The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clare7
If I walked it would take me about 2 hours lol. 20-25 mins in the car if you go slightly faster than you're supposed to! :wink:

I rang them up and said I wont be able to make it, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

That's the same as me, i'm not sure if i'm still on my probationary. I've been there for three months but only just done my 4 week sign off.

Oh well, if it's still like this at the weekend I think i'll have to attempt the two hour walk :smile:
It'd take me 40 minutes to walk when there's no snow/ice so I am def not walking! Especially at 9/10pm & 7am/8am lol. Roads are still pretty bad.
walked to and from work today 1hr30 each way how cool am i lol. aint doing that again!
We were sold out of bread twice in 4 hours tonight lol :K:
Shift was absolute madness. I think people were just panic buying really.

and also, :fatcontroller:
Quite lucky I suppose. Buses were all running as normal, actually got into work quicker than usual! It wasn't busy, yet it wasn't as dead as it has been either. Had a pleasant shift, even if I did spend 2 hours of it doing 'promotions' at the front of the store. :smile:
Is everyone's pay day with Sainsbury's - the first Friday of every month? I was wondering do they pay you before Christmas time? Because I just started working with them this past 2 weeks, therefore I only get paid like £105 now on the 3rd of December. The bulk of my earnings is going to come on the 7th of January, which will be after I actually need the money.
Reply 6966
You get paid every 4 fridays, tomorrow being one of them.

I need some advice... Shall i risk the drive to work tomorrow, im worried about the ice, only passed my driving test 2 weeks ago!
Original post by Clare7

I need some advice... Shall i risk the drive to work tomorrow, im worried about the ice, only passed my driving test 2 weeks ago!

walk like a cool kid :cool:
So I'll have to wait till after christmas then? It's just alot of other of my friends who work for large companies - Next, Halfords etc. Are getting paid twice in December so they have money for christmas.
Original post by Irishmonkey1992
So I'll have to wait till after christmas then? It's just alot of other of my friends who work for large companies - Next, Halfords etc. Are getting paid twice in December so they have money for christmas.

We are getting paid twice in December. It just so happens to fall as December 3rd and December 31st, I believe.

Do you have a free overdraft? You could always work out your expected wage on the 31st and use the overdraft to buy your presents, safe in the knowledge the money will be coming in to cover the cost. Not ideal I know, but a possible short-term solution. :smile:
What can I say, Sainsbury's likes to be different.
Reply 6971
Empty milk display with a notice on appologising for the lack of stock due to snow and no delivery.... Why then ask if theres any milk out back... really, we're going to hide it from you.... :facepalm:
Yes... we have a cow out the back and she's not giving out milk... thats what I felt like saying!
yeah we're not having much of a delivery of stock with short life, or milk.
Original post by Clare7

I wouldn't drive it if I were you. I passed my test this time last year and the snow was that bad I couldn't get driving until February. :s-smilie:
Hi guys
Got an interview on Monday, hope I get the job!
What is the pay for 18+?
Reply 6975
Pay day tomorrow! :smile: So excited as it's gonna be my first one :biggrin: and then i can go christmas shopping!
Original post by Mocktheweak
Hi guys
Got an interview on Monday, hope I get the job!
What is the pay for 18+?

It's £6.03 for my store, depends where you live. You get a pay rise after so long
Original post by inksplodge
It's £6.03 for my store, depends where you live. You get a pay rise after so long

Cool. Thanks for the reply :smile:
:O I got paid £173! Totally unexpected... I thought I calculated it accurately to be around £105 - Includes Induction day, followed by 4 normal days of work. That's amazing, for tax and all being deducted. I'm so happy lol Love you Sainsbury's.

Too bad ya's are going to let me go again after Christmas, just like you did last year. Broke my heart! lol
My wages are short. By around £70. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending