The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5400
Something ridiculous like £4.84. It's slavery really.
Reply 5401
stuff that haha might try to get a job somewhere else then, hope they dont realise this mistake, well anyways induction tommroow 9-6 for 2 days, do i get a lunch break on my induction ?
Reply 5402
Yeah, it should be an hour's unpaid lunch, but you'll get a paid break as well.
Jaymay
ahhh gay, whats the pay for a band 2 guy whos 16 then?

Well it depends where you are, I get paid 5.43.
Reply 5404
FXX
Yeah, it should be an hour's unpaid lunch, but you'll get a paid break as well.

And if your lucky a few more as well. My induction was fairly laid back.
Reply 5405
Hi,

Just want to say a quick thanks to this thread, it's been incredibly useful to refer too during my application to Sainsburys.

Steve
i get two paid 30 min breaks:awesome:
About the 8hr working break thing ... I work 11.15 - 7.15 (8 Hours) and I get a paid half hour break around 3 o clock.

Had my self scan training to be an attendent on tuesday. Pretty sure i've forgotten most of it already :\ And i just know they'll put me on for my first time tomorrow :\ scaaaaared :frown: Its mainly the when the lights are red how to fix things etc.
Had my first day today on produce, I really like it and I didn't get bored at any point which was quite surprising since I'm always bored haha. Just waiting for my shoes now as the ones I have kill my feet, 8 hours of walking around was horrible haha.
what shoes? safety ones? they're rock hard, i refuse to wear mine because a. they've already been worn by someone else and b. they're so uncomfortable, really hard to do the aisles i have to do in them
I'm really struggling here to make a decision. I know we're not supposed to talk about Painsburys on line, but I dont know what to do, & I need to have ideas by monday!
Our dept needs everyone who starts after 7am to change their hours.
Do I go with the flow & start work at 4am, & finish at 8am, OR start at 5am, stop at 7am, start again at 9am & finish at 11am (manager has suggested something like this due to my other commitments) OR change departments & stay with my 9-1pm?
I love the dept I am on. And the thought of changing fills me with dread to be honest.
Will I learn to work the checkouts? Are they difficult?
What's the matter with the world these days, people seem to have their job sorted, & work darn hard at it, yet change still happens & turns everything upside down. Makes you wonder why you bother at times...
Reply 5411
We have quite a few people who do the 4am-8am shift so they can go home to deal with their kids.
They must feel like the wreck of the hesbras half the time, I cant imagine getting up at 3am! :redface:(
(I already get up at 4am saturdays to start at 5.30 & the same during school holidays) just not sure what it's like 4 days a week permenantly.
Reply 5413
Spazzycazzy
They must feel like the wreck of the hesbras half the time, I cant imagine getting up at 3am! :redface:(
(I already get up at 4am saturdays to start at 5.30 & the same during school holidays) just not sure what it's like 4 days a week permenantly.

Pack your bags, your off to checkouts! :woo:
What prevents you from doing 4am-8am, or is it just the early mornings? I'm sure you'd get used to it :yep: why don't you try it out and if it doesn't work ask if you can try the other option? Just try things out- leave switching departments as a last resort.
Jaymay
ahhh gay, whats the pay for a band 2 guy whos 16 then?

when i was 16 i got £4.60
i'm 17 now and get £4.90
Your pay does go up after 6 months though :yep:
inksplodge
What prevents you from doing 4am-8am, or is it just the early mornings? I'm sure you'd get used to it :yep: why don't you try it out and if it doesn't work ask if you can try the other option? Just try things out- leave switching departments as a last resort.

I guess. I can just see it being a right headache to be honest. I have to drive my kids 5 miles to school, leaving home at 8.15, I can see them taking advantage, me getting home & one of them not even dressed saying 'I dont feel well blah blah blah'
Will be nothing I can do with 10 minutes to spare. I just have visions of it being a right nightmare lol
I have my 12 week review thing tommorow, can anyone tell me what to expect? Is there a test?
no test, they just basically tell you to sign things and say youre happy etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending