Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else work in the bakey and finding that the new design labels are breaking the PLU machines? It's doing something to the ink so its fading and eventually not working at all. It happened to one machine this weekend, and now it's happening to the other. I don't know what would happen if both stopped working... nothing would get labelled that's for sure :P

The past 5 days have been a nightmare. We ran out of cookies, taste the difference wrap and trying to introduce the new lines when no one knows what anything is, we don't have the correct packaging and no spare shelf space. Nightmare. So glad I'm off tomorrow. I never want to see another cookie or muffin again. Can't wait until that offer is over.

ReputationRep:
    lol the joys of new lines, a nightmare in a department with slow selling lines. student seasonal went in last sunday, and all the back 2 school stuff that was on those 6 bays are scattered around the shop, some on ladders racks, 3 different checkout hotspots, in stationary aisle where we have out of stocks, on gm plinth and in the back 2 school clearance that they kindly allowed which turns into halloween on tuesday.

but it is all fun since christmas is near

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how much the London premium pay is, and how far out of London you have to be before they stop paying it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Writer14)
    Does anyone know how much the London premium pay is, and how far out of London you have to be before they stop paying it?
    I assumed London was considered within the M25 by Sainsbury's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unclerachel)
    Anyone else work in the bakey and finding that the new design labels are breaking the PLU machines? It's doing something to the ink so its fading and eventually not working at all. It happened to one machine this weekend, and now it's happening to the other. I don't know what would happen if both stopped working... nothing would get labelled that's for sure :P
    I'm not in bakery but down at checkouts, and a lot of the labels don't have barcodes printed properly on them, so they don't scan through. A lot of them seem to be faint too, so I assume sainsbury's didn't test them before rolling them out!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i like the new TTD packaging, ithink it looks a lot better than the old packaging.

loving the cookie offer though, night shifters are currently surviving on cookies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    I'm not in bakery but down at checkouts, and a lot of the labels don't have barcodes printed properly on them, so they don't scan through. A lot of them seem to be faint too, so I assume sainsbury's didn't test them before rolling them out!
    They probabally did test them, but on machines that rarely get used. :P

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have a question...
    I've been working at Sainsbury's for a month and I have seen on the website that there's a job in a store which is closer to me. I want to apply but can't seem to on my account online. Anyone know what I need to do?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by violentred)
    Hey, I have a question...
    I've been working at Sainsbury's for a month and I have seen on the website that there's a job in a store which is closer to me. I want to apply but can't seem to on my account online. Anyone know what I need to do?
    Ask HR if it's possible to transfer. But people in my store have had more luck contacting the store they want to go to rather than our HR which just says there's no vacancies even if there is...

ReputationRep:
    failed the online test

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a frequently asked question but has anyone worked as a online shopper? If so what is the job like? How was the interview etc?

ReputationRep:
    I heard the online shopper role just consist of going onto the shop floor and scanning the items which are needed, loading them into a basket and stacking them up on top of eachother ready to be put into the van and delivered.

My question is, i've recently got a job at sainsburys on the produce department (GOD DAMN THE CHECKOUT TRAINING) and was wondering when did you all get your uniform? I start work there this friday and he woman said I should pick it up b4 i come in that day, unusual? What should i expect from my first day, shadowing some1? PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT IM SORT OF WORRYING :eek3:

(Original post by DaSilva)
    I know this is a frequently asked question but has anyone worked as a online shopper? If so what is the job like? How was the interview etc?
    You walk around with a handset that tells you what to pick, you pick it, scan it, scan it to a box, then rinse and repeat. Very easy, time goes surprisingly quick too.

I don't know about the interview. I've been doing it since before the DVD test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soapfan18)
    Hii....I've got an interview for sainsburys on wednesday for a general assistant role. just wondering what to expect in it.....?
    thank-u for any help
    anyone help....???

(Original post by Soapfan18)
    anyone help....???
    That question has probably been answered five times in the last 10 pages.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by OCade)
    My question is, i've recently got a job at sainsburys on the produce department (GOD DAMN THE CHECKOUT TRAINING) and was wondering when did you all get your uniform? I start work there this friday and he woman said I should pick it up b4 i come in that day, unusual? What should i expect from my first day, shadowing some1? PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT IM SORT OF WORRYING :eek3:
    Have you had your induction yet? cos you should get it during induction. A lot of our new starts haven't been able to get jackets though so I would definitely go and get it before you start work, just go to HR and ask.

You'll probably be working with someone for the first few shifts, they're show you what to do and all that. I however was chucked on my own. Every other new starter got osmeone to work with. I am still incredibly bitter about this! lol. I don't work on produce though.

Speaking of produce we had to work it for a little bit last week because we'd finished all our work. Never again thank you, far too heavy for me.

(Original post by OCade)
    You won't really be 'shadowing' someone. They'll give you the basic jist of what to do and then you'll probably be expected to do it on your own. There isn't time to mess around on produce in the mornings and it's quite simple stuff.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    You won't really be 'shadowing' someone. They'll give you the basic jist of what to do and then you'll probably be expected to do it on your own. There isn't time to mess around on produce in the mornings and it's quite simple stuff.
    We only seem to have a couple of produce people, they just get on with it really!

ReputationRep:
    I started working on produce 2 months ago. What will happen is on your first day, a Friday, if it's the same size as my store it requires 2 people on Friday so it will probably be 2 people and you and you will follow them round and they'll inform you on stuff like how to rotate stock and other little tips for you. Then maybe on your 3rd or 4th day they will let you get on with it and see if you can handle it. I'm liking it so far but as inksplodge said it is heavy work but the good thing is you're hardly ever bored as there's always potatoes to restock or stuff in the chiller to get out on the shop floor. If you have any more questions then just ask.

ReputationRep:
    Had my last day at Sainsburys today, had to be signed off cos I'm going to uni and there were no dual store positions in all of Sheffield ffs! Maybe be back at Christmas, in which case I might get another hamper of Sainsburys goods

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.