Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I failed the dvd test version 2 the other day and I'm gutted. I know I passed the maths section and the personality section. I think I messed up on the customer service questions. The attention to detail scenarios seemed pretty straight forward but then again I failed so maybe not.

Can someone give me a guide to follow when taking this test because I really need the job.

EX. A customer is struggling with a trolley outside the store whilst you are putting trolleys back. Do you...stop what you're doing and help them, ask them if they want help or continue with your work? I chose the first answer but now I'm thinking twice.

I would ask. But then I could be totally wrong. I never had the DVD test.

ReputationRep:
    I answered 'stop what you're doing and help them' and I passed mine. What store were you applying for?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'd probably ask too. I don't think I had that question though.

Donaldduckyy you can't apply for 6 months (I think) if you've just failed the test :dontknow:

One of the new starters looks like he'll be here a while. The other doesn't look like he'll stay for long. I know we all look miserable but everyone's normally quite enthusiastic on their first day, and I've never seen anyone look more miserable in my entire life! lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    No, it's only an internal intranet site, so you cannot access it on a non-JS pc
    I'm sure if you tried, you'd be able to access it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    i kinda want to move to the petrol station or something i'm fed up of my store and their crap!
    Petrol station is really boring
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Petrol station is really boring
    So is night shift and it's just too much work for me. Apparently it's because I keep beating my target pretty much every week so they push it further and further down lol. I spend 10 hours pretty much all on my own, and generally work on the opposite side of the store to everyone else it's very lonely. At least at petrol you get people coming in now and again!

ReputationRep:
    So is night shift and it's just too much work for me. Apparently it's because I keep beating my target pretty much every week so they push it further and further down lol. I spend 10 hours pretty much all on my own, and generally work on the opposite side of the store to everyone else it's very lonely. At least at petrol you get people coming in now and again!
    What are the nightshift targets?

ReputationRep:
    I've got my 2nd interview this year at Sainsbury's tomorrow, conducted by another interviewer. I think I know where I went wrong last time, but that's not what is worrying me now...

I applied for the position of 'Counter Assistant' (deli, fish etc) and it didn't say anything on the vacancy page except wage for U18 would be 'agreed' during the process.

So I filled out the form, as last night, and entered my correct date of birth so they should know I am 16.

However, I looked a general info page on what that position requires, and it does say you need to be 18 for statutory reasons.

Should I ring up before the interview and ask, or just go to the interview as normal? :/
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Foulish)
    What are the nightshift targets?
    I don't know, nobody ever tells me :rolleyes: they just say you have to do x, y, and z by x time. :tongue: But that's what a colleague told me, he's doing his manager training now.

Last night = gross. I think they shoulda sent us home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blighty Andy)
    I've got my 2nd interview this year at Sainsbury's tomorrow, conducted by another interviewer. I think I know where I went wrong last time, but that's not what is worrying me now...

I applied for the position of 'Counter Assistant' (deli, fish etc) and it didn't say anything on the vacancy page except wage for U18 would be 'agreed' during the process.

So I filled out the form, as last night, and entered my correct date of birth so they should know I am 16.

However, I looked a general info page on what that position requires, and it does say you need to be 18 for statutory reasons.

Should I ring up before the interview and ask, or just go to the interview as normal? :/
    The job I applied to when I was 16 apparently needed over 18 year olds, but since it didn't say that on the actual application and I definitely entered my age correctly my interviewer entered me into a general assistant position instead, I'm sure they'll try and arrange the same for you

ReputationRep:
    Guys, on my last months pay slip it says 'holiday lieu pay' then it's minus 8 hrs. What does this mean? Is it because I'm leaving and have taken too much holiday? thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blighty Andy)

You'll be fine, just go to the interview again. They may put you on another department if you cant be on the counters till you're 18. However i'm sure there was someone in my store that was on the counter when they were under 18, but can't remember.
    They're not going to say you cant have a job if they realise, they will just offer you another position in the store.
    Good luck for your second interview, (i don't know what the second interview is as I only had a short one a few years ago before all this DVD stuff came in)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wannabe)
    You'll be fine, just go to the interview again. They may put you on another department if you cant be on the counters till you're 18. However i'm sure there was someone in my store that was on the counter when they were under 18, but can't remember.
    They're not going to say you cant have a job if they realise, they will just offer you another position in the store.
    Good luck for your second interview, (i don't know what the second interview is as I only had a short one a few years ago before all this DVD stuff came in)
    Thanks.

By second interview I meant it's the second first stage interview I've had this year. The first one was for Customer Service Assistant but I think I know where I went wrong so I should be more prepared this time!

ReputationRep:
    Woo! I got a job as customer service assistant :woo:

Going for my induction later this week. I can join you guys in this thread now! All the time I was job hunting, getting no replies from places, etc and I looked at this forum and all the threads for various shops just looking on like *sob* i'm unemployed :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Sainsbury;s was my first job :tongue: well, still is :woo:

ReputationRep:
    First proper shift yesterday and they're already phoning me to do overtime. Had to reject though.
    I felt so bad my queue kept getting longer and longer on the tills. everyone was getting frustrated :O
    I'm not sure about the rule on £50 the girl behind me just told me to take it. not to sure about that though.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Saliency)
    First proper shift yesterday and they're already phoning me to do overtime. Had to reject though.
    I felt so bad my queue kept getting longer and longer on the tills. everyone was getting frustrated :O
    I'm not sure about the rule on £50 the girl behind me just told me to take it. not to sure about that though.
    What £50? You mean the notes? I thought practically nowhere accepted them except the banks :woo:

ReputationRep:
    What £50? You mean the notes? I thought practically nowhere accepted them except the banks :woo:
    Yeah the notes :eek3:

oh no :/

Disciplinary for me then.

ReputationRep:
    All stores seem to have slightly different rules over £50 notes. Some provide everyone with a special pen to check if its real, others make you call a supervisor who has a pen and others just don't seem to care as long as you do the basic checks.

They do accept them though, just different processes you have to go through.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.