Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordOfTheIsles)
    You'll get paid on the 8th October. The cut of day is Saturday 2nd October.
    Excellent, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone who works at sainsbury's actually get the job? Their recruitment site never works for me! I can find a vacancy but then when I'm filling in my details, the page crashes :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleathiel)
    How did everyone who works at sainsbury's actually get the job? Their recruitment site never works for me! I can find a vacancy but then when I'm filling in my details, the page crashes :s:
    They recommend filling it in using internet explorer as apparently it doesn't crash on that. I know what you mean though, it took me about 3 times using Google Chrome. I just kept doing it until it didn't crash and in the end I didn't even have to re-type everything as it had already saved my details :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyMonkeyOpheliac)
    They recommend filling it in using internet explorer as apparently it doesn't crash on that. I know what you mean though, it took me about 3 times using Google Chrome. I just kept doing it until it didn't crash and in the end I didn't even have to re-type everything as it had already saved my details :P
    I'm on a mac and have tried safari and firefox. Will give google chrome a go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleathiel)
    How did everyone who works at sainsbury's actually get the job? Their recruitment site never works for me! I can find a vacancy but then when I'm filling in my details, the page crashes
    I applied for my job just before the Christmas rush and I spent 4 hours trying to fill in the form as it was so slow. I was pretty much ready to give up, but it occoured to me other people would be doing the same at this point so I thought I had a better chance at getting the job if I actusally finishsed the application form ^^

ReputationRep:
    It took me at least three attempts as the page kept crashing. Then I had to go back to the start and fill everything in again. I figured people might give up and so did it until I was successful. A day later, I was offered an interview so it paid off.

ReputationRep:
    It crashed twice for me when I filled out the online application. I reckon it's a test of patience they've intentionally added!

(I seem to recall it was the bit where you put in your address? There's a button called 'find address' and all it does is crash the page when you click on it, so in the end I just typed the address in and didn't click 'find', just went to the next page.)

Got checkout training tomorrow! Anyone got some handy tips of advice for me? :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i hate that taste the difference lemonade they let us try at the briefing. the cupcake thing was quite nice though. the paralympic badge is annoying, mine keeps spinning around

and air con is the root of all evil, everyone who works mornings has caught a horrendous bug

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    i hate that taste the difference lemonade they let us try at the briefing. the cupcake thing was quite nice though. the paralympic badge is annoying, mine keeps spinning around

and air con is the root of all evil, everyone who works mornings has caught a horrendous bug
    Apparently its part of MCM now to wear that badge - I don't know if that was my managers way of forcing people to wear it :P

ReputationRep:
    Long time lurker, first time poster

Just had my second day of induction at Sainsburys and they don't give you a lot of till training do they? I had 15 minutes watching someone before I was straight into it on a manically busy Sunday afternoon :eek3:
    Didn't go too badly except for someone trying to pay with a foreign credit card :P

Few qs: Who/where do I go to to book overtime?
    If I have an issue, Who should I talk to? I wasn't given a "buddy" so what part of management should I direct my problems/questions to?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beherenow94)
    Few qs: Who/where do I go to to book overtime?
    If I have an issue, Who should I talk to? I wasn't given a "buddy" so what part of management should I direct my problems/questions to?
    Thanks!
    Go to the checkout 'customer services' manager if you want anything to happen, same with the overtime although obviously they have to need overtime for you to get it

(Original post by Foulish)
    Apparently its part of MCM now to wear that badge - I don't know if that was my managers way of forcing people to wear it :P
    I've never seen or heard of these badges. I only wore my Think 25 one for a day (I never work on checkouts) :p:

ReputationRep:
    Other thing is scratch cards and 100 & 200 pkt cigarettes can now be left in the kiosk overnight! yay
    in my store all our cigs stay in the same place, the multipacks dont get moved. still there when i lift the shutters when i do the FOA in the morning.
    one thing about the mulyipacks though are RGIS like to open them in stock take, and the barcoides of the innerpacks are the same as the single retail packs. a nightmare to correct lol.

anyone in sainsburys sharesave scheme? i fancy joining but not sure how to, I got a leaflet a while ago and i cant find it.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone seen these changes that are happening on checkouts?

Main ones that will affect most people is that you don't need dual control of money for float when outside of trading hours and on flight bags, you only need to write the till number. No date/time etc!

Other thing is scratch cards and 100 & 200 pkt cigarettes can now be left in the kiosk overnight! yay

Also there will be postage stamps in each till.
    These kind of things seem to vary between stores rather than be a company wide thing. Ive worked in several stores and they have all had their own way of doing flights. One of them had a supervisor come round and do it :confused:, one let you do it yourself if it was full, another at the end of your shift. One wanted you to sign it, an other wanted your sign on number, some wanted the coupons taking to the supervisors desk, one wanted them to go up in the pod in a seperate bag...

The stamps thing varies too

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I found this thread when searching for interview questions at Sainsburys... I couldn't stop reading and think you guys are hilarious!

I got my interview on Tuesday, for Sun and Mon night shift from 21:00 til 08:00. Wish me luck, I'm in real need for a job!

At what times does the night shift premium apply? I suppose it doesn't cover my (potential) whole 11 hour shift, right?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larwen)
    Hey guys!

I found this thread when searching for interview questions at Sainsburys... I couldn't stop reading and think you guys are hilarious!

I got my interview on Tuesday, for Sun and Mon night shift from 21:00 til 08:00. Wish me luck, I'm in real need for a job!

At what times does the night shift premium apply? I suppose it doesn't cover my (potential) whole 11 hour shift, right?

Thanks
    Whereabouts are you being interviewed, if you don't mind me asking? Just because I have an interview on Tuesday too.

ReputationRep:
    Whereabouts are you being interviewed, if you don't mind me asking? Just because I have an interview on Tuesday too

Uh, just to make this quite clear, it's me who really needs the job! In Huddersfield, Shorehead. Is that where you are going as well? Same job?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Hey guys!

Thanks
    It'll apply for the whole shift. I have never heard of 11 hour night shifts before though. I do 10 and that's quite enough lol.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Also, I've always been under the impression they really want girls for night shift. Cos not many go for night shift jobs. Wish they did, I'm lonely lol

ReputationRep:
    Uh, just to make this quite clear, it's me who really needs the job! In Huddersfield, Shorehead. Is that where you are going as well? Same job?
    Lol. Trust me, I really need this job.

We are not applying for the same one.

Good luck for tomorrow.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.