Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, dunno why they get so excitable about it in my store, then!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by c101)
    Intresting. How is the work load?
    Depends on your manager. Ours is a slave driver... lol. If you have plenty of people then it's ok but when you're short staffed you find you might have to work harder. In my store the girls always work the health + beauty section, don't know if it'll apply to you. If you do, my advice is work in sections, dress it as you go along.

ReputationRep:
    Woop! really boring induction over today! 18 hours of horrible boring paperwork and stupid training done! start training for my role on tuesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    In my store the girls always work the health + beauty section,
    Sexist! :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by beherenow94)
    Sexist! :p:
    i know!! i mean it's not so bad but my skin is easily irritated so i end up with blotchy skin if something splits open ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    Woop! really boring induction over today! 18 hours of horrible boring paperwork and stupid training done! start training for my role on tuesday
    Well now that you have been officially inducted I would just like to let you have that the last 2 days of boring paper work and training videos will be soon looked upon as the best 2 days of your sainsbury's career and certainly the easiest money you will ever make.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by odris)
    Well now that you have been officially inducted I would just like to let you have that the last 2 days of boring paper work and training videos will be soon looked upon as the best 2 days of your sainsbury's career and certainly the easiest money you will ever make.
    pfft, they were the worst 2 days of my career!!! well, two of them... lol. think the best day was the nightshift xmas party even though the food was ****, basic sausage rolls are gross people i'm expected TTD this year :mad: hah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odris)
    What makes you say that?

to be honest I don't really care if it's going to be fun or not, at least there's money going in my bank every 4 weeks

What makes you say that?

to be honest I don't really care if it's going to be fun or not, at least there's money going in my bank every 4 weeks
    Everyone says that when they start lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Everyone says that when they start lol.
    Well if it's that bad then how come some sad sods that are in stores can work there for decades?!

Well if it's that bad then how come some sad sods that are in stores can work there for decades?!
    Didn't say it was bad mate. Chill out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Didn't say it was bad mate. Chill out.
    I am chilled pal, have no idea what your point is thats all

ReputationRep:
    It's a secure job working for a massive retailer, there are many reasons why people work there for decades.

I am chilled pal, have no idea what your point is thats all
    Everyone says they don't care what the job is like because at least they're getting paid for it. Reality is after a while you will care, and if you don't enjoy it you'll soon start taking odd days off etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Everyone says they don't care what the job is like because at least they're getting paid for it. Reality is after a while you will care, and if you don't enjoy it you'll soon start taking odd days off etc.
    Yeah that's true. I'd be working full time too and it takes a 30 min train ride to get there too

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help so far

Got an interview tomarrow...any advice/tips? I have read through the thread and picked up on a lot of the tips

Also when they ask for uniform size? Is it S/M/L or do they ask dress size as in 8/10/12 or inches?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c101)
    Thanks for the help so far

Got an interview tomarrow...any advice/tips? I have read through the thread and picked up on a lot of the tips

Also when they ask for uniform size? Is it S/M/L or do they ask dress size as in 8/10/12 or inches?
    When I had my interview I thought it was in inches so I put down inches then they told me it was in dress sizes, so the answer is Dress sizes

ReputationRep:
    Enjoyed my first week done 5 nights and now 2 off.

Ended up working in my own store plus 2 others on the area that were short staffed.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    if you're a girl it's in dress sizes but they're really off. i had a 12 in normal trousers and they were far too small (usually a 10/12) and a 12 in women's night shift trousers far far too big. so i got a 14 in the womens elasticated trousers and they're too big, literally falling off haha.

and as for the whole 'its a job' i agree with the comment that after a while you DO start caring.

ReputationRep:
    Had the interview

Nice people there
    Don't think I'll get the job coz I messed up on the dvd test ESPECIALLY section 1 and 2...I even got the example question wrong lol

Anyways job or no job I learnt something today is how confident I am speaking to interviewers. So thats what I can take from it

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.