Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    good luck getting anything other than SSP :rolleyes: which from what my colleagues got equated to £1 an hour. lol

ReputationRep:
    Blah heard nothing today, Maybe tomorrow! I think if I've heard nothing by Monday I will phone the HR dept and just ask I'm worried about building my hopes up, it has been a week of rejections for everyone in my house this week!

When I signed in the visitors book and got my visitors badge, I had a quick peep and no one else had been in for an interview that entire day (it was 2pm by the time I left), how many people do they actually interview per vacancy? Or does it depend on the store?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Blah heard nothing today, Maybe tomorrow! I think if I've heard nothing by Monday I will phone the HR dept and just ask I'm worried about building my hopes up, it has been a week of rejections for everyone in my house this week!

When I signed in the visitors book and got my visitors badge, I had a quick peep and no one else had been in for an interview that entire day (it was 2pm by the time I left), how many people do they actually interview per vacancy? Or does it depend on the store?
    Two, apparently!

When did you have your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Two, apparently!

When did you have your interview?
    I only had it on Friday the 17th, so it's still early days yet... :o: assuming the weekend didn't count.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    I only had it on Friday the 17th, so it's still early days yet... :o: assuming the weekend didn't count.
    Well when I had my interview I heard a couple of days after and they rang quite late, I think it was about 5pm. So give it a couple more days!

ReputationRep:
    Just transferred to Torquay........rock on

ReputationRep:
    All the Checkouts crashed completely tonight and nobody could pay by card either.
    I lol'd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    All the Checkouts crashed completely tonight and nobody could pay by card either.
    I lol'd.
    That happens quite often in my store - say once every 3/4 months Barclay cards will get declined.

ReputationRep:
    Our power cut out yesterday, but all of the tills survived, its just the lights that went out. Was quite odd, don't know what caused it!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    lol they wont keep the lights on at night for us. the lights are actually really affecting my eye sight now I can't see!

dear sainsbury's, please hire more staff for night shift. yours, inksplodge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    lol they wont keep the lights on at night for us. the lights are actually really affecting my eye sight now I can't see!

dear sainsbury's, please hire more staff for night shift. yours, inksplodge
    Never going to happen

I went to the Sainsbury's conference at the NEC last Wednesday... Olly Murs performed

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday afternoon i applied for the online shopper position at my local Sainsburys. This morning i recieve a text but my mobile phone crashed out on me and i couldnt see the text. I just wanted to know do Sainsburys send texts out to arrange a interview? Also for the online shopper position would i have to do this DVD thingy and what is it about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaSilva)
    Yesterday afternoon i applied for the online shopper position at my local Sainsburys. This morning i recieve a text but my mobile phone crashed out on me and i couldnt see the text. I just wanted to know do Sainsburys send texts out to arrange a interview? Also for the online shopper position would i have to do this DVD thingy and what is it about?
    I think the online application system shows all correspondence. If not just ring up the recruitment line and they'll be able to tell you what it said.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I worked for Sainsburys for about 4 years a few years ago. I stopped working for them because I started Uni. I kinda regret not working for them now as I really need the money.

Thing is when I left am not sure weather they completely struck me off the list or placed my name to one side. The last time I worked for them was xmas 2008 when I helped them over the festival period. Ever since I've not been back (I didn't actually tell them I wanted to quit).

If I wanted to work for Sainsburys again would I need to apply from scratch again?

Thanks

(Original post by Negotiator)
    Hi guys. I worked for Sainsburys for about 4 years a few years ago. I stopped working for them because I started Uni. I kinda regret not working for them now as I really need the money.

Thing is when I left am not sure weather they completely struck me off the list or placed my name to one side. The last time I worked for them was xmas 2008 when I helped them over the festival period. Ever since I've not been back (I didn't actually tell them I wanted to quit).

If I wanted to work for Sainsburys again would I need to apply from scratch again?

Thanks
    Phone the old store and see if they still have you down on the books. If not then yeah, you'll need to re-apply online.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.

I started working properly at Sainsbury's this week working on the checkouts, and I had a quick question about authorising products like alcohol.

I am only 17 years old and I know that I have to get authorisation from a supervisor if I want to process the sale of alcohol (providing they are over 18), but do I also need to get authorisation when selling products that are under my age, like paracetomol, or a 15 rated DVD/game?

ReputationRep:
    YESSSS! Got the job! Induction this weekend!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo:

this has been the besterest day evar!

ReputationRep:
    Hi hope you don't mind me askin but did you receive an email or a phone call to say you had job, i went for interview on Monday and keeping my finger crossed!!

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email saying I had "successfully enrolled in the induction", which is a bit of a strange way of saying I got the job :P I hope!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that. when i went on Monday i did the DVD test on my own! 2 people were just comin out as i went in. then the 1:1 interview (which i did before the DVD)was the bloke from the bakery in his white outifit - including hat!! very informal. he just asked when would i be available, what hours could i work, what size i was for uniform and did i have a bank account. and after each question he kept saying " if you get the job". didn't ask why i wanted to work there or what can you bring to us, or tell me about yourself or any of the usual 1:1 questions. so i am just keeping my fingers crossed.

Well done for getting the job:woo:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.