Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    my payslip is messed up cos there's more hours than i did on there, hence more shorttime =/ so i instantly saw 'shorttime' and started raging but it's ok i'm not missing anything about my 2 hours holiday pay which theyve given me back to book again...
    They haven't paid me for my holiday :/

ReputationRep:
    Day 1 of the induction over! Just another 8-5 tomorrow!

And a test and a presentation at the end apparantley, although she did say you would only have to say a few words about what you bring to Sainsbury's and also what you have learnt in the induction.

Just want to get started on Nights hateeee day shifts.

ReputationRep:
    What does it mean when it says "permanent" in the job title?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    What does it mean when it says "permanent" in the job title?
    That its a permanent job, not a temporary one for 3 months or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I tried some of those purple potatoes... they look really odd! Taste exactly the same though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    That its a permanent job, not a temporary one for 3 months or whatever.
    So I'm not allowed to leave within said time frame??

ReputationRep:
    So I'm not allowed to leave within said time frame??
    permanent pretty much means you can leave when you want, 4 weeks notice, and you can stay as long as you want. unlike temp where you have an end date on your contract.

ReputationRep:
    Just had an email from Sainsbury's recruitment and I am disappointed to say the least...

It says I "passed the interview stage" but that they can't offer me a job at the moment.

It seems like such a waste of time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Just had an email from Sainsbury's recruitment and I am disappointed to say the least...

It says I "passed the interview stage" but that they can't offer me a job at the moment.

It seems like such a waste of time!
    What role did you apply for?

What's the point of doing it all then? obviously they're looking for someone to work for them...you had the interview and passed so they should hire you???

What the hell!?!!?!> :woo:

ReputationRep:
    What role did you apply for?

What's the point of doing it all then? obviously they're looking for someone to work for them...you had the interview and passed so they should hire you???

What the hell!?!!?!> :woo:
    Customer Service/Checkouts.

I don't understand - they are opening a brand new store with 350 jobs and so surely if they can't find me a position out of 350, they never will... I really wanted the job as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Customer Service/Checkouts.

I don't understand - they are opening a brand new store with 350 jobs and so surely if they can't find me a position out of 350, they never will... I really wanted the job as well.
    Ring them up and ask fo speak to the interviewer, and grill them as to why they advertised a job, you passed the interview, and then they say they can't hire you?

You've got nothing to lose, go mad on the phone! I would!

ReputationRep:
    Ring them up and ask fo speak to the interviewer, and grill them as to why they advertised a job, you passed the interview, and then they say they can't hire you?

You've got nothing to lose, go mad on the phone! I would!
    Its done based on score, so you can pass the interview but the other person can score higher than you and therefore get the job.

ReputationRep:
    Hai again guys,

This has probably been asked 2123883721 times.....

But what on Earth do I say to these questions?

1)Why do YOU want to work for Sainsbury's?

2) What can you bring to Sainsbury's?

:o:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Hai again guys,

This has probably been asked 2123883721 times.....

But what on Earth do I say to these questions?

1)Why do YOU want to work for Sainsbury's?

2) What can you bring to Sainsbury's?

:o:
    i said i wanted to work for sainsburys as they were an ethical company- environmentally friendly and have a large freerange selection etc...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    i said i wanted to work for sainsburys as they were an ethical company- environmentally friendly and have a large freerange selection etc...lol
    Good reason to say!

Also, how flexible are Sainsbury's for hours?

Say my shifts were 10-7 usually, is there anyway they'd let me start earlier say, 7am? and still do the 9 hours?

Good reason to say!

Also, how flexible are Sainsbury's for hours?

Say my shifts were 10-7 usually, is there anyway they'd let me start earlier say, 7am? and still do the 9 hours?
    Totally depends on the department and their needs, and your manager (who most likely won't be the one doing the interview).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Totally depends on the department and their needs, and your manager (who most likely won't be the one doing the interview).
    Cheers pal.

I'd have to ask the manager providing I get the job!!! I don't want to be pushy either, I'd work the shifts they give for a month or so before even bringing it up.

Whats being a Code Controller like?!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how long sick pay lasts? I've been off for a couple of months and been paid my normal full amount but this time I just checked online and nothing has gone into my bank account. I'll have to find my handbook or whatever, but it's just come as a bit of a surprise, I wasn't expecting to suddenly get nothing!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    Anyone know how long sick pay lasts? I've been off for a couple of months and been paid my normal full amount but this time I just checked online and nothing has gone into my bank account. I'll have to find my handbook or whatever, but it's just come as a bit of a surprise, I wasn't expecting to suddenly get nothing!
    Not sure but my bf was off sick for 2 months with a broken ankle and then got paid nothing when he had another two days off sick when he came back and they said he'd "run out" of sick days. I'd ring HR up and ask

ReputationRep:
    Good news! I passed my team leader interview. Bad news is that there are currently no more vacancies.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.