Turn on thread page Beta

Something ridiculous like £4.84. It's slavery really.

ReputationRep:
    stuff that haha might try to get a job somewhere else then, hope they dont realise this mistake, well anyways induction tommroow 9-6 for 2 days, do i get a lunch break on my induction ?

Yeah, it should be an hour's unpaid lunch, but you'll get a paid break as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaymay)
    ahhh gay, whats the pay for a band 2 guy whos 16 then?
    Well it depends where you are, I get paid 5.43.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Yeah, it should be an hour's unpaid lunch, but you'll get a paid break as well.
    And if your lucky a few more as well. My induction was fairly laid back.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Just want to say a quick thanks to this thread, it's been incredibly useful to refer too during my application to Sainsburys.

Steve
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i get two paid 30 min breaks:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    About the 8hr working break thing ... I work 11.15 - 7.15 (8 Hours) and I get a paid half hour break around 3 o clock.

Had my self scan training to be an attendent on tuesday. Pretty sure i've forgotten most of it already :\ And i just know they'll put me on for my first time tomorrow :\ scaaaaared Its mainly the when the lights are red how to fix things etc.

ReputationRep:
    Had my first day today on produce, I really like it and I didn't get bored at any point which was quite surprising since I'm always bored haha. Just waiting for my shoes now as the ones I have kill my feet, 8 hours of walking around was horrible haha.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    what shoes? safety ones? they're rock hard, i refuse to wear mine because a. they've already been worn by someone else and b. they're so uncomfortable, really hard to do the aisles i have to do in them

ReputationRep:
    I'm really struggling here to make a decision. I know we're not supposed to talk about Painsburys on line, but I dont know what to do, & I need to have ideas by monday!
    Our dept needs everyone who starts after 7am to change their hours.
    Do I go with the flow & start work at 4am, & finish at 8am, OR start at 5am, stop at 7am, start again at 9am & finish at 11am (manager has suggested something like this due to my other commitments) OR change departments & stay with my 9-1pm?
    I love the dept I am on. And the thought of changing fills me with dread to be honest.
    Will I learn to work the checkouts? Are they difficult?
    What's the matter with the world these days, people seem to have their job sorted, & work darn hard at it, yet change still happens & turns everything upside down. Makes you wonder why you bother at times...

We have quite a few people who do the 4am-8am shift so they can go home to deal with their kids.

ReputationRep:
    They must feel like the wreck of the hesbras half the time, I cant imagine getting up at 3am! (
    (I already get up at 4am saturdays to start at 5.30 & the same during school holidays) just not sure what it's like 4 days a week permenantly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    They must feel like the wreck of the hesbras half the time, I cant imagine getting up at 3am! (
    (I already get up at 4am saturdays to start at 5.30 & the same during school holidays) just not sure what it's like 4 days a week permenantly.
    Pack your bags, your off to checkouts! :woo:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    What prevents you from doing 4am-8am, or is it just the early mornings? I'm sure you'd get used to it :yep: why don't you try it out and if it doesn't work ask if you can try the other option? Just try things out- leave switching departments as a last resort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaymay)
    ahhh gay, whats the pay for a band 2 guy whos 16 then?
    when i was 16 i got £4.60
    i'm 17 now and get £4.90
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Your pay does go up after 6 months though :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    What prevents you from doing 4am-8am, or is it just the early mornings? I'm sure you'd get used to it :yep: why don't you try it out and if it doesn't work ask if you can try the other option? Just try things out- leave switching departments as a last resort.
    I guess. I can just see it being a right headache to be honest. I have to drive my kids 5 miles to school, leaving home at 8.15, I can see them taking advantage, me getting home & one of them not even dressed saying 'I dont feel well blah blah blah'
    Will be nothing I can do with 10 minutes to spare. I just have visions of it being a right nightmare lol

ReputationRep:
    I have my 12 week review thing tommorow, can anyone tell me what to expect? Is there a test?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    no test, they just basically tell you to sign things and say youre happy etc.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.