The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

1platinum
How much do Sainsburys pay as an under 18 customer sales assistant?

I'm 17 and currently paid £4.65. Its not bad and a bit higher than other places.
Reply 5741
oceanic815
Ok thankyou :smile: Do you reckon they will allow me that?

And oh... :/ Well I only booked the holiday a couple of weeks ago, and the weeks that I wanted holiday were open.

I once made the same mistake as you. The posers on the wall said there was still 15% to book for that month for the store, but the department was 100%
I've been working at Sainsburys for a year.

Im going for an Interview at a new store tomorrow, as I'm supposed to be transfering there. I have NO idea what i will be asked, any advice?!

Ive been on checkouts for a year, I'm self scan trained, fresh foods trained, trolly trained (its not really rocket science) and Almost Kiosk trained... I really need this job!
Roarbrown
I've been working at Sainsburys for a year.

Im going for an Interview at a new store tomorrow, as I'm supposed to be transfering there. I have NO idea what i will be asked, any advice?!

Ive been on checkouts for a year, I'm self scan trained, fresh foods trained, trolly trained (its not really rocket science) and Almost Kiosk trained... I really need this job!

If your already working for Sainsbuy's, Why do you need an interview?I got a transfer by asking through HR and they organised it all.
I stupidly agreed to do overtime tomorrow night forgetting it's end change night. Whoops. It's my first one :o:
Foulish
I once made the same mistake as you. The posers on the wall said there was still 15% to book for that month for the store, but the department was 100%

Ouch. Did they give you the time off then?
LordOfTheIsles
If your already working for Sainsbuy's, Why do you need an interview?I got a transfer by asking through HR and they organised it all.

I Did it through HR then was asked to go for an interview, nobody seems to know why?
Reply 5747
Help please! :smile:

I want to apply for a team leader position, and it says to apply in writing. Anyone have any idea's of what to include in that letter, and the layout etc. I've done some but it doesn't look right!
Any help will be appreciated!
Oh-No!

I want to apply for a team leader position, and it says to apply in writing. Anyone have any idea's of what to include in that letter, and the layout etc. I've done some but it doesn't look right!

I'm not a team leader or anything but I'd guess something like starting with "I am writing to apply for the team leader position..." and going on to say why you want the position, maybe how long you've been working there and any other training you've had that shows your commitment to Sainsbury's, and what you think makes a good team leader and why you would be good at it. Then finish with a thank you for their time, etc. Someone else might be more knowledgeable, those are just vague ideas off the top of my head. Good luck!
Reply 5749
Oh-No!

Do you work in the same store as me? I saw a similar position with the same application system (And i've never seen "write a letter", its usually tell your manager).

I just wrote "I want the apply for the xyz job because a. b. c. with the following hours per week.
Reply 5750
oceanic815
Ouch. Did they give you the time off then?

I ended up not going on holiday because of it.
Reply 5751
teh_samby
I'm not a team leader or anything but I'd guess something like starting with "I am writing to apply for the team leader position..." and going on to say why you want the position, maybe how long you've been working there and any other training you've had that shows your commitment to Sainsbury's, and what you think makes a good team leader and why you would be good at it. Then finish with a thank you for their time, etc. Someone else might be more knowledgeable, those are just vague ideas off the top of my head. Good luck!

Thanks for that, I was thinking something along those lines.
Just hope I get it, it seems to be an ideal position, as I'm already pretty much doing the job unofficially for less money :yep: :eek3:

Foulish
Do you work in the same store as me? I saw a similar position with the same application system (And i've never seen "write a letter", its usually tell your manager).

I just wrote "I want the apply for the xyz job because a. b. c. with the following hours per week.

Your stores in London? If it is then no :smile:
The poster only went up yesterday, and my manager told me to go for it.
1platinum

16 and £4.90
I think it just depends where you are.
Reply 5753
Oh-No!
Thanks for that, I was thinking something along those lines.
Just hope I get it, it seems to be an ideal position, as I'm already pretty much doing the job unofficially for less money

Your stores in London? If it is then no :smile:
The poster only went up yesterday, and my manager told me to go for it.

Ah, I see. I've applied/stated my interests on a number of occasions for the last 8 months or so, and I don't hear anything back, so I think it is my manager not telling them i'm interested. Hopefully now i'll hear something back this time.
Ours said 'apply in writing'. Of course I'm not interested in being a team leader. :tongue: I know it's more money but I'm quite content just being a shelf stacker. Plus I'm happy enough - and the manager has started saying 'thank you' more and stuff after one of the colleagues had a go at him and told him to stop being so unappreciative of how hard we work... Which I guess could've got them sacked. lol.
Reply 5755
Foulish
Ah, I see. I've applied/stated my interests on a number of occasions for the last 8 months or so, and I don't hear anything back, so I think it is my manager not telling them i'm interested. Hopefully now i'll hear something back this time.

Yeah, they know I'm interested as well, but I've just been waiting for the position to arise. I just hope it all goes well, and I get it... time will tell :eek3:
Reply 5756
Oh-No!
Yeah, they know I'm interested as well, but I've just been waiting for the position to arise. I just hope it all goes well, and I get it... time will tell :eek3:

Ah Good Luck!
When I applied, I wrote a short letter stating what position it was and that my intention was to apply.
The interview is a bit difficult, but if you want to know how they do it, pm me.
I did pass it, but couldn't do the job when they offered it to me because of the hours. Hopefully yours will be more successful :smile:
Reply 5757
Wannabe
Ah Good Luck!
When I applied, I wrote a short letter stating what position it was and that my intention was to apply.
The interview is a bit difficult, but if you want to know how they do it, pm me.
I did pass it, but couldn't do the job when they offered it to me because of the hours. Hopefully yours will be more successful :smile:

Thanks! Have sent you a PM :smile:
1platinum

£5.17 for me
tykkylumi
Thanks for the help guys :biggrin:

A couple more quick questions --
Can I apply for Sainsbury's jobs on the website if I see something more suitable, if it hasn't been six months and stuff if I'm actually employed for sainsbury's already? Even if it's the same store, too?

Can I have two Sainsbury's jobs on the go? Like 2x 16 hours? If I switch to days I may need to do this, or have to get another part time job -- bills to pay :woo:

Anyone?

Latest

Trending

Trending