Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xangelinax)
    What is the my Sainsburys thing?
    Basically a special discount scheme that allows colleagues to get discount to all sorts of events/things!
    I've only used it for Thorpe park fright night tickets (£21 each) and the week after fright night (£15 each) so its not bad, and its free!

ReputationRep:
    Would ya mind PMing me the code as well?
    Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    I'll PM it to you, it probably shouldn't be made public
    Fancy pming a fellow orange worker please lol

ReputationRep:
    PM's Sent... If anyone else wants the code, just message me, I'll send it to you!

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview today & I didn't have to do a questionnaire :confused:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    really, its free? i thought it was part of the SSA scheme where you pay like £1 a month. i didnt get a code to log on with though so i have no idea how to use it, it did get me a cheaper ticket to our xmas party though
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    also re: refusals/etc we were told to put every single instance down of asking for i.d....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    really, its free? i thought it was part of the SSA scheme where you pay like £1 a month. i didnt get a code to log on with though so i have no idea how to use it, it did get me a cheaper ticket to our xmas party though
    SSA is different to the extra online benefits. SSA is more for store level events, the extra benefits is more for personal use, like days out, hotels, halfords vouchers etc.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    SSA is different to the extra online benefits. SSA is more for store level events, the extra benefits is more for personal use, like days out, hotels, halfords vouchers etc.
    oh, is it? cos the booklet full of offers always says "SSA member price" ... they have some good things though, like cineworld[ i think] you get cheaper tickets, and travel as well.

but could i please have the code, too? ^_^

also re: refusals/etc we were told to put every single instance down of asking for i.d....
    Yep, that's what I'm told every time I do Think 25 refresher training (not that I ever work on tills though).
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    Yep, that's what I'm told every time I do Think 25 refresher training (not that I ever work on tills though).
    our store manager actually went to check the checkout people were recording every challenge [refusal or not] and gave them a warning if they weren't doing it!

ReputationRep:
    We were told that too.

As mentioned before though, we were not told we had to note it down if we pressed 'no' by mistake. I didn't realise I had the wrong button until I had already pressed it, so just rescanned and carried on. I know for next time I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know the tell Justin e-mail address? Can't find it anywhere! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drakesdrum)
    Does anybody know the tell Justin e-mail address? Can't find it anywhere! Thanks

You can do it from there!

ReputationRep:
    I just got my first ever job interview!! With Sainsbury's! :woo: Whoopee! I'm rather happy . Though it was meant to the last week, but got cancelled because of the snow. But never mind as I have it again this Friday. Fingers crossed :grin:

ReputationRep:
    I see sainsbury's employ Ogre's now....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare7)
    so are you supposed to ID before you press yes or no?

i was under the impression that if they didnt look 18 you pressed no
    Just thought i'd say that when the prompt screen comes up it's not literally asking you do they look 18. So if they didn't look 18 you wouldn't just press no, you'd ask for id and then if they don't have any press no.

ReputationRep:
    Would have been cool if they did that for the logo

ReputationRep:

Haha brilliant!!

On a not so pleasant note, my uncle died suddenly at the weekend and I've just been told the funeral's next Wednesday in Chester (5 hr train journey from here) and I'm supposed to be working, what are Sainsbury's like when it comes to asking for time off for things like this? And do I go to HR to sort it out?

(Original post by kirsty142)
    Haha brilliant!!

On a not so pleasant note, my uncle died suddenly at the weekend and I've just been told the funeral's next Wednesday in Chester (5 hr train journey from here) and I'm supposed to be working, what are Sainsbury's like when it comes to asking for time off for things like this? And do I go to HR to sort it out?
    Tell your manager. They won't give you any grief, and if they do, you're fully entitled to tell them to kindly **** off and mind their own business.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.