Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is that always the norm?

Just need to give my notice in at work and today would lead me up to next Friday which would be fine.

I assumed this would be the case, but have had a couple of jobs where actually starting properly was a week or so after induction strange but true!

You always start on the next shift in your contracted hours.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations

How did they contact you?

I've not heard anything yet...
    They got in touch by txt and email. Just like they did to invite me for the interview.
    You'll probably get your's soon too, there were more people at your interview, weren't they?

ReputationRep:
    Is it ok for me to work if I have a cold? Or do I need to inform someone?

(Original post by odris)
    Ultimately it would probably depend on which department you work in, but if you don't say anything no one seems to give a damn.

ReputationRep:
    I work in produce so handling loose apples and other loose vegetables so I feel like if I go in I could be harming the customers and it wouldn't be fair on them :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odris)
    I went in today with a cold and no one said anything although I was on checkouts

(Original post by odris)
    I work in produce so handling loose apples and other loose vegetables so I feel like if I go in I could be harming the customers and it wouldn't be fair on them :\
    Exactly, but no one will care. You will just get a slapped wrist for taking a day off when you didn't need to.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Eustace4)
    Is that always the norm?

Just need to give my notice in at work and today would lead me up to next Friday which would be fine.

I assumed this would be the case, but have had a couple of jobs where actually starting properly was a week or so after induction strange but true!
    you'll start on tuesday!

lol. apparently they had the interviewees actually doing work last night. that's weird. i never had to do any work, but i guess we're so short staffed they'll take anyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    you'll start on tuesday!

lol. apparently they had the interviewees actually doing work last night. that's weird. i never had to do any work, but i guess we're so short staffed they'll take anyone
    Thats not allowed. Their not covered by insurance and if they where to injure themselves, Sainsbury's would be in deep trouble!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Thats not allowed. Their not covered by insurance and if they where to injure themselves, Sainsbury's would be in deep trouble!
    i was under the impression quite a few stores did it, from what i've seen posted on here. 'work trial' or whatever but it wasn't really from what i was told...

I haven't seen anyone here talk about a work trial or whatever. If it's happening in your store you should probably consider reporting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    i was under the impression quite a few stores did it, from what i've seen posted on here. 'work trial' or whatever but it wasn't really from what i was told...
    (Original post by FXX)
    I haven't seen anyone here talk about a work trial or whatever. If it's happening in your store you should probably consider reporting it.
    The nightshift duty manager did this in my store and he got a final written warning for it (Or so I was told!)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone on this work as a admin assistant for sainsburys?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me I work on checkouts and i think i've been putting through swedes as turnips

I really can't tell the difference. Is there a way to tell?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Saliency)
    Can someone help me I work on checkouts and i think i've been putting through swedes as turnips

I always thought turnips looked more like onions. Plus they're a sort of whiter colour on the bottom and sometimes have stems? I don't work checkouts though! And swedes are normally bigger...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saliency)

I generally put most through as turnips.... not a massive price difference is there?

Can someone tell me how to split payments over two credit cards?
    Really pissed off at the lack of training I've been given in using the till. :mad: Sick of having to work things out through trial and error/ annoying other checkouties.

ReputationRep:
    Just enter the amount you want to put on one card (in pence) and then hit EFT. Simples

ReputationRep:
    Hehe typical. I've worked there for five hours and all the card machines go down! Total chaos!

Payday Friday

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.