Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by dbt110)
    Hi hope you don't mind me askin but did you receive an email or a phone call to say you had job, i went for interview on Monday and keeping my finger crossed!!

thanks
    I got a phonecall

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on getting the job, well done.

I also got a telephone call when I was told I was successful.

ReputationRep:
    So how's things in the world of Sainsbury's? If anybody remembers me, I left Sainsbury's... nearly 2 months ago! Don't miss it at all. I'm in a better place now :o:

Haha Australians can't work under the conditions Sainsbury's impose! They're tooooooooooo tight on everything. It's like chill the crap down you know?? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Think I'm handing my notice in tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    phoned up and confirmed my induction today! But when I was on the phone they said although I had been offered a job, it wasn't the General Assistant job I applied for, and instead they'd offered me another role as a Customer Service Assistant. Does that mean a new job suddenly came up? or perhaps they thought I was better suited to Customer Service rather than General Assistance? Not upset, just curious! I'm so excited to start This has been the best week!

ReputationRep:
    My interview tomorrow! I know it's a bit ahead but I was wondering with the induction do they do it on a day that suits you as I'm still at college so obviously not free not certain days...

ReputationRep:
    They choose the date for you because it's a long induction they need to put all the new employees in at the same time. So if you can't make it I'm not sure what will happen.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    yeah they generally put everyone in at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    I leave on the 4th of October ! Freeeedom

ReputationRep:
    Question: Those who have recently had interviews, or are to have interviews, did you apply via the recruitment website, or did you go into store to get an application form?

Only reason I am asking is because my Dad was talking to a customer at work and she graduated this year and is now working at Sainsburys, and she mentioned they are recruiting this month at that store. Now I've kept checking their site but I haven't seen any CSA type roles appear over the past six months at my local store. So i am wondering if they do put customer assistant roles on the website, or if they are like many other stores and simply want you to get an application form, fill it in and return it.

Thanks.

Pretty much all recruitment is handled via the website. The problem is there are so many people going for so few vacancies that they get filled very quickly (they are automatically removed from the site after a certain number of applications). The only recruitment that goes on in store that I've seen is at Christmas time when they're desperate for some extra hands stacking the shelves.

ReputationRep:
    Hi i emailed HR today to see if they could give me any idea as to when i would hear from them after having my interview last Monday. they sent me this reply

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have spoken to the store
    and they have advised me to tell you that they will be updating the
    system about the outcome of your interview this will be done tomorrow or
    Monday next week when the system has been updated this will send an
    alert to this office and then you receive a call or a text message about
    the outcome hope this helps

Don't know if this is a good or bad sign! I have heard a lot of people hear quite quickly so i am beginning to think i may not have got the job - or am i being too impatient!!!! Just want to hear if i have been successful.

ReputationRep:
    Rofl do you know what I love about this thread? The fact I'm about to ***** about my interview and they can't see :P

Well I got there about 10 mins early and they told me to sit in the staff canteen. I was with these 2 other people applying for different jobs, I was actually the only one that bothered to dress vaguely smartly - since when is shorts and a denim jacket suitable for a interview??! Lol! I also tried saying hello to one but they just totally blanked me :P We had the DVD which was in this little room on these 2 old looking sofas, the DVD itself was super easy - although I think I missed one of the errors as I actually wrote down the answer whilst the clip was still playing, ah well.

The interview itself was ok, he just asked me what I liked doing and then went through the roles and made me agree to a ton of things. He was looking at my breasts the whole time, but hey ho. I think the most embarrassing bit was he came outright and asked me my waist and dress size. Which I don't really know as I vary so much.

So I hope I do get it :P

ReputationRep:
    they ask everyone the uniform question

ReputationRep:
    Haha I knew that anyway I just don't like being asked
    Good luck with you're interview, sorry I haven't a clue but I'm sure they have everything sorted as they wouldn't advertise vacancies if they didn't <3

ReputationRep:
    Had my induction today Was really exciting! One girl fell asleep during the dvd though and started snoring though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Had my induction today Was really exciting! One girl fell asleep during the dvd though and started snoring though!
    Lmao!!!! Nice way to present yourself...I swear I recognised one of the actors on the DVD - I think she used to be in a CBeebies programme or something..

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, got my induction on 28th-30th September. Can anyone work out when I'll get paid for that please? I know there's a cut off point :woo:

ReputationRep:
    You'll get paid on the 8th October. The cut of day is Saturday 2nd October.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone seen these changes that are happening on checkouts?

Main ones that will affect most people is that you don't need dual control of money for float when outside of trading hours and on flight bags, you only need to write the till number. No date/time etc!

Other thing is scratch cards and 100 & 200 pkt cigarettes can now be left in the kiosk overnight! yay

Also there will be postage stamps in each till.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.