The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
J4GGYBoss
lol i work at asda night shift for 8.50 an hour
Managers are great well some, but we all stick together and will put any manager in there place :P
breaks are 1 hour for my 8 hour shift paid
foods cheap
i work 3 days each month i pick up about 800
its good! but you just need to get faster, i can easily do my pallet of work now within 3-4 hours depending where i am before it would take all night but you do improve.
Plus you can have your earphones in listening to revision notes or what not :P.

can I ask how you got into this job? Was it advertised somewhere, or did you just go in and ask in store if they had any vacancies?
i just randomly applied after i downloaded the application form off the internet that sites got shut down now but you can always ask in store.
Seeing as Sainsburys is such a popular place to work the thread got too big! So here's a new one for all Sainsburys talk & questions. Just dont ask what the interview questions are as no one is allowed to say. See forum sticky top threads :woo:
I suppose this is as good a time as any to actually post in the thread then (I usually just read it). I've worked there since March on checkouts and I can't see why everyone hates it so much. But then I don't seem to ever get any frustrating customers. :smile:
nikki1810
I suppose this is as good a time as any to actually post in the thread then (I usually just read it). I've worked there since March on checkouts and I can't see why everyone hates it so much. But then I don't seem to ever get any frustrating customers. :smile:

I dont work on checkouts, i'm in online dept, so probably the easiest part, but I think its fine too :yes:
Reply 45
ramnaresh_2000
And no more checkouts for me too LOL I will be working in Admin after one month hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Sounds good! :eek: I'm soooo jealous! :o: I want your job :woo: LOL
Yaay! New Sainsbury's Thread! :biggrin:

Thanks Spazzy for creating it :smile:
Reply 47
Totally random and probally the most pointless stupid question EVER! - How can I get into the store to work, when its not open to the public? LOL
Reply 48
kkdonut
Totally random and probally the most pointless stupid question EVER! - How can I get into the store to work, when its not open to the public? LOL

Slide the automatic doors open.
kyle_y
Slide the automatic doors open.

Or use the back door..?
kkdonut

there should be another small entrance or escape exit or small door thats on the side of the building which you could go in.
Reply 51
WhereIsMyMind
Yaay! New Sainsbury's Thread! :biggrin:

Thanks Spazzy for creating it :smile:

Rep for your 'Cyanide and Happiness' spoiler. :rofl:
kkdonut

It's questions like this that mean the original (and the best:p: ) Sainsbury's thread smashed all the other supermarkets into oblivion.

Do they actually tell people anything?!:rolleyes: That company has a lot to thank TSR for:wink:
Master.K
Rep for your 'Cyanide and Happiness' spoiler. :rofl:

I'll be sure to Rep back soon :biggrin:
Reply 54
lol, well I've got to be in at 5.30am! and theres no other entrance except where the deliveries get dropped off and picked up, should have really asked this to be fair - but it just didnt occur to me at that moment in time - Should be fun :wink:
Reply 55
I love this thread :biggrin:
Reply 56
kkdonut
lol, well I've got to be in at 5.30am! and theres no other entrance except where the deliveries get dropped off and picked up, should have really asked this to be fair - but it just didnt occur to me at that moment in time - Should be fun :wink:

Ring the store and ask :biggrin:
BSJ
I love this thread :biggrin:

Me too! I :love: this thread!
Reply 58
kkdonut

They have people that work at night, one of those will have the door keys, simply knock on the front door - or whichever door people are nearest to and they will let you in.
kkdonut

We just bang on the front doors untill one of the night staff let us in, or ring the store and ask nights to come open it.

Latest

Trending

Trending