The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

good luck getting anything other than SSP :rolleyes: which from what my colleagues got equated to £1 an hour. lol
Blah heard nothing today, Maybe tomorrow! I think if I've heard nothing by Monday I will phone the HR dept and just ask :frown: I'm worried about building my hopes up, it has been a week of rejections for everyone in my house this week!

When I signed in the visitors book and got my visitors badge, I had a quick peep and no one else had been in for an interview that entire day (it was 2pm by the time I left), how many people do they actually interview per vacancy? Or does it depend on the store?
screenager2004
Blah heard nothing today, Maybe tomorrow! I think if I've heard nothing by Monday I will phone the HR dept and just ask :frown: I'm worried about building my hopes up, it has been a week of rejections for everyone in my house this week!

When I signed in the visitors book and got my visitors badge, I had a quick peep and no one else had been in for an interview that entire day (it was 2pm by the time I left), how many people do they actually interview per vacancy? Or does it depend on the store?

Two, apparently!

When did you have your interview?
inksplodge
Two, apparently!

When did you have your interview?

I only had it on Friday the 17th, so it's still early days yet... :o: assuming the weekend didn't count.
screenager2004
I only had it on Friday the 17th, so it's still early days yet... :o: assuming the weekend didn't count.

Well when I had my interview I heard a couple of days after and they rang quite late, I think it was about 5pm. So give it a couple more days!
Reply 5925
Just transferred to Torquay........rock on
All the Checkouts crashed completely tonight and nobody could pay by card either.
I lol'd.
Reply 5927
Schumacher
All the Checkouts crashed completely tonight and nobody could pay by card either.
I lol'd.

That happens quite often in my store - say once every 3/4 months Barclay cards will get declined.
Reply 5928
Our power cut out yesterday, but all of the tills survived, its just the lights that went out. Was quite odd, don't know what caused it!
lol they wont keep the lights on at night for us. the lights are actually really affecting my eye sight now I can't see! :s-smilie:

dear sainsbury's, please hire more staff for night shift. yours, inksplodge
Reply 5930
inksplodge
lol they wont keep the lights on at night for us. the lights are actually really affecting my eye sight now I can't see! :s-smilie:

dear sainsbury's, please hire more staff for night shift. yours, inksplodge

Never going to happen :smile:

I went to the Sainsbury's conference at the NEC last Wednesday... Olly Murs performed :smile:
Reply 5931
Yesterday afternoon i applied for the online shopper position at my local Sainsburys. This morning i recieve a text but my mobile phone crashed out on me and i couldnt see the text. I just wanted to know do Sainsburys send texts out to arrange a interview? Also for the online shopper position would i have to do this DVD thingy and what is it about?
Reply 5932
DaSilva
Yesterday afternoon i applied for the online shopper position at my local Sainsburys. This morning i recieve a text but my mobile phone crashed out on me and i couldnt see the text. I just wanted to know do Sainsburys send texts out to arrange a interview? Also for the online shopper position would i have to do this DVD thingy and what is it about?

I think the online application system shows all correspondence. If not just ring up the recruitment line and they'll be able to tell you what it said.
Hi guys. I worked for Sainsburys for about 4 years a few years ago. I stopped working for them because I started Uni. I kinda regret not working for them now as I really need the money. :biggrin:

Thing is when I left am not sure weather they completely struck me off the list or placed my name to one side. The last time I worked for them was xmas 2008 when I helped them over the festival period. Ever since I've not been back (I didn't actually tell them I wanted to quit).

If I wanted to work for Sainsburys again would I need to apply from scratch again?

Thanks
Reply 5934
Negotiator
Hi guys. I worked for Sainsburys for about 4 years a few years ago. I stopped working for them because I started Uni. I kinda regret not working for them now as I really need the money. :biggrin:

Thing is when I left am not sure weather they completely struck me off the list or placed my name to one side. The last time I worked for them was xmas 2008 when I helped them over the festival period. Ever since I've not been back (I didn't actually tell them I wanted to quit).

If I wanted to work for Sainsburys again would I need to apply from scratch again?

Thanks

Phone the old store and see if they still have you down on the books. If not then yeah, you'll need to re-apply online.
Hi everyone.

I started working properly at Sainsbury's this week working on the checkouts, and I had a quick question about authorising products like alcohol.

I am only 17 years old and I know that I have to get authorisation from a supervisor if I want to process the sale of alcohol (providing they are over 18), but do I also need to get authorisation when selling products that are under my age, like paracetomol, or a 15 rated DVD/game?
YESSSS! Got the job! Induction this weekend!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo:

this has been the besterest day evar!
Reply 5937
Hi hope you don't mind me askin but did you receive an email or a phone call to say you had job, i went for interview on Monday and keeping my finger crossed!!

thanks
Just got an email saying I had "successfully enrolled in the induction", which is a bit of a strange way of saying I got the job :P I hope!
Reply 5939
thanks for that. when i went on Monday i did the DVD test on my own! 2 people were just comin out as i went in. then the 1:1 interview (which i did before the DVD)was the bloke from the bakery in his white outifit - including hat!! very informal. he just asked when would i be available, what hours could i work, what size i was for uniform and did i have a bank account. and after each question he kept saying " if you get the job". didn't ask why i wanted to work there or what can you bring to us, or tell me about yourself or any of the usual 1:1 questions. so i am just keeping my fingers crossed.

Well done for getting the job:woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending