Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview there this week. However the hours advertised at thurs and fri 1-5pm and sat 12-4 which is fine but im starting uni next month so im worried that my timetable will clash? Do you think they'll be flexible with this?

ReputationRep:
    ...in other news my name badge just went through the wash in my uniform. The end result is it's now label-less.

Woohoo! I am Mr Nobody. Not that I wasn't Mr Nobody as far as Sainsburys are concerned anyway. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hvh)
    I have an interview there this week. However the hours advertised at thurs and fri 1-5pm and sat 12-4 which is fine but im starting uni next month so im worried that my timetable will clash? Do you think they'll be flexible with this?
    Yes - however I'm not going to say tell them or not, because I know it's topical debate as to whether discussing student life screws up your job prospects or not... now is the time generally people are leaving for uni! Hmmm many of our lot work dual-store so they work at a store near uni in term time, then in holidays they come back to us. :yep: hmmm.

ReputationRep:
    whats a dual-store :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    I see the clock in/out debate still continues...

It's not one that I ever have to worry about tbh, because my hours are so tight-knit and at the times when fewest people work there's always so much to do that I always get clocked in at least 5 minutes before and out at least 5-10 minutes after my shift. Yet do I get paid extra for them? Nah.

Friday night - 5 staff left to close.
    Saturday night - 4 staff left to close.

Saturday, we just didn't get any of the checkouts tidyed. I went in to get something on Sunday morning, one of the supervisers who'd been there Saturday night with me said "Yeah by the way... the mess didn't go down well"

Haha well it's not our 4 faults that everyone else is on holiday or ill and they don't want to pay people to cover is it?!

Screw them.
    Lol you should count yourself lucky, when I close of Friday, its just me and my other runner, I lock the door, she jumps on a till and I go on the bottom self scan, to serve the last customers :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSJ)
    whats a dual-store :s
    Exactly as Lukely said, someone working in two stores depending on when their away for uni and back home on holidays from uni.

ReputationRep:
    thought id come say hi as im joining the sainsburys group lol, i had my interview friday at 10am and was out at 11.15 and by 12.30 the same day id had a call to offer me the job i have my induction tomorrow and was wondering what it involved and what i should wear?
    ive got the job as customber service assistant (checkouts) for 12 hours a week as a 12 week temp £6.30 an hour

ReputationRep:
    When a store offers you a job, how long can you wait before you get back to them? As one of my friends have 2 job interviews (one at the beginning of the week and one at the end of the week (lucky :p:) so if she would want to know if she got a job offer from the other job before she makes the decision...

ReputationRep:
    I see the clock in/out debate still continues...

It's not one that I ever have to worry about tbh, because my hours are so tight-knit and at the times when fewest people work there's always so much to do that I always get clocked in at least 5 minutes before and out at least 5-10 minutes after my shift. Yet do I get paid extra for them? Nah.

Friday night - 5 staff left to close.
    Saturday night - 4 staff left to close.

Saturday, we just didn't get any of the checkouts tidyed. I went in to get something on Sunday morning, one of the supervisers who'd been there Saturday night with me said "Yeah by the way... the mess didn't go down well"

Haha well it's not our 4 faults that everyone else is on holiday or ill and they don't want to pay people to cover is it?!

Screw them.
    Its a regular occourence on a Saturday when i'm running in the evenings.

ReputationRep:
    ...in other news my name badge just went through the wash in my uniform. The end result is it's now label-less.

Woohoo! I am Mr Nobody. Not that I wasn't Mr Nobody as far as Sainsburys are concerned anyway. :woo:
    Good luck with getting a new one! :yep: Mine went through the machine, & I gave up trying to get them to actually give me a new one in the end, & wrote my name on the darn thing in biro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolly pop)
    thought id come say hi as im joining the sainsburys group lol, i had my interview friday at 10am and was out at 11.15 and by 12.30 the same day id had a call to offer me the job i have my induction tomorrow and was wondering what it involved and what i should wear?
    ive got the job as customber service assistant (checkouts) for 12 hours a week as a 12 week temp £6.30 an hour
    Good for you.
    Supposed to wear something smartish. But I bet you will all be in jeans by day 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Good luck with getting a new one! :yep: Mine went through the machine, & I gave up trying to get them to actually give me a new one in the end, & wrote my name on the darn thing in biro
    Yeah how can I do that - it's just a bit of black plastic with a safety pin in the back now lol! No sticker or anything left to write on. Haha. I should sellotape a bit of paper on it and fake it... with a Sainsbury's logo on it and my name until I can get a new one... see if they notice, I could give myself a new identity... :p:

Luke
    Customer Executions Manager

Muahahaha

Do you think I'd get in trouble for making my own replacement name badge, if I didn't put a silly role on it?

ReputationRep:
    Luke
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    On my way to hand my notice my 4 weeks notice in.
    AHHHHH.
    Scary stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    When a store offers you a job, how long can you wait before you get back to them? As one of my friends have 2 job interviews (one at the beginning of the week and one at the end of the week (lucky :p:) so if she would want to know if she got a job offer from the other job before she makes the decision...
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah how can I do that - it's just a bit of black plastic with a safety pin in the back now lol! No sticker or anything left to write on. Haha. I should sellotape a bit of paper on it and fake it... with a Sainsbury's logo on it and my name until I can get a new one... see if they notice, I could give myself a new identity... :p:

Luke

Muahahaha

Do you think I'd get in trouble for making my own replacement name badge, if I didn't put a silly role on it?
    Just go to HR and ask for a new label - it should take around 20 seconds to do.

ReputationRep:

Luke

Muahahaha

Probably! You know what our place is like, they dont care atall if girls have their long hair flowing down their backs, but heaven forbid if you have a quid coin in your pocket to buy a paper after your shift! :yep:
    I think if your badge is completely kernackered, they would probably do you one while you wait? They seem to be handing out 2 each ive noticed. I wouldn't mind just one!

ReputationRep:
    I should really get myself a new one my names starting to fade now. I'm surprised the mystery customer managed to read my name badge alright as it was only 2 weeks ago and it was just as bad back then.

Does anyone know exactly what the mystery customer marks you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setmefree)
    I should really get myself a new one my names starting to fade now. I'm surprised the mystery customer managed to read my name badge alright as it was only 2 weeks ago and it was just as bad back then.

Does anyone know exactly what the mystery customer marks you on?
    A cashier is marked on:

1. A friendly greeting
    2. Willingness to serve
    3. A friendly goodbye
    4. A name badge and tidy uniform.

ReputationRep:
    Oh so you don't get marked down for not asking for a nectar card?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.