Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Hehe typical. I've worked there for five hours and all the card machines go down! Total chaos!
    Oh so it wasn't just one store then :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yet again more credit card issues yesterday and today. Sainsbury's need to get this sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what I should do because I forgot to clock out tonight?

ReputationRep:
    It was widespread! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11458962

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odris)
    Anyone know what I should do because I forgot to clock out tonight?
    Don't worry about it, just mention it to HR next time you go in and they can enter it on the computer.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    you don't need to do anything, i#ve forgotten to clock out a couple of times and i still get paid

ReputationRep:
    Not heard anything back from my interview yet. Tomorrow marks the 7th day, by which the interviewer said I should know... Fingers crossed when I do here, it is good news!

ReputationRep:
    Recently got a job at Sainsbury's and I will be starting soon. Just wondering when I will get paid and how often. Thanks.

(Original post by 1platinum)
    Recently got a job at Sainsbury's and I will be starting soon. Just wondering when I will get paid and how often. Thanks.
    Fourweekly. Next payday is this Friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Hehe typical. I've worked there for five hours and all the card machines go down! Total chaos!
    Yep we had that problem too. Queues of 20 people at the cash point waiting to pull money out :P

ReputationRep:
    Im doing my first 9 hour shift on saturday (10-7), what breaks am i supposed to get?

ReputationRep:
    How long did you all wait to here after interview? The interviewer said I should here by today at the latest but, so far, I've heard nothing. I could really do with knowing, one way or the other, so I could start applying for other jobs etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    Im doing my first 9 hour shift on saturday (10-7), what breaks am i supposed to get?
    1 hour unpaid lunch, and 30 minute paid break in the afternoon. Thats what you'd get in my store anyway :yep:

ReputationRep:
    How long did you all wait to here after interview? The interviewer said I should here by today at the latest but, so far, I've heard nothing. I could really do with knowing, one way or the other, so I could start applying for other jobs etc...
    Ring HR! First of all you still show interest in the job and they should be able to tell you what's going on.

ReputationRep:
    What experience do you need to work in the bakery section?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys just applied for a FT job at sainsburys.how long generally will it be before i realise whether I have got an interview or not?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by thecdon)
    hey guys just applied for a FT job at sainsburys.how long generally will it be before i realise whether I have got an interview or not?
    a few days perhaps, they'll send an email and/or a text message (i got both)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    a few days perhaps, they'll send an email and/or a text message (i got both)
    cheers, I am on a gap yr and have been looking for work for a couple of months and can't find any! hope i at least get an interview for sainsburys!
    Is the whole process of decision making of who to interview done wholly on the basis of the online assesments?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by thecdon)
    cheers, I am on a gap yr and have been looking for work for a couple of months and can't find any! hope i at least get an interview for sainsburys!
    Is the whole process of decision making of who to interview done wholly on the basis of the online assesments?
    I was the same - finished college, and got my job end of September. Funnily enough decided not to go to uni and I'm still here lol.

Yep, I think it's based on the test score.

ReputationRep:
    how much more per hour do team leaders get?
    i really want to buy a house, but don't think that pay would get me a mortgage

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.