Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Uh Oh! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...res-7-caf.html
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    gawd, I always said Sainsbury's was a deathtrap! poor people

ReputationRep:
    haha we saw that on the news earlier just as our coffee machine and vending machines were being replaced by fancy shiny new ones :P:

ReputationRep:
    Thats what we were thinking, we had the new machines a week ago and we thought ours would go! It was the customer cafe however, so they're safe haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Thats what we were thinking, we had the new machines a week ago and we thought ours would go! It was the customer cafe however, so they're safe haha!
    We have had new machines too!

I wish our store could have an evacuation Always a goood time to sit around and have a chat, and then moan about how many returns we have to do xD

ReputationRep:
    haha thanks for the replies this site is very useful, 294pages later im quite happy cos im only working Friday 6pm - 10pm, Saturday 2pm - 6pm and Sunday 1pm - 5pm. Then off to uni on a monday and travelling back home on a friday ehhh. could get tiring. haha, may be a stupid question but how do you know what stock needs replenishing? isit from looking or is there a list of what needs to be put out daily?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by OCade)
    haha thanks for the replies this site is very useful, 294pages later im quite happy cos im only working Friday 6pm - 10pm, Saturday 2pm - 6pm and Sunday 1pm - 5pm. Then off to uni on a monday and travelling back home on a friday ehhh. could get tiring. haha, may be a stupid question but how do you know what stock needs replenishing? isit from looking or is there a list of what needs to be put out daily?
    Normally you get a delivery and you're expected to work it. Obviously not all of it will go on the shelves but... My advice: try and get as much of it out as possible because of the MAC. I don't know what stores policy is on splitting cases but I do it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    If you think it will go out without overflowing then get it out. You don't want to be left with 6 pallets of overs that you have to break down in the back by yourself.

ReputationRep:
    :woo: I have an interview this week! Woo!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by odris)
    If you think it will go out without overflowing then get it out. You don't want to be left with 6 pallets of overs that you have to break down in the back by yourself.
    If you work H&B often, you definitely don't want a lot of overs! Tagging that *** is PAINFUL

ReputationRep:
    Does Sainsburys staff have to pay for parking? How does this work if you are at work for eg 8 hours?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by generaldonado)
    Does Sainsburys staff have to pay for parking? How does this work if you are at work for eg 8 hours?
    All the staff at my store have a little orange sticker on the mirror so they don't pay.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I had my two induction days monday and tuesday just gone, all went well.

I have two more days of till training I think next monday and tuesday from 10am till 7 pm. Any advice or info on what sort of things i'll do on those days, is it particularily hard? (I've never worked on a till before)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    i like the new TTD packaging, ithink it looks a lot better than the old packaging.

loving the cookie offer though, night shifters are currently surviving on cookies...
    I hate the cookie offer. 8 racks of those things I had to pack today, and they all went out before 4pm! We usually get one every two days. Bring on a week on Tuesday I say :woo: But I bet that's when we bring in mince pies. ugh.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    mince pies packs = HEAVY. bloody hate them things!!

ReputationRep:
    Interview getting closer... it's on Friday!!!

ReputationRep:
    Doing 20 hours this week including overtime so getting in the good books and I've not even been here for a month so fingers crossed everything will continue to run smoothly.
    Will need to actually get myself a Nectar card at some point...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1platinum)
    Interview getting closer... it's on Friday!!!
    I have an interview on Friday too! Before my shift. I wonder if I will get paid for it

I don't have the guts to ask, since I actually want the job :P

ReputationRep:
    Getting trained to do Kiosk and haven't even been here a month. I've been getting plenty of overtime so I think I'm doing quite well at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    Getting trained to do Kiosk and haven't even been here a month. I've been getting plenty of overtime so I think I'm doing quite well at the moment.
    They trained me in Kiosk on my second Shift. Other than having to ID more people and deal with the inevitable abuse its much better than normal checkouts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.