Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Schumacher)
    Just finished my induction and I can't believe how fake it all is. The actors speak to you like you're stupid and Sainsbury's is the greatest place ever that you can possibly ever work.
    Get used to it. Try not to insult the people in your store before you've even started though. They're only being enthusiastic. Would you rather they were dull and just sat reading from a notebook for three days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    Just finished my induction and I can't believe how fake it all is. The actors speak to you like you're stupid and Sainsbury's is the greatest place ever that you can possibly ever work.
    To be fair it is an excellent place to work. I agree the videos are a little overdone but I like that, I imagine they're made to be humourous. If they ever film me at my store then I'm going for the most cringeworthy award at the next conference, for my 15 minutes of fame :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Get used to it. Try not to insult the people in your store before you've even started though. They're only being enthusiastic. Would you rather they were dull and just sat reading from a notebook for three days?
    I think he was talking about the DVD people.

Take a look at the Think 25 video, and you'll see real tackyness there. See how many times you see the number 25 on everything, from the bus, to the house door :P

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help guys

A couple more quick questions --
    Can I apply for Sainsbury's jobs on the website if I see something more suitable, if it hasn't been six months and stuff if I'm actually employed for sainsbury's already? Even if it's the same store, too?

Can I have two Sainsbury's jobs on the go? Like 2x 16 hours? If I switch to days I may need to do this, or have to get another part time job -- bills to pay :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    You're the sort of person they're trying to weed out with the questionnaire. If you're that narrow minded about it, you aren't going to be able to convince them you can deliver good customer service.

Or, to answer your question another way, because what you said could be construed as degrading those of us who do work at Sainsburys, clearly it is difficult because you can't do one simple questionnaire.

And yeah your answers are wrong - and we can't tell you what the correct answers are. You don't need experience, just common sense (and a bit of courtesy... and know what Sainsburys would expect from you).

They were wrong??? I thought they were ok until the last one, where I would have picked C
    Shhhhh...dont tell on me

ReputationRep:
    They have nothing for me online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    I'm talking about the DVD..And yes, they just sat reading from a notebook for 3 days also.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    haha the dvds are stupid. sainsbury's can be an ok place to work though it depends who your manager is i would say.

ReputationRep:
    Once you have applied how long does it take for them to get back to you?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by 1platinum)
    Once you have applied how long does it take for them to get back to you?
    Under a week, usually

ReputationRep:
    I got a shining star today, it was the best day ever.

ReputationRep:
    Do they regularly update their recruitment site with vacancies? Or is it all ********?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    Do they regularly update their recruitment site with vacancies? Or is it all ********?
    The two times I have found vacancies from my local Sainsbury's was on a Friday evening.

ReputationRep:
    So I'm going on holiday at the end of september and I need to take two days off. About three weeks ago I did the holiday form but then last week asked for a new one as nothing had happened. I found that they hadnt given me the holiday yet.. so I did a new holiday form. And then yesterday I get another holiday form and find out I'm not allowed one of the days. Grr! When I did the first holiday form the 2 weeks that I wanted were open. Shall I just go to HR and beg?? It's sooo annoying. I won't be there to call in sick on that day and I can't find anyone to shift swap with me. Help anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oceanic815)
    So I'm going on holiday at the end of september and I need to take two days off. About three weeks ago I did the holiday form but then last week asked for a new one as nothing had happened. I found that they hadnt given me the holiday yet.. so I did a new holiday form. And then yesterday I get another holiday form and find out I'm not allowed one of the days. Grr! When I did the first holiday form the 2 weeks that I wanted were open. Shall I just go to HR and beg?? It's sooo annoying. I won't be there to call in sick on that day and I can't find anyone to shift swap with me. Help anyone?
    If your desperate, go to HR and ask for an authorised absence.

September holiday though should have been booked in March though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    If your desperate, go to HR and ask for an authorised absence.

September holiday though should have been booked in March though.
    Ok thankyou Do you reckon they will allow me that?

And oh... :/ Well I only booked the holiday a couple of weeks ago, and the weeks that I wanted holiday were open.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ok thankyou Do you reckon they will allow me that?

And oh... :/ Well I only booked the holiday a couple of weeks ago, and the weeks that I wanted holiday were open.
    Best thing to do is book all your holidays in March. That way you get all the weeks you want :dontknow: I know pretty much everyone books holidays in the summer & around Xmas in March to guarantee that they'll get it off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Best thing to do is book all your holidays in March. That way you get all the weeks you want :dontknow: I know pretty much everyone books holidays in the summer & around Xmas in March to guarantee that they'll get it off!
    Ah man :/ I should really be more organised :p:

I hope they do let me have it off... as it's only 4 hours and people love overtime right?

Ah man :/ I should really be more organised :p:

I hope they do let me have it off... as it's only 4 hours and people love overtime right?
    Clearly not if you can't get anyone to cover :p:

ReputationRep:
    How much do Sainsburys pay as an under 18 customer sales assistant?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.