Sainsburys thread MK ll watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triiden)
    My first pay day on Friday!!!!!

Btw are inductions payed?
    Fully paid, although if your induction is over 2 days (assuming you did 9 hours each day = 18 hours, and your contracted for more that week, you'll be short timed.

My first and only time I have been short timed was during my first month.

ReputationRep:
    You get short timed if you take holiday though! Even if its authorised and paid holiday pay, it will still show short time. Short-time is only a concern if its unauthorised. Like this weekend I did a shift swap so me and the person I swapped with will both be short-timed for the shifts we didn't do with no hol pay, and get paid overtime for the ones we did do, but no-one cares as the work the store needed was still done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otu1987)
    You get short timed if you take holiday though! Even if its authorised and paid holiday pay, it will still show short time. Short-time is only a concern if its unauthorised. Like this weekend I did a shift swap so me and the person I swapped with will both be short-timed for the shifts we didn't do with no hol pay, and get paid overtime for the ones we did do, but no-one cares as the work the store needed was still done!
    I don't count holiday as short time as you get repaid for it - so I haven't had any "proper" short time

Edit: Looks like my store is in the news again, and apparently was built on top of an old church. At least nobody is injured this time...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-10912858

ReputationRep:
    Starting on Friday! Kinda nervous.

I'm contracted to work 7-11 on Fridays, Sundays and Mondays -- the induction days are Friday and Saturday. Does anyone have any idea if I'll be starting work this Sunday or will it likely to be next week?

Also, I haven't got my NI card anymore because I lost it. Can I just write my number down? I have a letter for it, but the thing is, it has my old name on it (I changed my name) and it has scribbles all over it ¬__¬ very professional.

EDIT: Also, when's the next payday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamLeliel)
    Starting on Friday! Kinda nervous.

I'm contracted to work 7-11 on Fridays, Sundays and Mondays -- the induction days are Friday and Saturday. Does anyone have any idea if I'll be starting work this Sunday or will it likely to be next week?

Also, I haven't got my NI card anymore because I lost it. Can I just write my number down? I have a letter for it, but the thing is, it has my old name on it (I changed my name) and it has scribbles all over it ¬__¬ very professional.

EDIT: Also, when's the next payday?
    well we had to start out shifts as soon as the induction was over, I got example had to wait 5 days while my friend had to start the next day, therefore I believe you will start on Sunday.

Regarding NI we just got told to write it down - we didn't need the card.

Payday happens every 4th Friday and we get payed this Friday so you must wait a month

anyway have fun working in sainsburys, it's a great place to work

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me what a Full Time General Assistant will be doing day-to-day in the produce deparment?? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triiden)
    well we had to start out shifts as soon as the induction was over, I got example had to wait 5 days while my friend had to start the next day, therefore I believe you will start on Sunday.

Regarding NI we just got told to write it down - we didn't need the card.

Payday happens every 4th Friday and we get payed this Friday so you must wait a month

anyway have fun working in sainsburys, it's a great place to work
    Thank you very much (: I'm going to be dead! I guess I better get used to it.

Aw that sucks, at least I'll get a good lump sum of money to start with though.

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to it actually, in a weird way it seems like fun. I like organising things so that helps :p:

Anyone else starting night shift soon?

ReputationRep:
    My induction starts today, it's at 4-10pm. Anyone have it at a strange time? I'm completely paranoid I've got the wrong time >.<

ReputationRep:
    My inductions are 5-10pm and then 9am-2pm. So, kinda odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamLeliel)
    My inductions are 5-10pm and then 9am-2pm. So, kinda odd.
    I phoned up to double check, 3 days all 4-10pm. At least I don't have to get up early!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajay12345678)
    hi

do u no the orange jacket thing do they give you that too free
    Your uniform is provided for free - although if you wish to have spare parts to the uniform (Spare trousers etc.), my store allows you to buy them out of your own pocket.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by donaldduckyy)
    Can someone explain to me what a Full Time General Assistant will be doing day-to-day in the produce deparment?? x
    Our produce people put out stock & rotate it *very important* and other related tasks.

Orange jackets? The high vis ones or like general jackets? :tongue:

I currently have two fleece jackets, 5 shirts and three pairs of trousers... lol

I only have two polo shirts and one pair of trousers. Kind of annoying if I'm doing overtime and working 5/6 days.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    It's bizarre. I mean I work 3 nights a week but I only had one pair of trousers to start with that were far too small. So I've finally got two pairs that sorta fit - they're a bit long, and a bit big but they're so much better than the ones that were too short and too small hah. There's no loops for a belt though

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just wondering does a team leader in training get paid more than a colleague? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshliz)
    Hi guys, just wondering does a team leader in training get paid more than a colleague? Thanks
    Yes but not loads more.

ReputationRep:
    A team leader on checkouts has just left (They where with the company for a month? The previous person before here was only with the company for 2 days before resigning!), asked my manager if there will be any P/T team leader jobs available 'cause i'm interested.

She said, I dunno, i'll have to talk with HR to see if they'll let me have anoither team leader. It is possible though. What hours are you willing to do?

"Same as I am doing now, but during half term I'm willing to work full time on overtime, and when I finish uni, I am willing to go full time."

Third time i've shown an interest now. Third time lucky?!

I practically run checkouts (With the help of a T/L) in the evenings so yaknow..
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I have heard they tend to keep people like that as they are cos its like having someone do the job for less money which I think is dumb

Doing 39 hours this week, woohoo. Not. Can't sleep

ReputationRep:
    Finished my induction which was really not as bad as i expected! I'm being till trained on friday and they asked if anyone would like to do a till shift saturday and i said yes which i'm kinda regretting as i'll be like :eek3: as i'm under 18 so I have to ask the supervisor over every time there's an over 18 sale so that'll be annoying for them especially as i'm the only under 18 in store so they won't be used to it. :/ Apart from that, I had a really good time and I'm really looking forward to work!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.