Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do stores actually get a fine from Trading Standards if we trade for more than 6 hours on a Sunday. It was mega busy and we "over-traded" by about 10 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    By over trade you mean to 6 hours 10 minutes? No..up to 6 hours 30 minutes will go unnoticed. Its an unusual week if we aren't still trading at 4.15
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    it's nearly pay day :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otu1987)
    By over trade you mean to 6 hours 10 minutes? No..up to 6 hours 30 minutes will go unnoticed. Its an unusual week if we aren't still trading at 4.15
    6 hours 40 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    I have a job interview... at Sainsbury's... again...

For team leader though :P

ReputationRep:
    I've recently applied (and successfully) got an interview. Its tomorrow, so does anyone have any tips for the interview?

It's a brand new store which isn't open yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    I have a job interview... at Sainsbury's... again...

For team leader though :P
    I always thought you were a team leader.

Best of luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dontdothatagain)
    I've recently applied (and successfully) got an interview. Its tomorrow, so does anyone have any tips for the interview?

It's a brand new store which isn't open yet.

I had an interview on Friday for a new store? Which store is it and what position you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuvyLauren)
    I had an interview on Friday for a new store? Which store is it and what position you apply for?
    Its the Hawick store, and a General Assistant. Which store did you apply for and how did it go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyle_y)
    I always thought you were a team leader.

Best of luck anyway!
    I basically am a team leader, but I don't get paid to be one. I do the assisted shops, cashier observations etc (There is probabally more to it that what I do, but it seems like I do too much for my current job description :P)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Why would they pay you to be a team leader when you're doing it for free :woo: that's what happened on my shift anyway lol.

Manager is getting much better though. I think a couple of people had a go at them and they have really made an effort which is nice :yep:

ReputationRep:
    There's a job going around my area (well there's three) but i've applied for one and can't for some reason apply for all three which is a shame.. hopefully i'll get this job as the store is really close to me (less then 05-10 minutes walk) and i could do with the money, suprisingly the store is advertising as permenant so i presume its just a general permenant job rather then temporary over the christmas period.. suits me fine i'll even do overtime if needed tbh.

Here's hoping i get a reply back!

btw how long does it take for them to reply back?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm back in this thread for a quick question.

I left Sainos in March after working there for 4 months, and now need a reference so I can get a job at uni. How do I go about this - is it central HR or store HR that I have to speak to?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by miml)
    Hey, I'm back in this thread for a quick question.

I left Sainos in March after working there for 4 months, and now need a reference so I can get a job at uni. How do I go about this - is it central HR or store HR that I have to speak to?
    I would just put down the name of your manager/a team leader & the address of the store. I thought they contact them, anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Payday tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triiden)
    Payday tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Is it? My god where has the month gone
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    it's payday tomorrow and there's nothing i wanna buy hahah. just have to pay for a course and my rent/council tax and that's it. goodbye £500 lol.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info!

ReputationRep:
    I went in today to do overtime, but left after an hour because I felt so ill. I'm working tomorrow and saturday, and I really don't want to miss them because it's only my 4th week My throat is killing me and I think my glands are probably swollen and I can't get a doctors appointment til tuesday :mad: I was told at induction not to take time off in the first 4 weeks =\

ReputationRep:
    I think I got underpaid by a week but I'm not so sure, it's confusing working it out. My first payday was last month and I got paid for the days I worked right up until the deadline and then I assumed the week you work after the deadline up until the next deadline you are paid for, which should be 4 weeks worth, am I right?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.