Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    Do they mark you on making conversation during the transaction? Like how are you, isn't the weather terrible, etc? My supervisors always tell me I need to do this when they observe me, but not every customer wants to be chatted to like this, they just want to get out of there.
    They expect you to be willing to serve and if your chatty to the customer then it demonstrates it perfectly. What I say to my colleagues is start with an open question like "Hiya, how are u today?" or "Hi, the weathers nice out there today isnt it?" then if the customer gives a one word answer then its obvious they dont wanna chat but the customers who do want to chat will then start chatting back.

ReputationRep:
    Our MCM was the lowest in the area ooper daisy!
    I still dont get it though, I understand its right to say hello when a customer approaches you, thats fair play, but all this having to say good bye, is rude? If someone said to me 'goodbye' I would think they were taking the p. Like 'yeh bye, n sod off' kinda thing? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    Do they mark you on making conversation during the transaction? Like how are you, isn't the weather terrible, etc? My supervisors always tell me I need to do this when they observe me, but not every customer wants to be chatted to like this, they just want to get out of there.
    Its all too over the to :yep: Chessington world of adventures is embarrassing. Every person that serves you asks if you are having a good day so far. When the third member of staff says that to you, you just know they dont give a shiney really, they HAVE to say that. I would rather they didn't ta, & the customers always right, right??? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Our MCM was the lowest in the area ooper daisy!
    I still dont get it though, I understand its right to say hello when a customer approaches you, thats fair play, but all this having to say good bye, is rude? If someone said to me 'goodbye' I would think they were taking the p. Like 'yeh bye, n sod off' kinda thing? :rolleyes:
    We had a proper low score, 42% or something, then the next one we got about 98% and we got a letter of justin, contradulating us for the best improvement in the country :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    We had a proper low score, 42% or something, then the next one we got about 98% and we got a letter of justin, contradulating us for the best improvement in the country :eek:
    I think ours was lower than that... Spazzycazzy can back me up on this one, I can't remember the percentage. lol

LOL!

I got a call today, asking me to return my uniform; funny considering I wasn't even given one! :mad:

I'm going off on a tangent slightly, but how hideous is Sainsbury's uniform compared to others? I received my Orange one today, and it's a lot nicer - It's so shiny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    LOL!

I got a call today, asking me to return my uniform; funny considering I wasn't even given one! :mad:

I'm going off on a tangent slightly, but how hideous is Sainsbury's uniform compared to others? I received my Orange one today, and it's a lot nicer - It's so shiny

All ive been given ( a whole year ago) was one blue polo top......

(Original post by BSJ)
    All ive been given ( a whole year ago) was one blue polo top......
    I think I had the whole package, polo, shirt, tie, fleece. But I had to give it back when I left.. and when I got re-employed, I didn't get nothing.

But I still think Sainsbury's uniform is bland an boring. I don't think much thought went in to it.. (I think I'm being petty now aren't I..?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    I think ours was lower than that... Spazzycazzy can back me up on this one, I can't remember the percentage. lol
    I dont think the percentage was on our news sheet, but it was diabolical apparently :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I dont think the percentage was on our news sheet, but it was diabolical apparently :yep:

we got 30 summing percent last time

ReputationRep:
    -sigh-

Facing a disiplinary tommorow.

I asked my manager if I should bring someone along and she said "Only if you want to", so I asked her "If it was the otherway around and you faced a disiplinaary, would you bring someone?" and she said no.

I'm going to postpone the meeting for an hour if I can and get a workmate to sit in with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    -sigh-

Facing a disiplinary tommorow.

I asked my manager if I should bring someone along and she said "Only if you want to", so I asked her "If it was the otherway around and you faced a disiplinaary, would you bring someone?" and she said no.

I'm going to postpone the meeting for an hour if I can and get a workmate to sit in with me.
    awww whats it for?

A little bird told me at work today that our store is supposed to be getting the new plum uniforms in December? Does anyone know if they're starting to roll refits out again after they stopped them earlier this year? Hope it's true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSJ)
    awww whats it for?
    Not following cash handling procedures properly -related to the theft of the money from self serve i mentioned earliar in the thread.

ReputationRep:
    Not following cash handling procedures properly -related to the theft of the money from self serve i mentioned earliar in the thread.
    I think it's wrong that they're inviting you up for discipliniary for this. From what I gather, it sounds like in that particular situation it was not possible to follow the "correct" cash handling procedures and that it should be who or whatever put you in the position that prevented correct procedure being able to be followed.

However, Sainsbury's is the realm of unreasonable punishment and unbareable torture. So unfortunately it's not the case. And I feel for you. Good luck Foulish!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    I think it's wrong that they're inviting you up for discipliniary for this. From what I gather, it sounds like in that particular situation it was not possible to follow the "correct" cash handling procedures and that it should be who or whatever put you in the position that prevented correct procedure being able to be followed.

However, Sainsbury's is the realm of unreasonable punishment and unbareable torture. So unfortunately it's not the case. And I feel for you. Good luck Foulish!!
    In all honesty, the correct procedure wasn't followed. If us two did do it dual control like we was supposed to, this whole situation wouldn't have happened.

It also turns out that the person that took the money dosen't work for Sainsbury's, but is a contract cleaner so they "can't be punished".

If I ever meet this cleaner they will be getting a few words from me with regards to their d***-headedness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    A little bird told me at work today that our store is supposed to be getting the new plum uniforms in December? Does anyone know if they're starting to roll refits out again after they stopped them earlier this year? Hope it's true.
    New uniforms? Is your place still using those orange & blue is it? Or have they got another one coming out? Ive been there since november & we have burgundy tops with orange trim & black trousers? Is that the new one or the old one? Ive not heard anything about new uniforms.

ReputationRep:
    New uniforms? Is your place still using those orange & blue is it? Or have they got another one coming out? Ive been there since november & we have burgundy tops with orange trim & black trousers? Is that the new one or the old one? Ive not heard anything about new uniforms.
    The purple ones are the new ones.

I have to lagh because we are the only store in my area to have the "new" uniform", so when people come from other stores to ours, they stand out like a sore thumb.

I've only known the purple one, but if I was made to wear that blue one :puke:

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, the correct procedure wasn't followed. If us two did do it dual control like we was supposed to, this whole situation wouldn't have happened.

It also turns out that the person that took the money dosen't work for Sainsbury's, but is a contract cleaner so they "can't be punished".

If I ever meet this cleaner they will be getting a few words from me with regards to their d***-headedness.
    Well I hope it all works out for you anyways.

Guess the thing to remember as well here is that ALL CONTRACT CLEANERS FROM SAINSBURY'S IN MY EXPERIENCE ARE USELESS DICKS!

lol...

(Original post by FXX)
    I'm not sure if this is correct, but I heard that all the stores that haven't had a refit yet, will be given the new uniform anyway.

I know that my old store (non-refit) has started giving out the new uniform.

Hopefully, it's a step in the right direction to 'standardise' things.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.