The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7080
I think I took a fake note today. A woman bought about 20 bottles of expensive wine along with other stuff, the bill was over £200 and she paid cash in 20s

I counted them and put them in the till but when i came to do my flight I noticed one of the 20s in my till was a slightly different colour and the 'bank of england' part wasnt raised.

I wasnt sure what to do, should have probably called a supervisor over, but i just put it in the flight bag and didnt say anything.

What will happen when they realise?
Nothing. They might remind everyone about checking for fake notes but no individual action will be take against yous.
Original post by Clare7
I think I took a fake note today. A woman bought about 20 bottles of expensive wine along with other stuff, the bill was over £200 and she paid cash in 20s

I counted them and put them in the till but when i came to do my flight I noticed one of the 20s in my till was a slightly different colour and the 'bank of england' part wasnt raised.

I wasnt sure what to do, should have probably called a supervisor over, but i just put it in the flight bag and didnt say anything.

What will happen when they realise?

You should be fine, we've had a warning to look out for them though, and to make sure that we don't take any of the old £20 notes cos someone took 3 of them the other week.
Reply 7083
Should I just go to my nearest sainsburys and ask if they have any vacancies? Or will they just refer me to go online and apply through there?
Reply 7084
Original post by mug51
ahhhh my hands hurt from the cold weather, i'm getting cuts on every finger and they split and get bigger when i'm working. what's worse is needing to wash my hands, it's painful.:frown: think i'm gonna cry.
at least i can rest them for a day hopefully they heal.

Awe bless, the supermarket environment isnt kind to hands. Use some lovely hand cream, I use a bit of e45 hand cream in the evenings and now they're just lovely =)
Original post by LW5x01
Should I just go to my nearest sainsburys and ask if they have any vacancies? Or will they just refer me to go online and apply through there?

To be honest, they probably would just redirect you to the website...
Original post by LW5x01

I went on the the Sainsbury's job vacancies online so many times in the past few months without seeing any suitable vacancies for me. Then one day, I decided to try looking again, and I finally managed to find a suitable vacancy in a store near me. I filled in the form straightaway, and I was pleasantly surprised to get a text and email from them the very next day, inviting me to an interview!

So my advice is, to just keep going on the recruitment website again and again. Cos if you don't find something at first, chances are that something could crop up again in the near future. Good luck :biggrin:

Ah, got my interview today :biggrin:. The delay from the snow was annoying, but let's hope it all goes to plan this time :yep:
Reply 7087
Original post by dmg83
Awe bless, the supermarket environment isnt kind to hands. Use some lovely hand cream, I use a bit of e45 hand cream in the evenings and now they're just lovely =)

lol yeah, i got myself some hand cream and been applying loads on.

in other news asda are gonna sell chocolates
US chocolate maker Hershey's is to start selling its Hershey's Kisses in the UK. Walmart's UK subsidiary, Asda, will start selling Hershey's products on an exclusive basis early next year.
Original post by mug51
lol yeah, i got myself some hand cream and been applying loads on.

in other news asda are gonna sell chocolates

I didn't realise it was so hard to get hold of Hershey chocolates. The mini-market on campus sells them - probably because we have quite a few American exchange-students. :smile:
Shame Hershey's chocolate is absolutely disgusting
I just had my interview this evening :biggrin:. I've been asked to come along to the induction days next week, to be trained. So does this mean I've actually got the job now for definite then? It's a temporary one as well.
Original post by drakesdrum
Shame Hershey's chocolate is absolutely disgusting

Their bars are OK, a bit meh compared to British brands though. But the Kisses are actually really nice y'know :smile:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I just had my interview this evening :biggrin:. I've been asked to come along to the induction days next week, to be trained. So does this mean I've actually got the job now for definite then? It's a temporary one as well.

Yep, well done!

Ahh, I remember having a Hershey bar when I was in America. It tasted like sick. >.<
Original post by teh_samby
Yep, well done!

Ahh, I remember having a Hershey bar when I was in America. It tasted like sick. >.<

Ok thanks :yy:. That's awesome, I've actually managed to get a job for once :woo:. I do have to miss some college for the induction though, so I hope my tutor won't mind too much.
Is there a way of checking what shifts you are working online ? Christmas hours etc....
Reply 7095
Original post by Domminitio
Is there a way of checking what shifts you are working online ? Christmas hours etc....

Nah, have to check the schedules instore.
Reply 7096
Original post by FXX
Cut off day is Christmas Day.

If you're contracted to work Fridays and you haven't taken it as holiday then you need to work it, yes.

thanks, and the cut off day for the last payday (dec 3rd)?
Original post by rko
thanks, and the cut off day for the last payday (dec 3rd)?

its always the saturday before pay day so the 27th in this case.
Reply 7098
"Sainsbury's can do whatever they want. They get rid of all the corner shops and then when they have done that, they make us queue, because there is no competition".

Sorry, but people who say things like this NEED to be shot. If they don't like the service they are getting because they are still in the store after midnight, fifteen minutes after closing, because they couldn't be bothered to listen to the tannoys, it is not my fault that the one cashier that is still in the store is the only till trained colleague that is working until half past.
Original post by cherrycola32
its always the saturday before pay day so the 27th in this case.

25th you mean? :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending