Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well my payday hasnt gotten off to a good start. Haven't checked my pay but today received a letter for a disciplinary meeting tomorrow. It's my first one so not really sure what to expect for punishment, I'm still under the probation period as I think im in week 8 or 9. Also because im under 18, one of my parents wants to go with me. Do you think that's a good thing? Any advice greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rowan126)
    Well my payday hasnt gotten off to a good start. Haven't checked my pay but today received a letter for a disciplinary meeting tomorrow. It's my first one so not really sure what to expect for punishment, I'm still under the probation period as I think im in week 8 or 9. Also because im under 18, one of my parents wants to go with me. Do you think that's a good thing? Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Hmm really depends. What was the disciplinary for, if you don't mind me asking?

(Original post by Rowan126)
    Hi

I'm sure you're already aware, that legally, you're allowed both legal and personal representation. It can either be in form of a Union Rep (should you be a member of it) and/or a family member.

In most cases, people feel that involving a union and/or inviting a family member makes it seem as more of a big deal. However, in my personal experience, I advise you to have some sort of support.

As again, I'm sure you're aware, as you're in the 'Probationary Period', you could be 'let go' (as it were), and therefore it's crucial you have some support, should Sainsbury's make you agree to something that may not be your fault; which could terminate your contract of employment.

ReputationRep:
    May I ask, how good Sainsburys are with overtime??

Wondering how good they would be in booking more shifts and so on

(Original post by setmefree)
    Yeah true but rewarding encourages everyone to keep trying to do their best in the hope that they might get the mystery customer some time, you know? It's a nice gesture.
    I agree. I have over heard many colleagues (mainly those that don't seem to be passing MCM :rolleyes:) how it's an absurd reward, and should be stopped.

However, I think you need little incentives (like the 'Shining Star') that will make (some) give that extra mile to ensure they offer more than 'Good' customer service.

It is a nice gesture. I know that if all I got was a stupid mention in the weekly newsletter, I couldn't care less, but I like ££'s and this is a good way to get the attention of many.

Back to the ladies I was talking about, I know they may 'hate' it, but secretly, I know they'll be trying to get it!

(Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    May I ask, how good Sainsburys are with overtime??

Wondering how good they would be in booking more shifts and so on
    I know that when I was on checkouts, there was more than enough overtime to be working ~39+ hours.

However, I know recently that some stores have either cut back, or simply hired more people to cover overtime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I know that when I was on checkouts, there was more than enough overtime to be working ~39+ hours.

However, I know recently that some stores have either cut back, or simply hired more people to cover overtime.
    Bleh! I got an interview for Warehouse Assistant! :woo: but the hours doesn't seem enough for my gap year, working 12 hours...

I got another application on another email address for that Replenishment Assistant and waiting for a Team Leader from that store to say whether I could have an interview or not

Do you think I could get into trouble

Bleh! I got an interview for Warehouse Assistant! :woo: but the hours doesn't seem enough for my gap year, working 12 hours...

I got another application on another email address for that Replenishment Assistant and waiting for a Team Leader from that store to say whether I could have an interview or not

Do you think I could get into trouble
    I'm not sure if you're aware, but you could always do overtime on other departments? If you've been till trained, then it doesn't take much to ask if you could do some overtime on checkouts?

I was in a similar situation like you, contracted ~16 hours, but doing ~39 via overtime on other departments. I must have done overtime on every department (apart from Bakery).

It was doing loads of overtime which led me to a full-time position.

I doubt you'd get in trouble for it, however, I'm sure that either the store and/or HR advisor will be a bit miffed, knowing that they're going that extra mile for you, and instead you're being (kinda) greedy, in that you already have an interview..!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I'm not sure if you're aware, but you could always do overtime on other departments? If you've been till trained, then it doesn't take much to ask if you could do some overtime on checkouts?

I was in a similar situation like you, contracted ~16 hours, but doing ~39 via overtime on other departments. I must have done overtime on every department (apart from Bakery).

It was doing loads of overtime which led me to a full-time position.

I doubt you'd get in trouble for it, however, I'm sure that either the store and/or HR advisor will be a bit miffed, knowing that they're going that extra mile for you, and instead you're being (kinda) greedy, in that you already have an interview..!?
    Well they are different stores, one is in South Harrow, the other in Stanmore.
    But I wasnt aware of being able to ask for overtime in different departments! Hmm sounds good!

When I called HRSS yesterday for the replenishment assistant job the woman asked if I had more than one account and I was like :eek: and went through 2 of my account stating that I cannot apply for any more CSA jobs Which is weird but yeah, it made me quite paranoid but I can't delete the Sainsburys accounts can I, so i just closed my email accounts that were used for it, since some were only created for jobs

ReputationRep:
    'Try Something New Today' says the sign outside the Sainsburys petrol station.

But will they help pay to get the diesel out of my petrol engine ? *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSJ)
    'Try Something New Today' says the sign outside the Sainsburys petrol station.

But will they help pay to get the diesel out of my petrol engine ? *******s.
    If you put the diesel in there yourself then they don't really have an obligation:p:

ReputationRep:
    do we get 10% discount on fuel at sainsburys station? I dont think so :P lol

Nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    If you put the diesel in there yourself then they don't really have an obligation:p:
    i don't have a car

Well they are different stores, one is in South Harrow, the other in Stanmore.
    But I wasnt aware of being able to ask for overtime in different departments! Hmm sounds good!

When I called HRSS yesterday for the replenishment assistant job the woman asked if I had more than one account and I was like :eek: and went through 2 of my account stating that I cannot apply for any more CSA jobs Which is weird but yeah, it made me quite paranoid but I can't delete the Sainsburys accounts can I, so i just closed my email accounts that were used for it, since some were only created for jobs
    It's probably that she noticed you have a couple open applications (if you do the check via the name - and not via job reference).

If you can't delete the accounts, and/or withdraw the application, I would leave it. If the HRSS advisor was so bothered, she would have manually withdrawn your application(s).

Indeed you can do overtime on other departments. I'm sure most in this thread have done at one point. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Yup, i seem to have been taxed about £100 either that or my holiday pay hasn't been paid to me again.

I hate tax

Lucky you, i got taxed £280

I just love giving my hard earned to HM Revenue & Customs *Sigh*

ReputationRep:
    pay day, yay

after how many hours do you get overtime x 1.5? i got 58.25 hours on overtime x 1.0 and 11 on the x 1.5. i am contracted to 20 hours. didn't know i get more for doing more overtime.

ReputationRep:
    x1.5 overtime???

I did 71 hours all at x1.0 :'(

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I think Sainsbury's overpaid me.

Do you think I should tell them? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie.)
    Hmmm I think Sainsbury's overpaid me.

Do you think I should tell them? :p:
    I have a rule.

Only moan if i get underpaid :yep:

Ive never been overpaid though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.