Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    guys one thing

I rang to confirm and they gave me the induction details etc n guy said they will check references

but i gave educational ones...and the teachers gave the schools contact details, what if they cant get hold of them? or coz their teaching or somthing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tosh999)
    sorry to hear but did you ring and find out
    No, but only because i dont know what number i have to ring. The email said to call for feedback but instead of a phone number they gave me some area code.

EDIT: just rang the store, sat there for 5 minutes waiting for someone to pick up, nobody did. Guess ill try later or on Monday, since i dont know what days HR is open and closed at my store.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    Nope. Im still 'First Stage Interview' But the guy did say it might take up to 7 days because they have been interviewing for loads of different positions.

He was the manager of the department i was applying for too, so i potentially met my boss Also guys, since i read here everyone does till training, he asked me what i might be uncomfortable with, and i said tills to start off, and he told me a online shopper never touches the tills :eek:
    Not everyone in my store is till trained, and their only till trained when they bug HR for it.

ReputationRep:
    guys one thing

I rang to confirm and they gave me the induction details etc n guy said they will check references

but i gave educational ones...and the teachers gave the schools contact details, what if they cant get hold of them? or coz their teaching or somthing
    I did the same. I put my college tutors down and they just send them a small questionnaire (You showed me it just to confirm that I was actually applying for the job). I wouldn't worry too much about it.

ReputationRep:
    Really annoyed.
    I've only been working at sainsbury's for about 3 months. And my team leader (i'm on checkouts has started getting really quite rude.

I think this woman must have something against me, i've heard the way she talks to me and other members who started the same time as me and it's like she's belittling me for some reason.

She asked me to come off tills for my 11 week assessment, even though the store was completely packed, which hacked off the other supervisors. Anyway I came off and she said to me to hold on a minute and walked off, I didn't know where to go as she had never once told me. So I just tided my till area until she returned. Once she stopped in the middle of the checkout area aisle did she called me over and almost bit my head off for standing in the till area when it's busy. Which was really embarrassing of course in front of the whole store + I didn't know where to go as she never told me. Then next thing I know she's telling me to move out of the way as there was customers that can't get by and started tugging my arm like a child which I did not appreciate despite the fact I am the youngest member on checkouts, when she was the one that decided to stop there in the first place.

I don't think I can be bothered to face her later

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to take anybody tugging at your arm. I would definately suggest filing a complaint against that member of staff.

Yeah, I would report that. Working at Sainsburys should never require physical contact unless it's an emergency.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    I've never heard of night shift counter assistants before. Didn't know they existed.
    me neither. the only people in on night shifts are...the manager of the shift, and the people stacking shelves haha.

ReputationRep:
    Were all stores doing a free "Bag-for-life" promotion today? Absolute nightmare... the amount of coupons was ridiculous and people going crazy when you tell them its only one free bag per customer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beherenow94)
    Were all stores doing a free "Bag-for-life" promotion today? Absolute nightmare... the amount of coupons was ridiculous and people going crazy when you tell them its only one free bag per customer.
    Yes. On all counts.

ReputationRep:
    checkouts lol
    im slightly worried haha
    and thanks
    i joined checkout department in sept, high five fellow checkout buddy lol. i get to do customer services too which is much more interesting, checkouts tomorrow tho! yay...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the wage for 16 yr olds is?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellybeanmonster)
    Anyone know what the wage for 16 yr olds is?

Thanks
    4.76 phr. After 6 months service, it will go up to the adult 'competent' rate at 6.37 i think. They're scrapping the junior competent rate from March.

ReputationRep:
    Sharesave 2010 anyone?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beherenow94)
    huh, I really didn't have a problem, I just offered the free bag at the beginning of the transaction and put a leaflet in it as well. Went quite smoothly for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmg83)
    huh, I really didn't have a problem, I just offered the free bag at the beginning of the transaction and put a leaflet in it as well. Went quite smoothly for me
    At least three people threatened to get the manager when I said it was one bag per cusomter! I'm pretty sure I wasn't rude and apologised profusely.
    Plus my till got clogged with vouchers
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    what is sharesave? is it worth doing?

ReputationRep:
    Not all of my overtime has been paid, again.

Gah! why do they never get it right!

ReputationRep:
    sharesave
    once a year, when you have completed at least 3 months continuous service, you have the chance to join our sharesave plan. you can save between £5 and £250 per period for three or five years and at the end of the savings term a bonus is added to you savngs. upon maturuty you can, use these savings to buy shares in j sainsbury plc at discounted share price set before the invitation period, or you can take the money to spend on anything you wish.

sainsburys share purchase plan
    onc you have completed at least 12 months continuous service, you have the opportunity to buy shares in j sainsburys plc out of your gross salary. the plan enables you to receive shares free of income tax and national insurance provided they are in the plan for at least five years. you can choose how much you want to contribute (between £8 and £115 every period), capped at 10% of you taxable pay. since september 2008 the company has been giving you one free share for each four shares you purchase, and this will continue until august 2010.

this was from the letter given last year as you can teel from the text of the share purchase plan
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by TheLastDaysOfDisco)
    Not all of my overtime has been paid, again.

Gah! why do they never get it right!
    yeah lots of our staff had that this pay day. again. one of them lost loads because premiums were not paid where they were meant to either

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.