Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    They trained me in Kiosk on my second Shift. Other than having to ID more people and deal with the inevitable abuse its much better than normal checkouts.
    Awk, there was me thinking I was doing quite good there! :p:

Checkouts have been ok for me so far. Been blocking out the time on the screen and the shifts have been going in quicker but I've enjoyed it. I reckon my opinion will drastically changing during Christmas though...

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah when the store if freezing and you cant run about to keep warm.

ReputationRep:
    I start my induction this weekend for counter assistant. I have just started college, so will my hours be adjusted at the induction or will i have to wait for the hours to be adjusted resulting in starting later? What will i be doing as a counter assistant?

ReputationRep:
    Just had my interview, fingers crossed from here on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Just had my interview, fingers crossed from here on!
    I had mine too this morning!! :woo: How did yours go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1platinum)
    I had mine too this morning!! :woo: How did yours go?
    I think it went okay, My friend had an interview at Tesco yesterday, and they asked him loads of difficult questions like "Have you ever had a team member not putting in the same effort as others in the team" or "have you ever felt you've let someone down"

So I had prepared loads of good answers to those 'difficult interview questions' and in my interview, he never asked them!!!

Got caught out by those 83p bottles of shampoo but got it right eventually hehe

Good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    I think it went okay, My friend had an interview at Tesco yesterday, and they asked him loads of difficult questions like "Have you ever had a team member not putting in the same effort as others in the team" or "have you ever felt you've let someone down"

So I had prepared loads of good answers to those 'difficult interview questions' and in my interview, he never asked them!!!

Good luck to you!
    Yes that question was difficult, but I think I got all the maths questions right! :woo:

(Original post by jbrice92)
    I start my induction this weekend for counter assistant. I have just started college, so will my hours be adjusted at the induction or will i have to wait for the hours to be adjusted resulting in starting later? What will i be doing as a counter assistant?
    The earlier you ask about your hours, the better. You won't necessarily be able to get them changed straight away though.

As a counter assistant you'll set up the counters in the morning, serve and clean during the day, and clear up in the evening.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this has already been answered, on sunday i am doing a 8:30 - 4:30 an 8 hour shift. Am I entitled to a lunch break?

ReputationRep:
    No. Just 2x15 minute breaks which is why I go in at 7 on a Sunday as it means I get my lunch hour and plus get everything set up before the shop opens at 10.

ReputationRep:

Good luck to you!
    Haha same

ReputationRep:
    Joining the thread as a newbie to the sainsburys customer service department

ReputationRep:
    Just sent my application through online recruitment. Fingers crossed :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo... got the team leader job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Woohoo... got the team leader job
    Well done!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    our store is so cold. i could barely move last night because of it, my joints were so stiff... urgh

Yeah, this morning I actually had to put on my fleece in the 'cold' side of the store. It's not even winter yet.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    Yeah, this morning I actually had to put on my fleece in the 'cold' side of the store. It's not even winter yet.
    you don't normally wear a fleece? i always have to wear mine, and gloves as well. everyone has clothes underneath their clothes cos its cold and some people have the sburys jumpers under the fleeces!

(Original post by inksplodge)
    you don't normally wear a fleece? i always have to wear mine, and gloves as well. everyone has clothes underneath their clothes cos its cold and some people have the sburys jumpers under the fleeces!
    Nah, I have a long sleeve polo with white t-shirt underneath. Since I work in all parts of the store it gives me the best of all worlds, so to speak. It means I don't have to keep taking me fleece off and putting it on again as I go around the store. This morning the cold bit was too cold though.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    Nah, I have a long sleeve polo with white t-shirt underneath. Since I work in all parts of the store it gives me the best of all worlds, so to speak. It means I don't have to keep taking me fleece off and putting it on again as I go around the store. This morning the cold bit was too cold though.
    ah! i got myself a long sleeved polo too, its a bit big but ohwell. guess i can layer underneath

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.