Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do stores actually get a fine from Trading Standards if we trade for more than 6 hours on a Sunday. It was mega busy and we "over-traded" by about 10 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    By over trade you mean to 6 hours 10 minutes? No..up to 6 hours 30 minutes will go unnoticed. Its an unusual week if we aren't still trading at 4.15
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    it's nearly pay day :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otu1987)
    By over trade you mean to 6 hours 10 minutes? No..up to 6 hours 30 minutes will go unnoticed. Its an unusual week if we aren't still trading at 4.15
    6 hours 40 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    I have a job interview... at Sainsbury's... again...

For team leader though :P

ReputationRep:
    I've recently applied (and successfully) got an interview. Its tomorrow, so does anyone have any tips for the interview?

It's a brand new store which isn't open yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    I have a job interview... at Sainsbury's... again...

For team leader though :P
    I always thought you were a team leader.

Best of luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dontdothatagain)
    I've recently applied (and successfully) got an interview. Its tomorrow, so does anyone have any tips for the interview?

It's a brand new store which isn't open yet.

I had an interview on Friday for a new store? Which store is it and what position you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuvyLauren)
    I had an interview on Friday for a new store? Which store is it and what position you apply for?
    Its the Hawick store, and a General Assistant. Which store did you apply for and how did it go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyle_y)
    I always thought you were a team leader.

Best of luck anyway!
    I basically am a team leader, but I don't get paid to be one. I do the assisted shops, cashier observations etc (There is probabally more to it that what I do, but it seems like I do too much for my current job description :P)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Why would they pay you to be a team leader when you're doing it for free :woo: that's what happened on my shift anyway lol.

Manager is getting much better though. I think a couple of people had a go at them and they have really made an effort which is nice :yep:

ReputationRep:
    There's a job going around my area (well there's three) but i've applied for one and can't for some reason apply for all three which is a shame.. hopefully i'll get this job as the store is really close to me (less then 05-10 minutes walk) and i could do with the money, suprisingly the store is advertising as permenant so i presume its just a general permenant job rather then temporary over the christmas period.. suits me fine i'll even do overtime if needed tbh.

Here's hoping i get a reply back!

btw how long does it take for them to reply back?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm back in this thread for a quick question.

I left Sainos in March after working there for 4 months, and now need a reference so I can get a job at uni. How do I go about this - is it central HR or store HR that I have to speak to?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by miml)
    Hey, I'm back in this thread for a quick question.

I left Sainos in March after working there for 4 months, and now need a reference so I can get a job at uni. How do I go about this - is it central HR or store HR that I have to speak to?
    I would just put down the name of your manager/a team leader & the address of the store. I thought they contact them, anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Payday tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triiden)
    Payday tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Is it? My god where has the month gone
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    it's payday tomorrow and there's nothing i wanna buy hahah. just have to pay for a course and my rent/council tax and that's it. goodbye £500 lol.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info!

ReputationRep:
    I went in today to do overtime, but left after an hour because I felt so ill. I'm working tomorrow and saturday, and I really don't want to miss them because it's only my 4th week My throat is killing me and I think my glands are probably swollen and I can't get a doctors appointment til tuesday :mad: I was told at induction not to take time off in the first 4 weeks =\

ReputationRep:
    I think I got underpaid by a week but I'm not so sure, it's confusing working it out. My first payday was last month and I got paid for the days I worked right up until the deadline and then I assumed the week you work after the deadline up until the next deadline you are paid for, which should be 4 weeks worth, am I right?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.