Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Larwen)
    How did it go?
    I was the only one there, dunno if that's supposed to be the case... If I don't get the job that'd be a real epic fail! :eek3:
    they won't interview two people for the same job at the same tmie :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    How did it go?
    I was the only one there, dunno if that's supposed to be the case... If I don't get the job that'd be a real epic fail! :eek3:
    It went okay thanks. I had the test thing with two other women and they found it really difficult, especially the maths section and the observations. One of them was still trying to answer the maths questions once the 45 minutes was up and the other had sat for for a good 10 minutes doing nothing as she hadn't realised the DVD had said to do the personality/values bit. They were both lovely people as we chatted before we went in but if they get the job and I don't, I think I will be upset lol.

The individual interview was good though and the guy was really friendly - helped put me at ease. Just got to wait to here now.

How did you find the test and everything?

ReputationRep:
    I still can't get their online form to work! Doesn't work on safari, firefox, google chrome and I downloaded internet explorer for mac but it won't work on that either At least I figured that it doesn't matter how much of the form I've filled in, it's usually the address and phone number section that brings up an error page.

Is all their recruitment seriously done online these days?

ReputationRep:
    yea recruitment is only online now.

looks like you may need to find a windows pc from the library or college/uni to apply

ReputationRep:
    I guess i should know this, as Ive been there over a year. But can you return sale items?

ReputationRep:
    i believe you can return anything aslong as it is accompanied with a receipt and not one of the following

fresh or frozen food unless they're off
    fireworks unless faulty
    food once fully eaten
    entertainment unless faulty
    probably some clothes too for hygiene reasons

oh don't quote me on that, i don't work on checkouts or customer services

ReputationRep:
    Yesssss I got the job:woo: :woo: , it only took them 9 days to get back to me:rolleyes: . rang them today but they said my hours will be different and just tryin to sort them out. hope they remember i still in
    6th form. i have an interview at Primark on Friday and need to know Sainsburys hours are suitable so i can cancel it.
    anyone know how long they take to sort your hours out?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just started back at University for my 2nd year and was wondering what people thought would be a good amount of hours to do at work considering I'm in Uni 5 days a week.

(Original post by odris)
    Just started back at University for my 2nd year and was wondering what people thought would be a good amount of hours to do at work considering I'm in Uni 5 days a week.
    I'm in my second year at university as well and I'm easily coping with 12 hours a week. You can't do any less without the store manager's permission as far as I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odris)
    The Independent did a study that said the average amount of hours a uni student did was 13.5 hours. My uni advises us not to do more than 16 hours per week otherwise it would interfere with your studies, but people do work more than that and still good grades. I suppose it depends on your course, and how much time you personally need for independent study and for relaxing

I've got 11 hours of lectures (3 hours a day Mon-Thur) and 12 hours at Sainsbury's on Fri and Sat. So it's worked out quite well I think Makes getting home a bit difficult though cause Sunday is my only day 'off' !

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing 20 hours right now which is Friday evening and all day Saturday and Sunday but I'm only on a 12 hour contract so might just ask to do 12-16 a week, hopefully he will allow it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    might have to phone in sick for the first time ever, iam so poorly.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few people who've recently applied have said Sainbury's has offered them different hours to those advertised. When I got to my interview on Tuesday, they had different hours written down to those I was told over the phone. If I get offered a job, is it likely that the hours will be different again?

Also, for those who have had their hours changed, have you maintained the same number of hours? The job I applied for was 12 hours and I think that is doable. I don't think I could do more hours during termtime. If they have changed the number of hours, did you have any opportunity to discuss it or did you just have to accept or reject their offer?

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    It went okay thanks. I had the test thing with two other women and they found it really difficult, especially the maths section and the observations. One of them was still trying to answer the maths questions once the 45 minutes was up and the other had sat for for a good 10 minutes doing nothing as she hadn't realised the DVD had said to do the personality/values bit. They were both lovely people as we chatted before we went in but if they get the job and I don't, I think I will be upset lol.

The individual interview was good though and the guy was really friendly - helped put me at ease. Just got to wait to here now.

How did you find the test and everything?

Oh and, in case any one is wondering, the Morecambe store opens on November 17th [the night I have tickets for Rocky Horror lol].
    I was offered the job today, so the test must have been alright! (Or Sainsburys was just really despearte for more staff... suits me!)

Have you heard back from your's yet?

The hours I was offered were the same I had applied for but dusring my interview with the manager he said that he will question 'my' hours because they never had a shift like that before...

I'm in y final year now and am working 30 hours per week. I've always worked during uni between 35 and 50 hours, but I CANNOT RECOMMEND THAT TO ANYONE!!! Looking back on it I think I must have been mad! A maximum of 20 hours would be reasonable, I think.

ReputationRep:
    good news sainsbury's hopefuls
    Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is to create up to 14,100 seasonal jobs to meet the high demand from customers over the busy Christmas and New Year period, it was announced today.
    http://www.theappointment.co.uk/news/?id=6248

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    i believe you can return anything aslong as it is accompanied with a receipt and not one of the following

fresh or frozen food unless they're off
    fireworks unless faulty
    food once fully eaten
    entertainment unless faulty
    probably some clothes too for hygiene reasons

oh don't quote me on that, i don't work on checkouts or customer services
    You can bring back knickers and bras.

Also to add to your list, you can't bring back baby food.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    you can bring back baby food/baby milk if the quality of it is bad (can you tell i work h&b all the time ... lol)

ReputationRep:
    I was offered the job today, so the test must have been alright! (Or Sainsburys was just really despearte for more staff... suits me!)

Have you heard back from your's yet?

The hours I was offered were the same I had applied for but dusring my interview with the manager he said that he will question 'my' hours because they never had a shift like that before...

I'm in y final year now and am working 30 hours per week. I've always worked during uni between 35 and 50 hours, but I CANNOT RECOMMEND THAT TO ANYONE!!! Looking back on it I think I must have been mad! A maximum of 20 hours would be reasonable, I think.
    Congratulations

How did they contact you?

I've not heard anything yet...

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

Have my Induction next Friday/Saturday for night shift GA 39 hours

Anyway just a quick question.. my contracted hours run from Tuesday - Saturday, while i begin work on the Tuesday after my induction?

Or will it be a thanks for completing your induction we will be back in touch with your start date?

Any help would be great.

ReputationRep:
    Start on Tuesday.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.