Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I put Sainsbury's :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when Sainsbury's start recruiting for full time people when people are leaving for Uni and that? Is is more July/August/September???
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Jessikar)
    Does anyone know when Sainsbury's start recruiting for full time people when people are leaving for Uni and that? Is is more July/August/September???
    They don't always recruit. Apparently they won't be replacing any of the people that are leaving us :woo:

ReputationRep:
    im going away at xmas, 19th-26th. I know i can't get it off as holiday.. no chance however if i just had it off would it not go down as one absense even though it's like 4 days?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    ask to have it off as unpaid holiday

(Original post by odriscoll)
    What would you say is the better job between produce and deli?
    Produce. While it involves heavy lifting you are more left to do your own work, and if you have good workmates it can be a right laugh. Deli is pretty dull (you're either constantly dealing with customers or cleaning) and you only need one annoying person in your department to ruin your day.

ReputationRep:
    I got switched from deli to produce at my induction since the lad who applied for produce was only 17, I'm happy with it as I like the look of produce more.

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take for HR to tell you that you failed the test?

Plus I applied for Online Shopper role, can anyone tell me from experience about what the job is like.

I applied about two days ago and the job was taken off soon as I finished, when will they get in touch if applicable?

Cheers

(Original post by generaldonado)
    Plus I applied for Online Shopper role, can anyone tell me from experience about what the job is like.
    You walk around with a scanner and a trolley putting products in boxes. It's easy work, the only difficult thing is getting used to the early starts. After than it's plain sailing. I've been doing it for 2 years while at university now.

ReputationRep:
    thankyou mug51! i understand much better now

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or can i not find ANY vacancies on the webste at all. I have tried lots of different roles in about 10 stores that I can get to. Am i doing something wrong??

(Original post by nothingstrange)
    Is it just me, or can i not find ANY vacancies on the webste at all. I have tried lots of different roles in about 10 stores that I can get to. Am i doing something wrong??
    No, there just aren't spaces at the moment. The ones that are posted are probably being snapped up very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take for Sainsburys to call you for an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    You walk around with a scanner and a trolley putting products in boxes. It's easy work, the only difficult thing is getting used to the early starts. After than it's plain sailing. I've been doing it for 2 years while at university now.
    Sounds pretty good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generaldonado)
    How long does it take for Sainsburys to call you for an interview
    Depends on how organised the store is, I was invited the following morning to mine but other on here had to wait a couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    hi sainsbury's guys! Does anyone know is it possible to get a transfer from one Sainsbury's store to another in different city? And if yes, how does it work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armando)
    hi sainsbury's guys! Does anyone know is it possible to get a transfer from one Sainsbury's store to another in different city? And if yes, how does it work?
    Yes you can. You will need to go to your HR dept and request a transfer stating the store you would like to transfer to. They will then call that store and ask if they would be able to take you. They will then arrange dates for you to transfer over if they can take you. However, you may not be placed on the same dept you're on now.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it would be ok if I wore my own pants instead of the ones Sainsburys supply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odriscoll)
    Do you think it would be ok if I wore my own pants instead of the ones Sainsburys supply?
    I do, no one can tell the difference.

ReputationRep:
    Had my first day of induction yesterday and I got 2 polos (which feel really big :o: ) and the other stuff is being ordered. I have till training tomorrow and was wondering what I should wear. Since I haven't got the 'work' trousers, do I just wear normal black trousers and black shoes?
    Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.