Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setmefree)
    Oh so you don't get marked down for not asking for a nectar card?
    Sorry yes you do, it comes under the section entitled "A perfect finish"

ReputationRep:
    This sounds wierd, but I'm planning on getting my left ear pierced and a tattoo on my lower neck/ under the colar bone, The tattoo will be practically invisible when wearing uniform.
    Will they care about this?
    Especially as I've been accepted to become a Team Leader, I just don't want them to think I'm setting a bad example or whatever.
    Opinions on this pleasee!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Good for you.
    Supposed to wear something smartish. But I bet you will all be in jeans by day 2
    so it doesnt matter what we wear for the induction? i wasnt told anything on the phone apart from i had the job and induction was tomorrow and wednesday lol

No it doesn't matter. You should get your uniform on the first day of the induction anyway. Or at least we did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Writer14)
    Just go to HR and ask for a new label - it should take around 20 seconds to do.
    I found my other badge on my desk haha

I've got a blank one that just says my name (the one that got cleaned!) and one that has Customer Service Assistant on it as well. lol

I still fancy being Customer Executions Manager though.

*phew* :woo:

MCM is crap.. MCM is crap.. I don't think it makes us provide better service, I think it just scares the crap outta us. It sure scares me outta my mind...

lol OH NOES MY NECTAR POINTZ ARE NOT ON MI RECEIPT UR STORE MUST BE BAD BAD BAD.

Everyone forgets things. Everyone makes mistakes. All MCM proves is that sometimes colleagues have a bad day too and that sometimes we forget things. In the case of the MCM, just at the wrong time if you're the lucky person who gets to serve said mystery customer.

It also gives Sainsbury's an excuse to nit-pick and fire people.

:yep:

Someone will shoot me down for the above post but I don't really mind tbh. I think MCM means well, but Sainsbury's take it toooo far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    I found my other badge on my desk haha

I've got a blank one that just says my name (the one that got cleaned!) and one that has Customer Service Assistant on it as well. lol

I still fancy being Customer Executions Manager though.

*phew* :woo:

MCM is crap.. MCM is crap.. I don't think it makes us provide better service, I think it just scares the crap outta us. It sure scares me outta my mind...

lol OH NOES MY NECTAR POINTZ ARE NOT ON MI RECEIPT UR STORE MUST BE BAD BAD BAD.

Everyone forgets things. Everyone makes mistakes. All MCM proves is that sometimes colleagues have a bad day too and that sometimes we forget things. In the case of the MCM, just at the wrong time if you're the lucky person who gets to serve said mystery customer.

It also gives Sainsbury's an excuse to nit-pick and fire people.

:yep:

Someone will shoot me down for the above post but I don't really mind tbh. I think MCM means well, but Sainsbury's take it toooo far.

I'm going to make a point to fail most of the critera for the mcm

ReputationRep:
    I'm really surprised I got 100% on the MCM if nectar is a requirement. I'm on the kiosk the majority of the time and don't ever ask for a nectar card although on the rare times im now on tills I only ask when I can be bothered.. or usually just if I can see it in the persons purse/wallet when they are about to pay then I ask since I know it's worthwhile. Must have been lucky that the mystery customer was a rare person I bothered to ask for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSJ)
    Gosh, secretly we all do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSJ)
    Probably not a good idea, as the MCM report now reveals the name of the colleague in question regardless of if you passed or not. If you failed the visit for your store you can probably expect a disiplinary coming your way.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not a good idea, as the MCM report now reveals the name of the colleague in question regardless of if you passed or not. If you failed the visit for your store you can probably expect a disiplinary coming your way.
    I asked one of our 4 checkout managers if they pass your name forward even if you fail and she said no only if the person gets 100%! Now im confused.

ReputationRep:
    I asked one of our 4 checkout managers if they pass your name forward even if you fail and she said no only if the person gets 100%! Now im confused.
    To add to the confusion I heard that they dont give you the names of those that failed, but the manager can request it if they want.

On the Nectar front I always wait to see if they give me their card, if not I ask. Would this count as a pass?

I'm not going to question your managers, because I'm sure they know more than me, but I too heard that things have recently been changed, in that the MCM report includes names regardless of whether it was a pass or a fail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I'm not going to question your managers, because I'm sure they know more than me, but I too heard that things have recently been changed, in that the MCM report includes names regardless of whether it was a pass or a fail?
    We've definately had the names of those who have caused a fail. It doesn't actually come on the printed report, but we get it in an email about a week later.

ReputationRep:
    /care?

i hate sainsburys neway, so disiplinary... doesn't really bother me, its just a part time job

ReputationRep:
    MCM just does my head in, its all management ever go on about, its a bit annoying. I kinda feel i can give good customer service without having scripts to hand, argh!

ReputationRep:
    been wanting to ask this for a while and keep forgetting about it.
    about 3 months ago i was given an envelope with my details in and says to make sure they are correct. it shows an incorrect DOB by a month and the wrong postcode but the address is right though.
    do those details actually matter? don't think DOB is necessary as i'm 22 and it is not like they are expecting me to reach a certain age like 18. and don't see why they need my address.
    cant really be bothered to go into HR and change it, there's other jobs that need done.

ReputationRep:
    They made a mistake with my address when I had started and seen a print of my colleague record and I just popped in and told them. They might have to send you something to your address one day so it might be best to make sure it's accurate so it reaches you. HR haven't done a good job if they got 2 things wrong there haha.

ReputationRep:
    They tried to scare us $*$*$*$* during our induction as they kept referring to MCM and MAC targets and Think 25 fines and how we would "let the store down". They actually tried to make it sound really serious just to get us to toe the line - I think a couple might have left because of that training.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    They tried to scare us $*$*$*$* during our induction as they kept referring to MCM and MAC targets and Think 25 fines and how we would "let the store down". They actually tried to make it sound really serious just to get us to toe the line - I think a couple might have left because of that training.
    Sounds a lot like my store. WE WORSHIP THE MCM. I swear. And I don't consider it training... I think it's *scaring*

And yeah I think you don't get the name on the printed report and managment have to request it sounds right. I bet they've requested a name for our most recent one, considering it was 5/10 then 000000 for the rest!!

Not good.

I don't think it should lead to discipliniary though tbf I think... mistakes are mistakes and people have bad days and not every customer interacts back or whatever so how's it fair? Obviously if a colleague was crap day in, day out, tills were always all over the place money-wise, they were rude to customers or whatever... then of course!

Anyb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davireland)
    A cashier is marked on:

1. A friendly greeting
    2. Willingness to serve
    3. A friendly goodbye
    4. A name badge and tidy uniform.
    Do they mark you on making conversation during the transaction? Like how are you, isn't the weather terrible, etc? My supervisors always tell me I need to do this when they observe me, but not every customer wants to be chatted to like this, they just want to get out of there.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.