Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hardly anything more. I read somewhere they are paid between £1-2 more than just a "normal" employee. So around £7.50 an hour. Not really worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    how much more per hour do team leaders get?
    i really want to buy a house, but don't think that pay would get me a mortgage
    As Otu1987 said, it isn't that much more. It's a Band 3 job plus 32p premium. It's about £7.60ish in my area.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for FT code controller.... (it was the only job near enough to me!)
    It's 39 hours a week, over 5 days....because I would be getting the train at a cost of about £9 per time, would sainsburys be flexible and, for example, let me work a double shift in a day mabe twice a week? so im working my hours over 3-4 days? I'm not expecting them to let me do this immediately after joining (bearing in mind this is if I get the job!)
    but maybe 1-2 months into the job maybe?

thoughts?

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by thecdon)
    I've applied for FT code controller.... (it was the only job near enough to me!)
    It's 39 hours a week, over 5 days....because I would be getting the train at a cost of about £9 per time, would sainsburys be flexible and, for example, let me work a double shift in a day mabe twice a week? so im working my hours over 3-4 days? I'm not expecting them to let me do this immediately after joining (bearing in mind this is if I get the job!)

thoughts?

Doubt it. You'd be doing 14-15 hour shifts and that's pretty weird, I'm not sure they'd let you do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Doubt it. You'd be doing 14-15 hour shifts and that's pretty weird, I'm not sure they'd let you do that.
    I'd be up for it though. my main prerogative is jsut to save money, and like i said If i could do split shifts i'd save myself about £20 a week just on transport.

Why wouldn't they let me do it?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'd be up for it though. my main prerogative is jsut to save money, and like i said If i could do split shifts i'd save myself about £20 a week just on transport.

Why wouldn't they let me do it?
    Sorry but I just can't see someone sticking out 14-15 hour shifts over 3-4 days, that's ridiculous, you'll be overworked. I'm sure there's some sort of law against it. If you want the extra cash why don't you consider nights? You get an extra £1.50 (night shift premium) per hour. Maximum of 10 hour shifts.

ReputationRep:
    also it would mean they need to find someone from your team who would do the 1 or 2 days of your contract. i would say it is highly unlikely that they would allow it, but someone may live near you and you could get a lift off them.

done a 13 hour shift before, got tired in the last hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otu1987)
    Hardly anything more. I read somewhere they are paid between £1-2 more than just a "normal" employee. So around £7.50 an hour. Not really worth it.
    oh thanks

£1 more on 39 hours would mean after tax over £1600 more. divide by my current hourly pay that is 256 hours of work, divide by 52 for weeks of the year means it is like working 5 hours per week more. but you probably work more than 5 hours over your time per week anyways so effectively there ain't no pay rise, just more responsibility.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-variety.html

How would you like some purple potatoes? I am quite intrigued by this.

ReputationRep:

I'm sure I had these in a restaurant a couple of years back. Taste exactly the same as your average spud, but an odd purple colour when mashed and milk added!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know who I should see about doing overtime? Also, can you choose which days you are free for overtime. Like, 'I am free from mon-wednesday' on top of my own contracted thursday-saturday job?

I heard from someone else at my store that there is some sort of book where you put your name down for overtime?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Sir_Malc)
    Anyone know who I should see about doing overtime? Also, can you choose which days you are free for overtime. Like, 'I am free from mon-wednesday' on top of my own contracted thursday-saturday job?

I heard from someone else at my store that there is some sort of book where you put your name down for overtime?
    I asked the person that does the rota on my shift for overtime, said can I do x day for x hours and they said ok.

ReputationRep:

They look amazing! Would love to try them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    oh thanks

£1 more on 39 hours would mean after tax over £1600 more. divide by my current hourly pay that is 256 hours of work, divide by 52 for weeks of the year means it is like working 5 hours per week more. but you probably work more than 5 hours over your time per week anyways so effectively there ain't no pay rise, just more responsibility.
    You've got to take into account that in many departments a team leader HAS to be on site. So somones phones in sick, then you are expectd to come into cover, often at late notice. Whereas the ordinary workers, well there's loads of us so they are bound to find someone who is happy to do it. I know a number of team leaders who have had calls the night before/early in the day which pretty much just expect them to come in on overtime/switch hours about.

ReputationRep:
    Heads up Guys... Discount is 15% from 21st October to the 5th January
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Heads up Guys... Discount is 15% from 21st October to the 5th January
    yay!!

almost pay day :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saliency)
    Can someone help me I work on checkouts and i think i've been putting through swedes as turnips

I really can't tell the difference. Is there a way to tell?
    Turnips are about the size of a small apple. A swede is about the size of a small melon

ReputationRep:

thoughts?

If code controller is checking the prices of the shelves, then probably not, as the prices apparently have to be checked each day. I was reading the safe and sound book of the commercial dept and on one day they changed/replaced something like 200 tickets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    If code controller is checking the prices of the shelves, then probably not, as the prices apparently have to be checked each day. I was reading the safe and sound book of the commercial dept and on one day they changed/replaced something like 200 tickets.
    oh right. cheers for that man. do you have to haveprevious experience to do the job?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    we got a new starter and it looks like they'll actually stay cos they just moved from another department. hooray!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.