Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty142)
    Oh my god! Hope it wasn't our store, although I wouldn't be surprised (I'm at the Sunderland store)
    think sunderland took around that, washington took 99k alone on toys on the first day.

ReputationRep:
    wahayy i have an interview on the 3rd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    wahayy i have an interview on the 3rd
    Congrats, hope you get it

What role is it for?

ReputationRep:
    when they say 'approval needed', nobody comes to approve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c101)
    Congrats, hope you get it

What role is it for?
    Thank you very much

Online Shopper is the role, 12 hours a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty142)
    Oh my god! Hope it wasn't our store, although I wouldn't be surprised (I'm at the Sunderland store)
    It was Washington. I couldn't remember the name when I posted and when I remembered it yesterday, the site went down for maintenance.

ReputationRep:
    What are the chances of this happening?
    I've started working for sainsburys been there about 2 weeks (I'm a xmas temp) and contracted to work tues,wed and saturdays but I have been doing quite a bit of overtime on days I'm not contracted but this Tuesday coming up I have something planned which I can't change unless I don't go altogether
    My question is what are the chances of getting the Tuesday off (even if I offer to make up the time on another day)

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how hard it is to get through the probation period? Would they give any feedback type thing beforehand or not? I don't feel like I'm doing too well there!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by stargirl92)
    I've started working for sainsburys been there about 2 weeks (I'm a xmas temp) and contracted to work tues,wed and saturdays but I have been doing quite a bit of overtime on days I'm not contracted but this Tuesday coming up I have something planned which I can't change unless I don't go altogether
    My question is what are the chances of getting the Tuesday off (even if I offer to make up the time on another day)
    So, Tuesday 2nd? You should've asked to have that day off when you started cos it's too late to change the rotas now =/ your only chance is a) ringing in sick or b) asking someone to switch a shift with you at short notice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    Yeah I've did that it wasn't a problem at my store.
    Thanks! Now I just need to find someone who might be able to swap shifts with me!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by shooting.star)
    I was wondering how hard it is to get through the probation period? Would they give any feedback type thing beforehand or not? I don't feel like I'm doing too well there!
    Not hard unless you're doing shockingly! They'll give you feedback at 4 weeks, 8 weeks and 12 weeks i think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    So, Tuesday 2nd? You should've asked to have that day off when you started cos it's too late to change the rotas now =/ your only chance is a) ringing in sick or b) asking someone to switch a shift with you at short notice
    I didn't know about this when I applied for the Job :\

I suppose I can only ask and if not I'll just have to cancel the whole thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drakesdrum)
    Anybody know what happens on night shift when the clocks go back?
    You work an extra hour and when the clocks go forward you work one less hour
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by xangelinax)

err, i don't. i go home after i have worked 10 hours. i will be starting at 10 and going home at 7am, which is technically 8am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xangelinax)
    Thanks! Long night ahead then
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by drakesdrum)
    Thanks! Long night ahead then
    ask your manager but if they are like my shift you will go home after you have worked however many hours you're contracted to do, i have never had to work an hour more or an hour less and i have been through two clock changes now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl92)
    bit short notice, ask if someone could swap shifts with you, if not then just go to work, i personally wouldnt call in sick, it could put you in a bad light after being there for 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    hate it when clocks go back, i use my phone alarm and not sure if it turns itself back.

think we're all opening at midnight for the new cod (not the fish) launch on the 9th.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i was getting confused, my watch said 8 the clock in machine and my phone said 7, i was like 'i'm off' :awesome:

we're nearly cleared out of toys. and i can't believe it's end change on tues; i agreed to do overtime! :angry: didn't think it was end change already

ReputationRep:
    What's end change?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.