Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by generaldonado)
    Most Groceries Online Shopper roles I see is only for 12 hours. Is it possible to increase these hours??
    Yes. They prefer to give everyone 12 so that there is more flexibility when they need extra hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asriel)
    Hmm. When you do a duplicate receipt it all comes up on the screen like a saved transaction. Would this boost your IPM too?
    Initial guess would be no because it is not "new" items going onto the screen, as it is not getting paid for.

I look forward to the little test that ohno is going to do ^_^

ReputationRep:
    13 hour day today.... aaarrrgghhh!!!
    If i remember I'll do that test today
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    all our new starters have been given 20 hour contracts, the last person to get a full contract was when i started (not me though)

ReputationRep:
    I just had an interview, not sure it went that brilliantly but it was an experience! Everyone was very nice and I didn't feel under pressure much but i'm just not very good at thinking of good answers to the generic interview questions. They asked me what I knew about sainsburys, i was like erm, it's a very large store which is part of the FTSE 100. :facepalm: But yeah, i forgot to ask when they'd get back to me. When is it usually?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have sucessfully been contracted as a Customer Services Assistant for 16 hours per week. I recently completed my induction day, and had a few questions I hoped you guys would be able to answer for me:

1. Are the tills easy to get used to, and I'm talking more of the advanced features (lol) such as lottery tickets etc.?

1. How well and how thoroughly do you enforce the 'Think 25' policy?

1. As I am under 18 I understand I am entitled to 30 minutes break for every 8 hours which I work, would I be able to take this break whenever I want or would I require permission from my supervisor?

1. I understand to pass the probationary period after 12 weeks I will have to gain a sufficent mark in a test, and was wondering how difficult and what sort of questions were involved in this test?

Sorry for the list of questions but as I say I am just an ignorant new starter haha.

ReputationRep:
    Tills are easy after a few weeks. Are you working in the kiosk? Otherwise I don't think you'll be dealing with lottery tickets. Think 25 has to be rigorously applied, it is actually there for your own benefit. Breaks are when supervisors decide, although after a few weeks you'll start to get to know them and should gain some influence on when you have them. Don't worry about the end of probation at week 12, I'm just reaching the end of week 14 and I've been telling them every day for the last three weeks I need to sort out my end of probation, they don't seem to care!

And if they ever do get around to your probation, they won't let you fail the test. It costs too much to recruit new staff to do that.

ReputationRep:
    Hi ,
    I just recevied letter and they say i am not successful on this occasion thats fine but they say
    Re:Bakery Assistant
    Thank you for recently attending an interview for the above vacancy, I want to ask question i was not applied for that post i was applied Replacment Assistant in Dairy product, Can i tell them or just leave it? Please can anyone help me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie-27)
    I just had an interview, not sure it went that brilliantly but it was an experience! Everyone was very nice and I didn't feel under pressure much but i'm just not very good at thinking of good answers to the generic interview questions. They asked me what I knew about sainsburys, i was like erm, it's a very large store which is part of the FTSE 100. :facepalm: But yeah, i forgot to ask when they'd get back to me. When is it usually?
    You can recevie answer by post or email within one week

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    And if they ever do get around to your probation, they won't let you fail the test. It costs too much to recruit new staff to do that.
    Yes I've already been told that its not so much a test

Hello,
    I have applied for a general assistent in the electrical department, have interview next week (fingers crossed) anyhow, is it mostly stacking shelves?? Do you get help to say lift a massive widescreen tv or something?? Just wondering thats all...
    Thanks
    Rich

ReputationRep:
    Anybody can help my question, before already posted please i am confuse thats why i request.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krimith)
    Hi ,
    I just recevied letter and they say i am not successful on this occasion thats fine but they say
    Re:Bakery Assistant
    Thank you for recently attending an interview for the above vacancy, I want to ask question i was not applied for that post i was applied Replacment Assistant in Dairy product, Can i tell them or just leave it? Please can anyone help me.
    Yeah, if I were you I'd ring up and ask them to confirm the validity of the email, considering the fact that they refer to a position you didn't apply for. They might have accidentally left it in and are still rejecting you, but it's worth enquiring to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    Yeah, if I were you I'd ring up and ask them to confirm the validity of the email, considering the fact that they refer to a position you didn't apply for. They might have accidentally left it in and are still rejecting you, but it's worth enquiring to make sure.
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    After reading through the entire thread which took ages, >_> I've got a few questions.
    I've recently been offered a job as a customer service assistant although after reading through here it doesn't seem as appealing as I first thought. Anyway...

1. I haven't actually had my induction yet but when I go start my first proper shift what types of shoes will I be required to wear. Are there any rules on this?

2. I'm currently contracted to work 16:30 - 22:30 on a Saturday but I was wondering how soon after I start I will be able to change this to an earlier time on a Saturday as I have a few family events on late nights on Saturdays and I would have to miss out if that's the case which I wouldn't mind so much for about the first couple of weeks but after that I can see it annoying me.

(Original post by Saliency)
    After reading through the entire thread which took ages, >_> I've got a few questions.
    I've recently been offered a job as a customer service assistant although after reading through here it doesn't seem as appealing as I first thought. Anyway...

1. I haven't actually had my induction yet but when I go start my first proper shift what types of shoes will I be required to wear. Are there any rules on this?

2. I'm currently contracted to work 16:30 - 22:30 on a Saturday but I was wondering how soon after I start I will be able to change this to an earlier time on a Saturday as I have a few family events on late nights on Saturdays and I would have to miss out if that's the case which I wouldn't mind so much for about the first couple of weeks but after that I can see it annoying me.
    Well done for actually reading the thread To answer your questions:

As a customer service assistant, any black shoes will do fine. They don't even have to be particularly smart - black trainers will do as long as they can be polished up nicely.

It depends how much earlier you're talking, but it's worth asking the store trainers at your induction. Some people on my induction managed to change their hours around then. Otherwise just talk to your department manager as early as possible.

ReputationRep:
    I got the job as a general assistant with base as TU clothing! Very happy as i thought i seriously messed up at the interview. Going to read through the thread now to answer my questions and learn a bit. Although after a quick glance i'm not looking forward to my induction but still

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie-27)
    I got the job as a general assistant with base as TU clothing! Very happy as i thought i seriously messed up at the interview. Going to read through the thread now to answer my questions and learn a bit. Although after a quick glance i'm not looking forward to my induction but still
    Congrats Katie,but my side evrything wrong, you feel messed up interview but i was sure i did everything perfact, then i recevied letter by post you are unsuccessfull, and they say apply for bakery assistant job but i applied for Replacment assistant job. Today i phoed them but they haven't got any answer, what can i do? i dont understand.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.