Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview tomorrow, after applying for a 'Customer service assistant' role.

Does anyone know what exactly this job involves?

Will my interview be specific towards that job role, or is it just a general interview that they normally do, as the lady said on the phone something about a DVD question section, and a 1 to 1 interview, lasting in total about 1 hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tykkylumi)
    Anyone?
    I know some people on checkouts have shifts on other departments in store, and it is part of their contact.

I suggest you apply for the job then tell HR you have done so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir_Malc)
    I've got an interview tomorrow, after applying for a 'Customer service assistant' role.

Does anyone know what exactly this job involves?

Will my interview be specific towards that job role, or is it just a general interview that they normally do, as the lady said on the phone something about a DVD question section, and a 1 to 1 interview, lasting in total about 1 hour.
    Usually CSA means you'll be on kiosk/customer service desk. My job title is Customer Service Assistant and when I first started I was always on a checkout.

You'll probably find yourself on a checkout.

Usually the interview starts in a group, DVD test, then 1-to-1. If you want a massive tip, try to sit infront of the TV because the TV's they use are not the best quality and sitting on the other side of the room while doing the test is apparently fairly difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Usually the interview starts in a group, DVD test, then 1-to-1. If you want a massive tip, try to sit infront of the TV because the TV's they use are not the best quality and sitting on the other side of the room while doing the test is apparently fairly difficult.
    When you say group interview, do you mean you're in a group when you take the DVD test thing, or there is actually another stage before hand where you have to answer questions in a group? I don't recall hearing the lady mention anything about a group interview when I booked the interview, but I could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    When you say group interview, do you mean you're in a group when you take the DVD test thing, or there is actually another stage before hand where you have to answer questions in a group? I don't recall hearing the lady mention anything about a group interview when I booked the interview, but I could be wrong.
    I don't know. Since i've started the entire interview process has changed (And since I havwent had to sit an interview since then, there is no need for me to have that info!).

ReputationRep:
    You normally do the DVD questionnaire in a group and then you have a one to one interview after, but it's the DVD test that they mainly base it on, most of the one to one interview questions are things like, 'if you are succesful do you have a bank account that we can pay into'. That kind of thing.

Oh and as said before, customer service assistant is checkouts. Good luck
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well I went to work last night despite feeling awful, think I might have to ring in sick for the first time ever if I don't feel better by next shift cos I truly feel awful! They seem to be really nasty about people ringing in sick as well. Bleeeh.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, for my interview tomorrow should I wear a suit? I can't remember if the person said you CAN or you CAN'T wear smart casual?

I don't want to look a wolly tomorrow turning up wearing a suit and everyone else is wearing smart casual.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, for my interview tomorrow should I wear a suit? I can't remember if the person said you CAN or you CAN'T wear smart casual?

I don't want to look a wolly tomorrow turning up wearing a suit and everyone else is wearing smart casual.
    I'd say juist a shirt and trousers, I don't think people tend to wear suits to the Sainsbury's interview.

Shirt and trousers would be fine. I wore a plain black sweatshirt as well though.

ReputationRep:
    I ended up not going on holiday because of it.
    Crikey mate :/

well they let me have the day off if I work the hours up another time. So not bad, I guess
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    It's like the bloody ice age in my store already, and it's only just turned September. I think I'm going to be wearing two pairs of tights under my trousers and might have to get my own bloody thermal gloves ... and a hat.

And also I got a nasty infection from my store. It makes me resent the place. Treat us like bloody animals...

ReputationRep:
    I have to find a pair of black trainers. I didn't think they took the shoes rule seriously
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I got given a pair of manky already used safety boots. I want NEW boots, or I'm not wearing them. Everyone wears what they want on our shift despite being told to wear the boots lol. I wear black trainers just to look 'smart-ish' though. They're easily found! :woo: What about black converse? I had a pair but they're not suitable for my feet to do 10 hour shifts in as I found... ooch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    It's like the bloody ice age in my store already, and it's only just turned September. I think I'm going to be wearing two pairs of tights under my trousers and might have to get my own bloody thermal gloves ... and a hat.
    haha my stores the same, loads of people moan about it too, even when its hot outside.

I have to find a pair of black trainers. I didn't think they took the shoes rule seriously
    I used to wear trainers with a logo on them, but had to change them. I got them to order me some Boots, and they did - cheaper that way, and they are quite comfy tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've got an interview tommorow for a part time Customer Service position at a new store thats going to be opening.
    Any tips?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    haha my stores the same, loads of people moan about it too, even when its hot outside.
    Let's put it this way: when we had those scorching temps outside during this summer, a woman was saying to her kids outside- "come on get your jackets and gloves on, it's cold in here!!"

One half of our store is really hot and the other half is really cold. I don't know what the problem is but I hope they get it fixed before winter.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Our entire store is cold at night - they turn off the heating and even the lights to save money.

ReputationRep:
    My stores temperature is fine, its the canteen thats the problem! It goes from near freezing in the morning but by the afternoon its like the sahara desert! I actually prefer 'taking my break' by staying in the bakery just not doing any work!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.