Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by odris)
    I think I got underpaid by a week but I'm not so sure, it's confusing working it out. My first payday was last month and I got paid for the days I worked right up until the deadline and then I assumed the week you work after the deadline up until the next deadline you are paid for, which should be 4 weeks worth, am I right?
    yes 4 weeks worth. why do you think you were underpaid?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm doing one of my booklets and was hoping you could help me with a question...
    'What is the impact to the cafe scorecard if wastage is not recorded correctly?'

Can you also tell me what affects the store scorecard?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I'm doing one of my booklets and was hoping you could help me with a question...
    'What is the impact to the cafe scorecard if wastage is not recorded correctly?'

Can you also tell me what affects the store scorecard?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Well for the third time in as many shifts for the Police have made another appearance at my store, this time arresting a man on the shop floor very close to where I was on the tills. Will be on name terms with the Officers soon enough at this rate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    Well for the third time in as many shifts for the Police have made another appearance at my store, this time arresting a man on the shop floor very close to where I was on the tills. Will be on name terms with the Officers soon enough at this rate...
    When we call the police 9 times out of 10, it tends to be a police officer that used to be a checkout supervisor in that very store, so we are on first name terms :P
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :party: pay day!!! :party:

ReputationRep:
    Hey I was wondering if I could get some advice. Basically I work for a Sainsbury's at home but I'm moving on uni soon. I was originally planning to go home at the weekends and work until I could find a new job at uni [not too far away but far enough] however I've just started looking for jobs and I'd forgotten how tiresome and hard it was just to find this job a year ago was. I did as my line manager about perhaps transferring but she kinda gave the impression it was too late. Would it be worth asking HR for a transfer at all? I have a feeling I've left it too late but thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    yes 4 weeks worth. why do you think you were underpaid?
    Worked it out but it was confusing since I do 3 days a week but I'm only contracted to do 2 so the other 1 day a week shows as overtime and I had 12 hours overtime from last month carried forward to this month yet I'm £70 short.

I do 3 days a week, all 9 hour shifts, 8 hours paid. 2 are basic pay so I added up 8 days worth which is 64 hours yet they only paid me 48 hours. I got 31.25 hours of overtime paid and that works out as just under 4 days worth but I stayed behind 3 hours and 20mins a few Sundays ago to help out. So it's really confusing me how it's worked out.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by odris)
    Worked it out but it was confusing since I do 3 days a week but I'm only contracted to do 2 so the other 1 day a week shows as overtime and I had 12 hours overtime from last month carried forward to this month yet I'm £70 short.

I do 3 days a week, all 9 hour shifts, 8 hours paid. 2 are basic pay so I added up 8 days worth which is 64 hours yet they only paid me 48 hours. I got 31.25 hours of overtime paid and that works out as just under 4 days worth but I stayed behind 3 hours and 20mins a few Sundays ago to help out. So it's really confusing me how it's worked out.
    are they authorised shifts? cos the 3 hours and 20 mins, if it wasn't agreed as overtime, won't be paid for... or that's how i understand it works anyway. noone on our shift will say longer than 5 mins after 7am cos we don't get paid anything for it...!

maybe go and ask your hr to explain it to you and see if there's any mistakes in it

ReputationRep:
    I have been invited to interview at Sainsburys and my interview is next week! :woo: So two questions, what should I expect at the interview and also once the interview has finished how long should you expect to wait until you hear a decision?

ReputationRep:
    What store is it for and what position?
    You have an hour of tests with four parts to it, then 5-10 minute interview, the only question asked in the interview was why do u want to work for sainsburys? then really general stuff like can you work the hours advertised?
    I had my interview last Friday and was told today i got the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuvyLauren)
    What store is it for and what position?
    You have an hour of tests with four parts to it, then 5-10 minute interview, the only question asked in the interview was why do u want to work for sainsburys? then really general stuff like can you work the hours advertised?
    I had my interview last Friday and was told today i got the job.
    Congratulations! It's for a general assistant. So what are the tests like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1platinum)
    Congratulations! It's for a general assistant. So what are the tests like?
    Someone else could probably answer it in more detail: but it's a basic test, there is a section very similar to the questions you probably answered when applying online for the job, they are not the same questions, they are just the same style of questions. Like 'what would you do in this situation?'. There is also a section to test your maths skills, they are very basic though so don't worry about it. And they are also multiple choice, so you can choose from 4 answers already provided.

I have a question for those who already work at Sainsbury's. I got offered a job as a customer service assistant last week, and I have my two induction days this monday and tuesday? Can someone give me advice on what sort of things they will teach me on those days? The lady on the phone said they will be from 8 in the morning untill 5 in the evening, so quite long days.

Also, what is the standard hourly pay for a 17 year old working as a customer service assistant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir_Malc)
    Someone else could probably answer it in more detail: but it's a basic test, there is a section very similar to the questions you probably answered when applying online for the job, they are not the same questions, they are just the same style of questions. Like 'what would you do in this situation?'. There is also a section to test your maths skills, they are very basic though so don't worry about it. And they are also multiple choice, so you can choose from 4 answers already provided.

I have a question for those who already work at Sainsbury's. I got offered a job as a customer service assistant last week, and I have my two induction days this monday and tuesday? Can someone give me advice on what sort of things they will teach me on those days? The lady on the phone said they will be from 8 in the morning untill 5 in the evening, so quite long days.

Also, what is the standard hourly pay for a 17 year old working as a customer service assistant?
    Thanks for the reply. Are the tests timed?

Hmm.. I think for a 17 year old the pay would be around the region of £4.76 per hour. It states the under 18 pay for certain jobs on the recruitment website so you could have a look on there.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper

Three words: Health And Safety.

It's dull, but it has to be done. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    On the job application that I am hired for, it says £6.44 for over 18's. I will be 18 in January, do you think when I finish my 12 weeks probation period and turn 18, my pay would increase to the full amount?

ReputationRep:
    On the job application that I am hired for, it says £6.44 for over 18's. I will be 18 in January, do you think when I finish my 12 weeks probation period and turn 18, my pay would increase to the full amount?
    Yes it will go up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Yes it will go up.
    Cheers Foulish.

ReputationRep:
    Regarding night shift, do you always work on the same section or do you get switched around each night? Plus can someone tell me what a whole night shift contains like do they give you an aisle to replenish etc...?

ReputationRep:
    Hii....I've got an interview for sainsburys on wednesday for a general assistant role. just wondering what to expect in it.....?
    thank-u for any help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.