Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    wooooo

i have an interview next week. cmon get me off nights!!!

ReputationRep:
    Take a screen shot and tell your manager or someone high up. That's totally not fair on you and the colleague that was left to struggle on their own.

(Original post by welshliz)
    What would have you done?
    As a former team leader at Sainsbury's, I would have let it slide, or made the individual concerned's next shift as much of a bore as possible.

I used to have loads of people on my shifts pulling literally last minute sickies, I just learnt to accept that if I forced these individuals to come in, they'd have been useless anyway, dragging their heels.

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wonderin if anyone can give me some advice. i had an interview on 20th sept, got notified on 29th sept to say i had been successful. waited for ages for them to tell me when induction was going to be. finally got a phone call to say it would be last mon & tues. got another call to say girl was ill who was doing induction and could i make it next mon & Tue at another store. this was better for me as it is half term then so was very pleased it was changed. just received another call to say it is cancelled again as they are doing induction for temp workers then (mine is permanent) and can i now make it 1st & 2nd Nov!! thing is our revision for the Jan exams will be starting that week and i may find it difficult to get time off (i am in 6th form) what do you suggest i do? should i ring them and explain or should i just leave it? any advice would be really helpful. cant believe it has taken so long to get induction and beginning to think i am never going to start!! sorry about the long post
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    As a former team leader at Sainsbury's, I would have let it slide, or made the individual concerned's next shift as much of a bore as possible.

I used to have loads of people on my shifts pulling literally last minute sickies, I just learnt to accept that if I forced these individuals to come in, they'd have been useless anyway, dragging their heels.
    Theres nothing like putting someone on returns that absolutely hates it, especially when they deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tykkylumi)
    I went to check my hours on the website and my application status has changed to 'APPLICATION TERMINATED.' It's my first day tomorrow. Should I be worried? Has this happened to anyone else? I don't want to get there and be told I can't work there for some reason, that'd be humiliating...
    Print off the email and take it with you.

If you don't want to do it that way, ring up the recruitment line.

(Original post by Foulish)
    Theres nothing like putting someone on returns that absolutely hates it, especially when they deserve it.
    Haha. There's always that! :yep: Or refill on kiosk sweets! :woo:

I've only been a team leader for a couple of months so tbh wasn't really sure what to do, live and learn i suppose. Thanks for replying.
    I wouldn't worry about it though! It's for reasons like you've mentioned, however, I wouldn't report blatant pisstakes, because it makes things much worse for you, when you've got to continue working with them. Once or twice I found acceptable/OK. There's always a day or two when you need it off, or really CBA. If there was anyone who ever abused my lenient nature, I had a quiet word, or made sure they were always lumbered with the crap jobs (wide aisles, returns etc). :woo:

What shall I do about her bascially *****ing about me now? We're both in tomorrow so I was going to have a quiet word. What do you think? I can't let what she has said on fb about me slide...
    It's difficult, because for you to confront her, you'd need to admit it was you and imo, you shouldn't need to confront her about it, or even admit to anything; you're merely doing your job; you had reason to believe a colleague was in breach of their contractual obligations to their employer and you reported it.

I wouldn't let it slide either, but perhaps it was more a moment of rage. I know, no excuse for it, but still. I rant a lot on FB. It's a good way to let it out.

I'd treat her as normal etc, no matter how hard it'll be, but if there's any animosity from her towards you, make it clear it's not acceptable. Remember, you're the one with authority in this situation.

I had to face crap from customers throughout the whole of my shift, if I had to start getting it from staff too, it would be an absolute pain, so defusing the issue before it became something would be the best thing here. Or if it's possible, get another team leader to deal with her for the first shift together or something?

I'm amazed this sort of thing is being discussed on a public forum. If you're really stuck you should be asking other team leaders in your store for advice. To me, talking about it on here seems very unprofessional. With the information that has been posted the people involved could easily be identified.

ReputationRep:
    Received a text message this morning saying I had been offered a job and I had to call them back to accept. Could not do anything until I got home at 5, my dumb phone decided to call my mom and it got through to her answer phone and used up all my credit. Luckily I only had less than £2 left on it.

My induction, unfortunately, is not next week in half term which would have been ideal, but the week after, when I start back at college again. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The 3 days I'm in college, so it looks like I'll have to pretend to have flu for college. Tried to get it shifted, but the girl said I'd have to wait at least another few weeks for the next inductions. To top it all off, the Wednesday is my 18th and it's the longest induction, 9-5

ReputationRep:
    Been working nights for 2 months and a bit with my end of probation coming up soon. I have now become ill with the flu and have not attended work for 1 day last week and 2 days this week. I am very frustrated by this but I obviously can not be working.

Will Sainsburys fire me for having time off on my probation? This flu could not be helped so it would be pretty unfair to fire me? They have new starters nearly every week, I'm worried I'll be replaced!

Help

ReputationRep:
    40 hours over the next 6 days!! Thats a LOT of time sat behind a checkout.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'm going to have to stop following this thread now that I'm an ex-employee

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I managed to get a job at Sainsburys a month ago, but now I'm realising that the bus prices are taking up way too much out of my wages to be really worth while (Bristol buses ). So I was wondering, is it possible to transfer to another store? Should I wait until my probationary period is over, or as quickly as possible? Who do I ask to get transferred? Or would I have to apply for another job on the site?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _N_)
    Hi, I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I managed to get a job at Sainsburys a month ago, but now I'm realising that the bus prices are taking up way too much out of my wages to be really worth while (Bristol buses ). So I was wondering, is it possible to transfer to another store? Should I wait until my probationary period is over, or as quickly as possible? Who do I ask to get transferred? Or would I have to apply for another job on the site?
    Wait for probationary period, then ask. Talk to your HR dept, and the other store usually needs to have a vacancy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donaldduckyy)
    Been working nights for 2 months and a bit with my end of probation coming up soon. I have now become ill with the flu and have not attended work for 1 day last week and 2 days this week. I am very frustrated by this but I obviously can not be working.

Will Sainsburys fire me for having time off on my probation? This flu could not be helped so it would be pretty unfair to fire me? They have new starters nearly every week, I'm worried I'll be replaced!

Help
    Can someone reply to my question please

ReputationRep:
    Im back lurking again guys

6 months on and i can finally apply for sainsburys again. Its the only place i can find that constantly has vacancies, and after 3 failed attempts i think should know what im doing and what im getting wrong in the interview processes

Now i wait until a permanent general, customer service or online shopper comes up~

How has everyone been?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donaldduckyy)
    Can someone reply to my question please
    Yes, they will fire you. Have you not had a P45 in the post yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    Im back lurking again guys

6 months on and i can finally apply for sainsburys again. Its the only place i can find that constantly has vacancies, and after 3 failed attempts i think should know what im doing and what im getting wrong in the interview processes

Now i wait until a permanent general, customer service or online shopper comes up~

How has everyone been?
    Hi

Did you get the interview and then fail the DVD test? Or someone scored higher than you on the test?
    Welcome back and good luck with this time

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.