Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay then thanks for that. Hopefully I should be let off, I wasn't warned of what to do in that situation so hopefully they wont care. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLastDaysOfDisco)
    Woo! I got a job as customer service assistant :woo:

Going for my induction later this week. I can join you guys in this thread now! All the time I was job hunting, getting no replies from places, etc and I looked at this forum and all the threads for various shops just looking on like *sob* i'm unemployed :p:
    Same, well done :p:
    My induction is tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday. Not sure what to expect really but a job is a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    What £50? You mean the notes? I thought practically nowhere accepted them except the banks
    My own personal rule (To cover my own back if anything else), if the transaction is under £10, and they attempt to pay for it with a £50 notes, I just say I don't have enough change in the till for a 50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    Same, well done
    My induction is tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday. Not sure what to expect really but a job is a job.
    3 day induction. Good lord. 2 days was long enough for me. I couldn't handle a 3 day induction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    3 day induction. Good lord. 2 days was long enough for me. I couldn't handle a 3 day induction
    Yeah and two of those days are 9:30 - 5:30 :p:

Yeah and two of those days are 9:30 - 5:30 :p:
    Ouch well, good luck lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Ouch well, good luck lol.
    Thanks, I think I'll need it!
    I don't really understand how they can make the induction that long seriously I mean there's not a lot to cover other than signing a few forms and heal and safety surely? It's only working on the tills

ReputationRep:
    I got my interview terminated when we got to the DVD test because I had an interview in June. Apparently there is a 6 month period before you can apply again.

Why didn't anyone at recruitment/HR spot this! I used the same account, and can see myself that I didn't succeed in June and my now another unsuccessful application on the same page.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Blighty Andy)
    I got my interview terminated when we got to the DVD test because I had an interview in June. Apparently there is a 6 month period before you can apply again.

Why didn't anyone at recruitment/HR spot this! I used the same account, and can see myself that I didn't succeed in June and my now another unsuccessful application on the same page.
    I'm sure it says somewhere on the website you can only apply after 6 months

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have been asked to work overtime next Saturday 7-4. What breaks am I entitled to? (u18)

Also my friend keeps saying u18 get additional time during breaks? Is this true and how long extra is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triiden)
    Hey I have been asked to work overtime next Saturday 7-4. What breaks am I entitled to? (u18)

Also my friend keeps saying u18 get additional time during breaks? Is this true and how long extra is it?
    You'll get an hours lunch break (unpaid) and a half an hours paid break.

ReputationRep:

Were you not given a Colleague Handbook?
    The break entitlement is in there and also the additional time for under 18's is shown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wannabe)
    Were you not given a Colleague Handbook?
    The break entitlement is in there and also the additional time for under 18's is shown.
    I was given it but in-between moving house and clearing out my room I h seem to have misplaced it. Care to share the amount of additional time u18's get!

ReputationRep:
    I was given it but in-between moving house and clearing out my room I h seem to have misplaced it. Care to share the amount of additional time u18's get!
    Here is how it works : -

Working between 4.5 but less than 6 hours - 15 minute break
    between 6 and 8 hours - 20 minute break
    8 and 9 -30 minute break which can be taken as 2 15 minutes.
    9 or more - 45 minutes which is taken as 1 30 and 1 15 break.

You get a lunch break if you start before 11 and its an hour and unpaid.

If your under 18, and work over 4.5 hours, you get a 30 minute break.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I get two 30 min breaks. It's quite nice. Definitely makes a 10 hour shift go a heck of a lot faster =/

New contract starts on Sunday, woohoo! Shame I'm losing about £300 a month but hoping my rent, tax etc goes down a little so in reality I won't lose that much. After tax, rent bills etc I am "only" left with about £400-£500 anyway lol. Any idea how to work out how much tax/ni I'll pay on £618 a month?

ReputationRep:
    Same, well done :p:
    Well done to you to I only have two induction days. 9-6 though
    Good luck with yours!

ReputationRep:
    Hi. is it possible to transfer into another store? i got a job offer at sainsbury really far away, 30 mins in car to get there, and i don't even drive, i'll take the bus. i was wondering if in future i can move to a store near me if they are hiring that only take 10mins without all the questionnaires and interviews. im really desperate for a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plimbu23)
    Hi. is it possible to transfer into another store? i got a job offer at sainsbury really far away, 30 mins in car to get there, and i don't even drive, i'll take the bus. i was wondering if in future i can move to a store near me if they are hiring that only take 10mins without all the questionnaires and interviews. im really desperate for a job.
    You can, go your HR however it will depend on if they have vacancies at that store and you could be put onto any department. However, i would wait until you've passed your 12 weeks until asking for a transfer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordOfTheIsles)
    You can, go your HR however it will depend on if they have vacancies at that store and you could be put onto any department. However, i would wait until you've passed your 12 weeks until asking for a transfer.
    just curious. did you do that as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plimbu23)
    just curious. did you do that as well?
    Yeah, I needed to get a tranfer for uni. Fortunatly there was a place and i'm moving in 2 weeks. I only started in June but they were pretty accommodating but said i needed to get my probation stuff out the way.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.