Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I don't know if mine are right, did 11 hours overtime. Got paid £641... Will have to check payslip!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone clarify the uniform policy? I got given a shirt and tie as a CSA but have been told this is only for management. Is this right because in my old store a lot of CSA had shirt and ties but in my new local, i've been told they are only for CTSs.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by LordOfTheIsles)
    Can anyone clarify the uniform policy? I got given a shirt and tie as a CSA but have been told this is only for management. Is this right because in my old store a lot of CSA had shirt and ties but in my new local, i've been told they are only for CTSs.
    you can wear a shirt and tie or a polo or whatever, i thought it was all uniform for everyone.. someone on our shift wore a shirt and tie and he isn't a CTS. i personally think the shirt looks ridiculous without the tie

ReputationRep:
    We have polo shirts, jumpers and fleeces, only the management in our store have shirts and ties.:confused:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    oh, people in the petrol station wear shirts and ties too

ReputationRep:
    It seems just to depend on the store but i've been given it so i'm just going keep wearing it. I wouldn't have thought it should matter as long as its a sainsburys uniform. If anything the shirt and tie looks much better than the polo shirt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I don't know if mine are right, did 11 hours overtime. Got paid £641... Will have to check payslip!
    I did 26 hours overtime on top of my usual 48. I have got some extra, but am significantly short. It is annoying because I put in the extra hours so I would have money for Christmas presents. Will have to try and see what the payslip says. What do you do if it is wrong? See HR?

In my store, people have the choice and as such half way the shirt and half the polo. I think all the supervisors/managers where the shirt - from what I can remember - but, as I said, that hasn't meant the rest of us cannot.
    I think having a choice is nice but at the same time, it looks pretty odd. Not least because the shirt and polo are different colours!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by affinity89)
    I did 26 hours overtime on top of my usual 48. I have got some extra, but am significantly short. It is annoying because I put in the extra hours so I would have money for Christmas presents. Will have to try and see what the payslip says. What do you do if it is wrong? See HR?
    Go to HR asap. If you're lucky they might put it straight through to your account today but one of my work colleagues' payslips are regularly messed up and he has to wait til the next pay day to get his money back which is bloody ridiculous...

ReputationRep:
    Go to HR asap. If you're lucky they might put it straight through to your account today but one of my work colleagues' payslips are regularly messed up and he has to wait til the next pay day to get his money back which is bloody ridiculous...
    I can't go into work today - I have university classes until 5pm. I'll try to sort it out when I am in tomorrow. It would help if we got our payslips though - it took two weeks for me to get my last payslip. Until I've seen it, I don't know what is going on.

I haven't signed up for any more overtime since - I don't think I'll bother. What is the point if you don't get paid lol?

Thanks for the advice.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by affinity89)
    I can't go into work today - I have university classes until 5pm. I'll try to sort it out when I am in tomorrow. It would help if we got our payslips though - it took two weeks for me to get my last payslip. Until I've seen it, I don't know what is going on.

I haven't signed up for any more overtime since - I don't think I'll bother. What is the point if you don't get paid lol?

Thanks for the advice.
    Really? Go and get it from your manager! I get mine the shift after pay day [so, tonight]

ReputationRep:
    Really? Go and get it from your manager! I get mine the shift after pay day [so, tonight]
    Everything is a tad disorganised. I was told to get it from HR. They told me to ask my manager - who wasn't in that day. Next shift, I asked him and he told me to ask supervisor w. Then supervisor x told me to get it from supervisor y. It was a complete mess. Turns out they were in supervisor z's locker the whole time. :/

ReputationRep:
    hey all, first 2 payslips from sainsburys i have been charged £0 tax and £4 NI, i have earnt under £6000 since april so is this why? some of my colleagues are getting tax and they have also earnt under 6k

(Original post by Ineverwas)
    hey all, first 2 payslips from sainsburys i have been charged £0 tax and £4 NI, i have earnt under £6000 since april so is this why? some of my colleagues are getting tax and they have also earnt under 6k
    It's based on your pro-rata earnings. By the end of the year (April) if you all carry on earning the same amount each month, you will earn under the £6k threshold and they will have earned more. If that's wrong then they can claim it back at the end of the year.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me IPM, In my 4 week review I was told that my IPM is only 16 at the moment, I hadnt realised they actually tracked it, id been going loads slower.

Does IPM stop going down when you get to the bag reuse screen? Also idle time, what the point in it?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    you know i remember the day i was told i had the job. i was so happy. wish i still felt like that now lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare7)
    Can someone explain to me IPM, In my 4 week review I was told that my IPM is only 16 at the moment, I hadnt realised they actually tracked it, id been going loads slower.

Does IPM stop going down when you get to the bag reuse screen? Also idle time, what the point in it?
    IPM means items per minute, which funnily enough means how many items you scan in a minute. Stores set a target IPM for you to reach, and if you miss it then that's deemed unacceptable. Targets vary, ours is 18 I think.

I believe IPM stops when it gets to the bag bit aye. I tend to just fire everything through quickly then help with their shopping afterwards if they are really slow.

Idle time I don't know? I just turn my screen off after every customer so I start with 0 IPM that way your working from 0 seconds again.

A tip is don't put things through as multiple items i.e. 5 cans of beans. Scan them all through individually as it's good for your IPM and is actually quicker than going through the computer to get to the multiple bit.

I am a sad character and actually like finding out what my IPM is. In my first month there I was already highest in the entire store, usually in the 20s and very rarely dropping below that. The speed comes with experience so don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    IPM means items per minute, which funnily enough means how many items you scan in a minute. Stores set a target IPM for you to reach, and if you miss it then that's deemed unacceptable. Targets vary, ours is 18 I think.

I believe IPM stops when it gets to the bag bit aye. I tend to just fire everything through quickly then help with their shopping afterwards if they are really slow.

Idle time I don't know? I just turn my screen off after every customer so I start with 0 IPM that way your working from 0 seconds again.

A tip is don't put things through as multiple items i.e. 5 cans of beans. Scan them all through individually as it's good for your IPM and is actually quicker than going through the computer to get to the multiple bit.

I am a sad character and actually like finding out what my IPM is. In my first month there I was already highest in the entire store, usually in the 20s and very rarely dropping below that. The speed comes with experience so don't worry.
    I do that anyway, because I can't be bothered to go via the screen. And I've learnt a lot of the 4 digit codes for the fruit, which really speeds it up, saves going through the plu menus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty142)
    I do that anyway, because I can't be bothered to go via the screen. And I've learnt a lot of the 4 digit codes for the fruit, which really speeds it up, saves going through the plu menus.
    Haha same. It was a sad day when I started seeing the bananas in my house as "4011" instead of fruit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schumacher)
    Haha same. It was a sad day when I started seeing the bananas in my house as "4011" instead of fruit.
    lol I keep doing that with my housemate's 1601 pepper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty142)
    lol I keep doing that with my housemate's 1601 pepper
    Glad I'm not the only one then

Sainsbury's is making me warped. I'll end up turning into one of those odd SMB's soon.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.