Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been there 2 years in November & I have NEVER had a review! Until monday when she wanted to discuss the hour changes. Crazy huh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    I have my 12 week review thing tommorow, can anyone tell me what to expect? Is there a test?
    On my 12 week review, my manager said something along the lines of "Lets get you trained up to be a supervisor". Pretty good for a newbie?

I have a 3 day training course from Monday. I have to also work on Tuesday. So 9 hours training and another 6 hours working - YAY FOR A 15 HOUR SHIFT >

May have to beg my manager to let me have the night off

ReputationRep:
    I passed the online test for a team leader role called up the recruitment line and they said the store hadnt put up any interview dates and they would contact me when they did. Its been four days and still nothing is there something dodgy about this?

ReputationRep:
    I aways thought they trained team leaders from staff they already had???

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys me again, got my interview coming up.

Just wondering if I should wear my business suit to the interview. I feel I might be overdressed? but I really do want to make a good first impression.

Secondly, how much people do Sainsburys interview for one job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5teve)
    Hi,

Just want to say a quick thanks to this thread, it's been incredibly useful to refer too during my application to Sainsburys.

Steve
    Same here mate.

(Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    I aways thought they trained team leaders from staff they already had???
    Not necessarily. There are quite a few ways to get a team leader job.

ReputationRep:
    any ideas guys?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i think they ask internally a lot of the time- that's what they've done in my store, hiring a new TL for nights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niketpatel71)
    any ideas guys?
    Nothing dodgy, they might just have a lot to process at the moment, ring up in a few days if you're concerned but you'll probably hear from them soon.

ReputationRep:

Just wondering if I should wear my business suit to the interview. I feel I might be overdressed? but I really do want to make a good first impression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generaldonado)

Dress whatever you feel comfortable in but i think a business suit may be a bit formal for a job in a supermarket unless its a managerial position. For my interview, i wore a shirt and tie but a another guy at my interview (there for another position) had just a black shirt and no tie and he got the job. Just look smart and presentable.

For your second question, i think they select 3 people who pass the online questionaire and then take the job off the website. So i'm inclinded to say 3. But they might not be there at the same time as you. There were 3 people at my interview, all going for different jobs, although it was a new store opening so they had lots of vacancies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordOfTheIsles)
    Dress whatever you feel comfortable in but i think a business suit may be a bit formal for a job in a supermarket unless its a managerial position. For my interview, i wore a shirt and tie but a another guy at my interview (there for another position) had just a black shirt and no tie and he got the job. Just look smart and presentable.

For your second question, i think they select 3 people who pass the online questionaire and then take the job off the website. So i'm inclinded to say 3. But they might not be there at the same time as you. There were 3 people at my interview, all going for different jobs, although it was a new store opening so they had lots of vacancies.
    Thank you for the response, I will take this on board.

ReputationRep:
    Used to be 2 per position, then they whipped it off the web site.
    If you get as far as the interview though, you're in with a good chance. Just make sure you have your proof of right to work in the Uk. If you dont have that, they can terminate the interview on the spot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Used to be 2 per position, then they whipped it off the web site.
    If you get as far as the interview though, you're in with a good chance. Just make sure you have your proof of right to work in the Uk. If you dont have that, they can terminate the interview on the spot.
    Thanks mate, I have all the proof so fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question about what to wear for my induction. The woman on the phone said not to wear jeans. What did you guys wear? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5teve)
    Just a quick question about what to wear for my induction. The woman on the phone said not to wear jeans. What did you guys wear? Thanks in advance
    I wore a shirt and trousers.

Some people wore jeans during my induction.

You'll probabally get your uniform on te first day of induction anyway. Just go in what you want, and pretend the man on the phone didn't tell you to not to wear jeans.

ReputationRep:
    I wore jeans a polo the first day and jeans and a t-shirt the second, 2 other lads wore pants shoes and a polo and one lad wore shirt pants and a tie.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    we might be getting another new starter soon, yay!

Hi new Sainsbury's employees!

/wave!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.