Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is ridiculous.

I only had my interview yesterday but already the wait is killing me, everytime my phone goes I jump and get disappointed when it's not sainsburys! I'm also constantly refreshing emails and yeah, just being generally impatient.

I'm also constantly going over the interview in my head, what I should have said, what he was thinking, I woke up thinking about it this morning!

I just really really want the job - perfect hours, location, pay argh if I don't get it I will be so disappointed.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Flexible? LOL. Our dept is not flexible atm. People are being told they HAVE to do certain hours which aren't convenient for them etc. I was put in for overtime when I specifically said NO so I'm expecting a disciplinary tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Flexible? LOL. Our dept is not flexible atm. People are being told they HAVE to do certain hours which aren't convenient for them etc. I was put in for overtime when I specifically said NO so I'm expecting a disciplinary tonight.
    Join a trade union! :p:

Nah, I hate trade unions, but if I could do extra hours I would. However, if I really couldn't then I would talk to the most friendly Snr. or point out it's not in my contract to work those hours... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm at university (currently summer break), I've applied for a part time job at Sainsburys.

How likely would it be for me to increase my hours during the summer (since I've got nothing else on)? Should I speak to the interviewer about increasing my hours or would this be a bad move?

Also, as I'll be at university (which is about 150 miles away) in September, would it be possible for Sainsburys to transfer me to the local Sainsburys near my university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshilini)
    Because I'm at university (currently summer break), I've applied for a part time job at Sainsburys.

How likely would it be for me to increase my hours during the summer (since I've got nothing else on)? Should I speak to the interviewer about increasing my hours or would this be a bad move?

Also, as I'll be at university (which is about 150 miles away) in September, would it be possible for Sainsburys to transfer me to the local Sainsburys near my university?
    Both answers will probabally be yes, but for the last one, the other store will need a job opening.

ReputationRep:
    Got the job!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Congrats Which dept are you on?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Which dept are you on?
    Well I'm a general assistant and that's all I know so far and thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've applied online and I've been given an interview date, do I need to take references along or do they get them from the people I added as references on there recruitment website.

Sam
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by berwick53)
    Hi I've applied online and I've been given an interview date, do I need to take references along or do they get them from the people I added as references on there recruitment website.

Sam
    They will ask you to confirm the references you've put down on the form at interview, you don't have to take them along. In my experience they didn't even contact them lol

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview tomorrow morning. Any last minute tips anyone???

Also this is my first interview so I'm not sure what to wear. I know it has to be smart but are we talking a full suit, or shirt and tie? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogueTrombonist)
    Well I'm a general assistant and that's all I know so far and thank you
    which newcastle store you in

(Original post by cashfield777)
    Also this is my first interview so I'm not sure what to wear. I know it has to be smart but are we talking a full suit, or shirt and tie? Thanks.
    I went for mine in shirt and tie, no suit jacket but I suppose it's up to you really. can't give interview advice as my interview was not even an interview more of a chat but that was 2 years ago and i believe a lot has changed since

ReputationRep:
    They will ask you to confirm the references you've put down on the form at interview, you don't have to take them along. In my experience they didn't even contact them lol
    Basically :p:

I applied August 08.
    Had the interview in September 08.
    Got the job in early October 08.
    Started late October 08.
    Went to Australia in December 08.
    Got back in January 09
    Had a letter that said my temporary contract had expired (despite my permanent contract)
    Got my job back...
    Went back to visit my old school... teacher "We've just had a request for your references through for Sainsbury's, how long have you been there?"

L-O-L!

Now it's July 2010 and I'm leaving Sainsbury's in 3 weeks time :yep:

Much to the disappointment of our new manager of course :p:

Duty manager wants me to cut my hair. I said "No... I have no money and I'm leaving soon" heh heh heh

I really need a reference from Sainsbury's. Who do I ask and what sort of things do their references generally include?

ReputationRep:
    If you work there do you get an employee discount?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berwick53)
    If you work there do you get an employee discount?
    Yes after 6 months i believe. You don't get it on temporary i know that.

ReputationRep:
    Just a bit confused about asking for ID if there's groups of people. A young looking girl was on my till a few days ago, I asked for ID and she had it, so no problems. Her Mum was on the next till with a boy of around 18,19. They all knew each other and the boy came over and talked with her after she'd paid for the goods (think it was her BF). Surely I wouldn't need to ID the boy in that situation as she'd already paid/or was in the process of doing so.

Also if you were to be caught what would actually happen, I've heard stories about going to court etc.

(Original post by GingerPele)
    Just a bit confused about asking for ID if there's groups of people. A young looking girl was on my till a few days ago, I asked for ID and she had it, so no problems. Her Mum was on the next till with a boy of around 18,19. They all knew each other and the boy came over and talked with her after she'd paid for the goods (think it was her BF). Surely I wouldn't need to ID the boy in that situation as she'd already paid/or was in the process of doing so.

Also if you were to be caught what would actually happen, I've heard stories about going to court etc.
    If he was 18/19, there's nothing the law can do because he wasn't underage.

ReputationRep:
    When's the next payday? I've just started at sainsbury's after about a year away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeesKnees)
    When's the next payday? I've just started at sainsbury's after about a year away!
    Last Friday of every month. So 30th July.

(Original post by PJ991)
    Last Friday of every month. So 30th July.
    It's fourweekly. Next payday is 16th July.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.