Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    oh hai guiz,

Just got a txt & email from sainsburys saying they're inviting me to an interview on tues woop woop!!!

Does getting an interview pretty much mean you've got the job?

And it's probably been asked before....but what does the interview contain

Thanks
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    oh hai guiz,

Just got a txt & email from sainsburys saying they're inviting me to an interview on tues woop woop!!!

Thanks
    no, cos you still have to get through the interview & pass the test - again. basically a dvd test, and a one-to-one with the manager or whoever is doing the interview. thats about as much as we're allowed to say, i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    no, cos you still have to get through the interview & pass the test - again. basically a dvd test, and a one-to-one with the manager or whoever is doing the interview. thats about as much as we're allowed to say, i think
    what sort of questions are asked?
    If you can't tell me, please PM me? I'd really appreciate it!
    And is therejsut one interview, or is it a series of interviews?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    what sort of questions are asked?
    If you can't tell me, please PM me? I'd really appreciate it!
    And is therejsut one interview, or is it a series of interviews?
    it's similar to the online test pretty much.

you have the dvd first usually, and then a one to one with general questions, why do you want to work for sburys, what are your clothes sizes etc. but you might have it the other way around

ReputationRep:
    it's similar to the online test pretty much.

you have the dvd first usually, and then a one to one with general questions, why do you want to work for sburys, what are your clothes sizes etc. but you might have it the other way around
    Cheers for the help

Surely if they're gonna ask for my clothes size, they will have decided whether or not I have the job?

It's an odd selection policy?! Do you reckon they make the decision there and then immediately after the interview?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the help

Surely if they're gonna ask for my clothes size, they will have decided whether or not I have the job?

It's an odd selection?! Do they make the decision there and then immediately after the interview?
    i think they ask it as standard, doesnt really matter cos youll never get the right clothes size in uniform :rofl:

no its sent off to the main hr place and they decide, not the store

ReputationRep:
    i think they ask it as standard, doesnt really matter cos youll never get the right clothes size in uniform :rofl:

no its sent off to the main hr place and they decide, not the store
    Sorry for the bombardment of questions lol but you're being a real help

Does the uniform come up big or small out of interest?

And how long will it take for them to have decided whether or not to employ you?

ReputationRep:
    And how long will it take for them to have decided whether or not to employ you?
    I don't know how long it normally takes but, for me, today marks day 9 since my interview and I haven't heard anything yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    I don't know how long it normally takes but, for me, today marks day 9 since my interview and I haven't heard anything yet...
    Oh that's not good Hope you hear soon! Did youf eel confident after youyr interview? What exactly did you have to do and how long did it last for?x

We get paid in 5 hours. Just saying.

ReputationRep:
    oh right. cheers for that man. do you have to haveprevious experience to do the job?
    No previous experience would be required as they would train you on the hand held machines that you use. You go around the aisles checking the dates on the stock at around 11-12 in the morning and any items that are due to expire on that day you have to print off a reduced label and barcode and stick it over the existing bar code. There is some other stuff to do like disposals etc. but I'm not sure what that entails. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    We get paid in 5 hours. Just saying.
    I like not working out my hours and then seeing how much I get, makes it more exciting :p:

(Original post by odris)
    I like not working out my hours and then seeing how much I get, makes it more exciting :p:
    Yeah, I don't work it out til after. It's just nice seeing a large(ish) sum of money dropping into my account

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Ring up the recruitment line and ask them whats going on.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the bombardment of questions lol but you're being a real help

Does the uniform come up big or small out of interest?

IMO every bloody piece of clothing is dif. I have had three types of trousers and none of them fit lol. The night shift trousers are the worse - they clearly think women on the night shift have the same physique as blokes... At the moment my trousers are bloody tents and they don't even have belt holes. Gaah. Safety pin!!

LOVE PAY DAY. I'm going to work to help out cos they're short staffed but I'm leaving after a couple of hours.

ReputationRep:
    oh hai guiz,

Thanks
    oh hai

It's nothing too bad don't worry about it, just make sure you've researched a bit about Sainsburys obviously and know your trouser and shirt sizes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odris)
    No previous experience would be required as they would train you on the hand held machines that you use. You go around the aisles checking the dates on the stock at around 11-12 in the morning and any items that are due to expire on that day you have to print off a reduced label and barcode and stick it over the existing bar code. There is some other stuff to do like disposals etc. but I'm not sure what that entails. Good luck.
    Cheers man, great help! I'm hoping that because I've been invited to interview that I've jumper the larges hurdle!

I've only ever had 2 jobs before and didn't have to be interviewed for either!

What shall I wear to the interview?!

And how much money are you lucky guys getting paid ??

ReputationRep:
    For the interview I wore black pants, white shirt, grey tie. Think I get £6.07 an hour or around that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Induction tomorrow!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    yay pay day!! although they've messed it up by adding an extra 10 hours to my hours that i wasn't meant to do, and took my 5 hours holiday away when i was ill eventhough i was meant to have 2 hours of it the following day. so i'm shorttimed 22 hours i have however gained 5 hours holiday from somewhere making 10, so i'm not complaining.

last month i paid £160 in tax. this month i paid... £18. quite a drop i have to say lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.