Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Tyrone Biggins I also heard back within a week but i'm sure it takes longer sometimes.
    Cheers for that.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by PixiePops)
    Hey guys, anyone work as a general assistant on the night shift? I have an interview for it on the 12th and was just wondering if anyone knows what the interview and job involves?
    Like I know it's replenishing stock but I'm quite weak so will I have to do a lot of heavy lifting?

Thanks!

Oh and to the person who posted above me, they got back to me within a week. You could always call HR?
    (Original post by affinity89)
    I don't have that job but, going by my safety induction, I doubt you'll have to do a lot of heavy lifting. They have various trolleys and items of equipment to help and they obviously don't want anyone to injure themselves. Anything especially heavy would be lifted/transported using the equipment and/or another member of staff.

Hi Basically you'll get an interview same as everyone else. On the night shift you'll just replenish shelves. On ours, they give the lighter stuff to the women so usually I'll be working health + beauty, GM, bakery, maybe tops and crisps/cereal/bog roll. And loads of dressing so boring. If you can't lift anything just get someone else to do it. I can't reach the top of the blocks of totes so I just get someone else to do it for me. If something on GM or wherever is too high and too heavy for me I get someone else to do it. My manager said he'd rather I asked someone to do it for me than injure myself.

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I'm starting at Sainsburys in a couple of weeks on checkouts and was wondering what the average rate of pay would be for a 16 year old?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordOfTheIsles)
    When you reach your 6 months service, do you get your discount card automatically or do you need to ask your manager for it? Also, if i used my discount card with my mum's shopping (she uses her debit card) would i get into trouble as i'm not paying for the shopping?
    u get 2 cards one for yourself and one for an immediate member of family that lives with you so just get her put on one of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uktom91)
    u get 2 cards one for yourself and one for an immediate member of family that lives with you so just get her put on one of them
    No you don't you get one card only!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    No you don't you get one card only!
    maybe its 1 card with 2 signatures then, i dont remember lol

(Original post by uktom91)
    maybe its 1 card with 2 signatures then, i dont remember lol
    Yeah that's it. You get one card that two people living at the same address are authorised to use.

ReputationRep:
    Plinth change last night was a doddle in the end most of it was already done really. Except I smashed a jar of Dolmio on the floor!

The store manager came bursting in at 7:30am lol and he was not happy that we still had loads of rollers knocking about etc.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by drakesdrum)
    Plinth change last night was a doddle in the end most of it was already done really. Except I smashed a jar of Dolmio on the floor!

The store manager came bursting in at 7:30am lol and he was not happy that we still had loads of rollers knocking about etc.

ours was a nightmare by the looks of it, less than 10 people on an end change! nasty.

what time do you finish your shifts? :confused: we are out at 7 :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty142)
    Well said!! Unfortunately we can't completely ignore them, which one bloke did to me on my first day. Didn't say one word to me :mad:
    I pretend they are a Sunderland/Motherwell fan if they try and ignore me. I stare right at them and eventually they end up looking at me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)

I pretend they are a Sunderland/Motherwell fan if they try and ignore me. I stare right at them and eventually they end up looking at me
    Haha! I'm a Newcastle fan and they generally are Sunderland fans Was very funny for me at work on Sunday afternoon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    ours was a nightmare by the looks of it, less than 10 people on an end change! nasty.

what time do you finish your shifts? :confused: we are out at 7 :tongue:
    Wish it was 7! I do 10pm-8am.

Does anybody know what time pay will come in on Friday? Or does it always vary
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by drakesdrum)
    Wish it was 7! I do 10pm-8am.

Does anybody know what time pay will come in on Friday? Or does it always vary
    i do 9pm - 7am on friday, 10pm - 8am on sat not good.

i think it depends on your bank

ReputationRep:
    I have to go into work this afternoon for kiosk training, and I don't wanna. I tried to get trained once a couple of years ago, I was only in there for ten minutes because they needed me back on tills but in that time I got put straight on the lottery and I don't play it or know anything about it and someone wanted to collect his winnings and pay for another game with them, and I got really confused and hated it. They've changed the lottery machines since then though, haven't they? Any reassuring words that it's not going to be as bad as last time and it's really a doddle?

ReputationRep:
    All, How long contract are these temp roles at Sainsbury's?

I have interview next week and she said induction on 28th Nov, so is it 6 weeks, 8 weeks?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Tyrone Biggins)
    All, How long contract are these temp roles at Sainsbury's?

I have interview next week and she said induction on 28th Nov, so is it 6 weeks, 8 weeks?
    I'd say til new year...

ReputationRep:
    Cheers.

She said a DVD test, maths and 1 on 1 interview, for the interview.

What is the DVD test about and how many questins are there for the maths test?

Thanks in advance.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    the dvd + maths thing are the same thing, the maths is easy enough just you have to be quick to think about it. same sort of thing as the online test

ReputationRep:
    OK, so just expect similar questions like the online test?
    Do you have to answer questions by observing the DVD?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    I have to go into work this afternoon for kiosk training, and I don't wanna. I tried to get trained once a couple of years ago, I was only in there for ten minutes because they needed me back on tills but in that time I got put straight on the lottery and I don't play it or know anything about it and someone wanted to collect his winnings and pay for another game with them, and I got really confused and hated it. They've changed the lottery machines since then though, haven't they? Any reassuring words that it's not going to be as bad as last time and it's really a doddle?
    The new touch screen ones are easy, I could never get on with the old non touch screen one took me ages to do anything, especially when customers were too lazy to fill out slips and wanted to read the numbers out to you. Plus everything goes through the till since the new machines came in. Before the cash was in a separate drawer and you had to work out change etc yourself.

You just need to learn how many numbers people need for each game, as the people try entering for the normal lottery on a thunderball ticket or don't know how many lucky stars they need to euromillions. Just grab one of each of the slips and read what it says at the top (like customers should!) you'll soon get used to it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.