Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Quick q - for someone under 18 I've started on 4.65 an hour... In how many months does it go up+what to? Also how many months of service gets you a staff discount card? Thanks!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by beherenow94)
    Quick q - for someone under 18 I've started on 4.65 an hour... In how many months does it go up+what to? Also how many months of service gets you a staff discount card? Thanks!
    I think it goes up after 6 months. Don't know how much it'll go up to - if you look on all your info boards at work there should be a poster with pay guides on it
    Staff discount card is also after 6 months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beherenow94)
    i'm under 18 and started on the same as you. I got a pay rise after six weeks - it was about 11p but hey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    Ring them up and ask fo speak to the interviewer, and grill them as to why they advertised a job, you passed the interview, and then they say they can't hire you?

You've got nothing to lose, go mad on the phone! I would!
    Just because they haven't given her the job, doesn't mean they haven't given it to somebody else. They wouldn't waste their time interviewing for a non-existent job. They interview more than one person for each job so passing the test doesn't mean they have to hire you, the other candidate might have been more suitable for the job for whatever reason. As said before, someone else might have got a higher score.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers pal.

I'd have to ask the manager providing I get the job!!! I don't want to be pushy either, I'd work the shifts they give for a month or so before even bringing it up.

Whats being a Code Controller like?!
    Depends, can be good if you don't have to do disposals and clean the tat area as well, as a lot of people will just dump anything there and it can be a bit grotty, especially when they dump fruit and fresh food items, and leaking cans :mad: . If you're just doing code checking though it's not too bad, until you have to code check crisps, and biscuits. Hopefully you'll be in a good store where people actually do their jon properly and rotate stock so you won't have to spend 10 minutes emptying and rearranging a shelf of custard creams to find a pack dated Feb 2008 or something ridiculous like that! Good luck!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i like how the dayshift criticises night shift for the stock rotation however i found a bunch of things that were between 6 and 14 days out of date- why aren't they checking stock too? hypocrites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perfectimperfection)
    Depends, can be good if you don't have to do disposals and clean the tat area as well, as a lot of people will just dump anything there and it can be a bit grotty, especially when they dump fruit and fresh food items, and leaking cans :mad: . If you're just doing code checking though it's not too bad, until you have to code check crisps, and biscuits. Hopefully you'll be in a good store where people actually do their jon properly and rotate stock so you won't have to spend 10 minutes emptying and rearranging a shelf of custard creams to find a pack dated Feb 2008 or something ridiculous like that! Good luck!
    Cheers for the help, + rep

I take it you're a code controller then?
    My store is a superstore that I've applied to...so just wondering if I did get the job(FT) would they be flexible with my hours? i.e let me do a split shift in a day if possible?
    Does the work get boring and monotonous quickly? ANd on average how many code controllers are there in a superstore?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hai again guys,

This has probably been asked 2123883721 times.....

But what on Earth do I say to these questions?

1)Why do YOU want to work for Sainsbury's?

2) What can you bring to Sainsbury's?

:o:
    Oh and anyone got some decent answers for these wishy washy questions please?
    I have no idea what to say without being too blunt or sucking up!

ReputationRep:
    Suck up.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and anyone got some decent answers for these wishy washy questions please?
    I have no idea what to say without being too blunt or sucking up!
    Best bet is to suck up.

ReputationRep:
    quick question!

Can you book 1 or 2 day holidays? Or do you have to take at least a week at a time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eustace4)
    quick question!

Can you book 1 or 2 day holidays? Or do you have to take at least a week at a time?
    Your meant to book it in week blocks, but i've booked my birthday off and a few other "important" dates.

ReputationRep:
    I managed to book a load of random days off, dotted around as well as some full weeks, so i think it depends on your manager.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i have booked a two day holiday and single days off. i actually have 1 day left to book lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    i have booked a two day holiday and single days off. i actually have 1 day left to book lol
    Oh you rebel :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Lukely)
    Oh you rebel :p:
    :rofl: it's annoying. i changed my contract, so i lost 5 hours. but now i have suddenly got the 5 hours back. and i lost the day i originally booked off and the week is fully booked now :/ lol

ReputationRep:
    Need some help with the sainsburys application.

I have applied for the Full time General Assistant Position a month ago. Had an interview, passed the test and even had a trial the day after and it went all really well. Till I received a email saying that other candidates were more suitable and they had been offered the job. A week later the same position came up and I called in to ask for my feedback and was told I had been rejected due the score not being as high as the others and the positions were put up again because 2 of them could not provide the necessary documents.

I was told to wait till the next positions are posted on website so I can apply for it. The position were up on board today and I tried to apply for it till this message came up: "Due to the status of your previous application with us, we are not able to process your application for this role at this time. Please refer to the previous application messages in the ‘Your Messages’ section of your user account. Please call 0845 602 3860 to get further information".

This could be due to my application marked as unsuccesful on my page.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks for any replies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chilla1990)
    Need some help with the sainsburys application.

I have applied for the Full time General Assistant Position a month ago. Had an interview, passed the test and even had a trial the day after and it went all really well. Till I received a email saying that other candidates were more suitable and they had been offered the job. A week later the same position came up and I called in to ask for my feedback and was told I had been rejected due the score not being as high as the others and the positions were put up again because 2 of them could not provide the necessary documents.

I was told to wait till the next positions are posted on website so I can apply for it. The position were up on board today and I tried to apply for it till this message came up: "Due to the status of your previous application with us, we are not able to process your application for this role at this time. Please refer to the previous application messages in the ‘Your Messages’ section of your user account. Please call 0845 602 3860 to get further information".

This could be due to my application marked as unsuccesful on my page.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks for any replies
    You can't apply through the website again because there is a period of time that has to pass before you can apply for the same role again, I believe its 6 months but I may be mistaken.

Best thing to do is just ring the number you put above and explain the situation to them and see what they can do about it.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh interview tomorrow morning really nervous now!!!! Even more nervous now that I got rejected by Waitrose today so I have a lot banking on doing well at this interview tomorrow!

Wht will they ask and what will come up? Apologies if this has been asked loads of times! :o:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ahh interview tomorrow morning really nervous now!!!! Even more nervous now that I got rejected by Waitrose today so I have a lot banking on doing well at this interview tomorrow!

Wht will they ask and what will come up? Apologies if this has been asked loads of times! :o:
    it is the same as the online test really just you have to watch a scenario. it is common sense. just remember, the customer isn't always right. think of a middle ground- benefits sbrys but also tries to satisfy the customer

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.