
RogueTrombonist

The interviewer probably filled in a form after you left. When I did my interview, another person sat behind filling it in as I went.

But the tests play an important part I was told by my HR manager in the selection.
PJ991
The interviewer probably filled in a form after you left. When I did my interview, another person sat behind filling it in as I went.

But the tests play an important part I was told by my HR manager in the selection.

Hope he did! I think I made some good points in my interview which I hope get noted rather than just my test score. I got nervous in that and don't know how well I did :frown:
Can anyone tell me... when you apply for a job, does the rejection email get sent on day you apply or when the vacancy is taken off?
Reply 5186
Jessikar
Can anyone tell me... when you apply for a job, does the rejection email get sent on day you apply or when the vacancy is taken off?

if you're rejected because you fail the test, then it'll come quite soon, otherwise, I dunno.
PJ991
if you're rejected because you fail the test, then it'll come quite soon, otherwise, I dunno.

I meant the online test one!

But thankyou :smile:
Reply 5188
Jessikar
I meant the online test one!

But thankyou :smile:

that's the test I meant.
Finally, some vacancies have appeared online! :biggrin:
Reply 5190
ive been looking for vacancies in edinburgh for months and there are none. dont believe that for one second! grr
Reply 5191
inksplodge
4 new starters this month and 2 have left already!

Doesn't surprise me. It's a **** company to work for.
otu1987
Doesn't surprise me. It's a **** company to work for.

It's mainly cos they hated night shift. "Too much work" they said. Er, what? They hadn't seen anything yet!
Aaah I no longer work for Sainsbury's (worked there for a few months in 2008) but am now in the process of applying for new jobs.

Who do I put as a reference for Sainsbury's? My potential new employer wants a name and address/number but I don't know whether to put the store manage or what?

Any help would be massively appreciated!
raisin.
Aaah I no longer work for Sainsbury's (worked there for a few months in 2008) but am now in the process of applying for new jobs.

Who do I put as a reference for Sainsbury's? My potential new employer wants a name and address/number but I don't know whether to put the store manage or what?

Whoever was your line manager, I guess. I personally am putting down a team leader :dontknow:
raisin.

I'm on checkouts so I always put the customer service manager. So, your department manager, I guess? Maybe line manager could work too. I don't know about you but I don't have any interaction with the store manager. In fact, we got a new one a couple of weeks ago and I have no idea who he is.
I got an email this morning telling me to ring Sainsbury's HR to arrange an interview. All seems a bit quick, I only filled out the online application form at about 9pm last night!

I applied to do part-time evenings, but will be starting a gliding scholarship from the 10 July which takes place over 4-8 weekends... Would any chance of a job suffer because of that?
Yeah! :biggrin: Interview arranged for Tuesday. What should I wear? Suit, or just jeans + shirt?
Reply 5198
Blighty Andy
I got an email this morning telling me to ring Sainsbury's HR to arrange an interview. All seems a bit quick, I only filled out the online application form at about 9pm last night!

I applied to do part-time evenings, but will be starting a gliding scholarship from the 10 July which takes place over 4-8 weekends... Would any chance of a job suffer because of that?

I wouldn't think so, Sainsbury's try to be flexible. Just give them some notice.
Reply 5199
Blighty Andy
Yeah! :biggrin: Interview arranged for Tuesday. What should I wear? Suit, or just jeans + shirt?

Smart / smart-casual should be fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending