Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    dunno if this q's been answered before, apologies if it has..what's the best department to work in sainsburys and why?

a LOT of people say produce, some say BWS or GM, i'm leaning towards bws or cereals after some feedback from you guys.

(Original post by rko)
    dunno if this q's been answered before, apologies if it has..what's the best department to work in sainsburys and why?

a LOT of people say produce, some say BWS or GM, i'm leaning towards bws or cereals after some feedback from you guys.
    Cereals isn't a department... also depends what you means by best. Online is probably the easiest except for the early starts, but some people find it dead boring.

ReputationRep:
    I've had my induction day yesterday and have a training day tomorrow, how long are you usually in on a training day?

ReputationRep:
    My interview today went well. Not really many questions, just checking that I'd be able to do the hours and which evenings I'd be free, and other stuff they had to explain. Test was easy, hardest part I thought was the attention to detail, only had to do the first two questions though because the DVD player started skipping :p:
    I really hope I get the job, I've been looking for one for over a year and everybody in there seems really nice

ReputationRep:
    Just finished my 3 day induction going in tomorrow for till training as I may need it for some admin stuff looking forward to starting my regular shifts next week.
    Just one queation what are the cut off days for pay is it two weeks before the pay day or before that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Cereals isn't a department... also depends what you means by best. Online is probably the easiest except for the early starts, but some people find it dead boring.
    I meant the cereals/crisps part of grocery. Best as in most fun, not too taxing, i dont mind busy periods at all just as long as i'm liking what i'm doing to an extent, as like i said before lifting heavy all day would be a drag.

basically which would be the least taxing on the body, if one was doing a 39 hour shift.

ReputationRep:
    um, for fear of making myself look stupid. How do you know your ipm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xangelinax)
    Just finished my 3 day induction going in tomorrow for till training as I may need it for some admin stuff looking forward to starting my regular shifts next week.
    Just one queation what are the cut off days for pay is it two weeks before the pay day or before that?
    Pay day = friday. cut off point = previous saturday.

ReputationRep:
    How are you all applying for xmas temp?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLastDaysOfDisco)
    um, for fear of making myself look stupid. How do you know your ipm?
    Ask a Supervisor, they should have a folder (if not, access to Productive on the computer) and they can tell you how you are doing.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by yashradia)
    How are you all applying for xmas temp?
    you have to apply via the website if it has vacancies listed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rko)

i'm biased but i say GM, it includes lecytricals, cookware, toys (big mess at the end of the night :mad:), entertainment (you get to see all the big promo prices before anyone and decide whether you will reserve stuff for people) and seasonal stuff (halloween stuff, christmas, summer etc.). the best thing is, no stock rotation and you rarely have code checks. and you get to know what you sell and it is stuff most people want when it goes cheap, like games (rarely), electricals etc.

nothing particularly flies off the shelves unless they are stuff that have gone discontinued and reduced to clear but doesn't mean the job is easy. most who do not work on the dept. think it an easy job and i feel management think that out of all the depts GM is one they could do without.

ReputationRep:
    I went to check my hours on the website and my application status has changed to 'APPLICATION TERMINATED.' It's my first day tomorrow. Should I be worried? Has this happened to anyone else? I don't want to get there and be told I can't work there for some reason, that'd be humiliating...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by tykkylumi)
    I went to check my hours on the website and my application status has changed to 'APPLICATION TERMINATED.' It's my first day tomorrow. Should I be worried? Has this happened to anyone else? I don't want to get there and be told I can't work there for some reason, that'd be humiliating...
    That's weird, but if you have been offered a job and you've done the induction then I wouldn't see why.t..

ReputationRep:
    Well, the induction is today : S

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c101)
    I didn't get the job.
    For definite?

I was turned down but they called me two weeks later to offer me the job... You might hear back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    For definite?

I was turned down but they called me two weeks later to offer me the job... You might hear back.
    Yeah, but it's fine. That's life
    Aww congrats
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    sorry to hear

ReputationRep:
    Yay!

Really happy as everything has 'come good'.

Got my induction Sunday/Monday and it is at a store a closer than Preston. Woo!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.